Mancini's selection and tactics

As much as i have affection for Bobby, i must reckon that what he's achieved yet with City is nothing less than what a decent manager would have done, regarding the quality of the squad we have/had at disposal : Hart, Kompany, Yaya, NDJ, Silva, Nasri, Tevez, Aguero, Dzeko, Balotelli.
I repeat, any decent manager would have torn appart the Pl last year with such a team.

Now, what a great manager would have done is to spread within the verry core and spine of that squad a worldclass collective team pressing ethic and build a system where we are not as much Yaya dependant as we always are which even prevents us to let him rest.

That he has not achieved yet, and at the highest level it will shine and reveal dreadfull : Arsenal at home a few weeks ago, tonight against a verry pacey and ambitious team.

StrangewaysHereWeCome said:
_dreamer_ said:
Watched the game from 40th Minute. City looked like an average club. No idea, creativity, nothing. Poor defence, as if the players have totally lost their self confidence.

No fast breaks, piss poor build up play.

You can blame players as long as you want, but when the team underperforms constantly, it's manager's fault.

I' ll keep writing this as long as it takes, you can say whatever you want about me. Mancini is nothing special and these guys need someone who can take them on the next level.

He won titles, but let's face it, it was about fuc*ing time to win the Premier League with a roster like that.

He needs to go, he seems to be completely lost atm.

I am not saying that as a Dzeko supporter, maybe the next coach will give him even less minutes. The fact is that you need someone else.
Jesus fucking H christ

Jesus fucking H christ indeed

If the posters on here aren't going to cut some slack to the first manager in a generation who has brought us success and silverware they are complete and utter know nothings. For those who think you know better than Mancini - you're just wrong

Mancio said:
_dreamer_ said:
Mancio said:
I say that you should have learned one thing: English teams are stupidly overrated by British.

Yeah, right. Ehhm, who won the Champions League last year?

doesnt really count who win a cup by lucky , in the last years english teams has been trashed on performance even by fuckyng romenians or danish teams

What, r u serious?

year before that you had 3 teams in 1/4 final. in 09/10 you had two tams in 1/4 final. You are a joke man...

English teams are constantly in the relegation phase.

Danielmanc said:
StrangewaysHereWeCome said:
_dreamer_ said:
Watched the game from 40th Minute. City looked like an average club. No idea, creativity, nothing. Poor defence, as if the players have totally lost their self confidence.

No fast breaks, piss poor build up play.

You can blame players as long as you want, but when the team underperforms constantly, it's manager's fault.

I' ll keep writing this as long as it takes, you can say whatever you want about me. Mancini is nothing special and these guys need someone who can take them on the next level.

He won titles, but let's face it, it was about fuc*ing time to win the Premier League with a roster like that. (Just fuck off)

He needs to go, he seems to be completely lost atm.

I am not saying that as a Dzeko supporter, maybe the next coach will give him even less minutes. The fact is that you need someone else.
Jesus fucking H christ

Jesus fucking H christ indeed

If the posters on here aren't going to cut some slack to the first manager in a generation who has brought us success and silverware they are complete and utter know nothings. For those who think you know better than Mancini - you're just wrong
We're both horrendously wrong and you need (as I have done) to read the post above yours

Mancio said:
_dreamer_ said:
Mancio said:
I say that you should have learned one thing: English teams are stupidly overrated by British.

Yeah, right. Ehhm, who won the Champions League last year?

doesnt really count who win a cup by lucky , in the last years english teams has been trashed on performance even by fuckyng romenians or danish or swiss teams
That's why in the last few years more English teams have been in the final than from any other nation. Certainly suggests strength rather than luck. Except in your mind, but fuck knows what goes on up there.

ZZmaestro said:
As much as i have affection for Bobby, i must reckon that what he's achieved yet with City is nothing less than what a decent manager would have done, regarding the quality of the squad we have/had at disposal : Hart, Kompany, Yaya, NDJ, Silva, Nasri, Tevez, Aguero, Dzeko, Balotelli.
I repeat, any decent manager would have torn appart the Pl last year with such a team.

Now, what a great manager would have done is to spread within the verry core and spine of that squad a worldclass collective team pressing ethic and build a system where we are not as much Yaya dependant as we always are which even prevents us to let him rest.

That he has not achieved yet, and at the highest level it will shine and reveal dreadfull : Arsenal at home a few weeks ago, tonight against a verry pacey and ambitious team.

And not to forget one more thing:

Didn't Mourinho win CL with Inter a year after Mancini left with practically same squad?

I want Mancini to drop his anti-winger ideology and try introducing at least one high-end winger into the team. Our game has become predictable and stagnant, it hasn't been truly free flowing since the first half of last season and there's no real evidence that it's ever going to go back to that quality. A big part of that may simply be teams learning how to defend better against our narrow approach, wingers are harder to defend against and that's why when you think of players like Robben, Ribery, Valencia, Bale, and Ronaldo (not really a proper winger now but still spends a lot of time out wide) against your team you get that feeling of terror at what their pace and skill might do to your team. We don't have a single winger like that and I'm sorry but this "full-backs are our wingers" thing is absolute bollox, they don't pose half the threat... Richards did at times last season but that's it. Maybe Maicon will offer some improved threat down the right, I don't know. English teams struggle against width, look at how the rags have never really been sussed out by most English teams after 25 years or so of using wingers, but we don't exploit that at all.

_dreamer_ said:
ZZmaestro said:

Didn't Mourinho win CL with Inter a year after Mancini left with practically same squad?

yes , pratically the same squad. apart from quaresma-mancini-muntari-milito-motta-eto'o-sneijder-lucio-pandev the rest was the same squad.....

_dreamer_ said:
ZZmaestro said:

No. It was two years later. He failed in the first year aains United. Still tried to play the same football as Mancini with Ibra upfront as he solves everything on his own. It was enough in the league but in CL it is not.

Then he sold Ibra, bought Eto also signed Sneijder in his first year Milito as well.

Eto played basically a winger many times in that CL run and defended a lot because Mourinho made him to do that for the team as Milito had an absolute fantastic season scoring many goals also Sneijder and they were energic in midfield with Motta, Cambiasso defending very well.
Made huge changes to the Mancini team so he added a lot in mentality in tactics as well.
But Mancini grounded/signed many of that team that is right.
Mourinho gave the them much needed extra in tactics/mentality. What makes the difference between very good and elite.

We are pretty close to that level where that extra is needed.

Dont forget the fact last year we was in a fantastic run in the league we were winning 10 matches from our first 12 or something like this and Tottenham-City 1-5, United-City 1-6 so with results like this.
Still we failed in CL group in those months.

Now our league form is hardly the same.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.