ManCityFans.net Suspended

nool said:
mcfcdave said:
i think it had something to do with steaming.as in streaming live city matches through the web.

I doubt that. Since getting a warning from the host (who was warned by the premier league) no links to streams have been posted.

yeah mate. I think we've done reasonable job deleting all the links.

And I agree with Shady, horses for courses. People have different preferences and there's more than enough room on Internet for both and Citymancs.

Damocles said:
shadygiz said:
how the fuck does a site get shut down for posting links to games that are in the public domain and freely available to all on the internet

their site didnt host games or broadcast them, they merely provided links to external sources, pretty much like me posting a link to sky sports news

myp2p fought their corner recently and won their case....so why would another site be taken down for the same reasons, unless their hosting company shat their pants at the prem league headed note paper

We got the same letter.

We told them to go and fuck themselves.

We still haven't been taken down. I wouldn't imagine it was for this, Ric and the MCF owner are in contact about this issue and I would imagine would present a united front.

Maybe it's just bandwidth again

As shadygiz said, there's no legal ground to put the site down, but the host might not have the backbone to tell the Prem to fuck off. Still, I don't think that's the reason why the site is down today.

macmanson said:
mcfcdave said:
i think it had something to do with steaming.as in streaming live city matches through the web.

Not sure why they went out but it's more than just a web server error. The DNS listing of the website itself is no longer resolving to an IP address, so it may be gone for a while.

that's the biggest worry for me. It's like whole site has disappeared. And with Blue Man Dan (our version of Ric) is concentrating on other business ventures, it might be a while until we are back on line.

macmanson said:
mcfcdave said:

Not sure why they went out but it's more than just a web server error. The DNS listing of the website itself is no longer resolving to an IP address, so it may be gone for a while.

Niall Quinns Discopants said:
macmanson said:

that's the biggest worry for me. It's like whole site has disappeared. And with Blue Man Dan (our version of Ric) is concentrating on other business ventures, it might be a while until we are back on line.

Well, the domain is still active. Have you got an IP address that you could point to to see what's going on?

Damocles said:

Well, the domain is still active. Have you got an IP address that you could point to to see what's going on?

unfortunately not. I'm only moderator. We got different people for techy stuff. I'm a complete knob with these technical things. Some would say I'm complete knob full stop but that's another thing.

Damocles said:

unfortunately not. I'm only moderator. We got different people for techy stuff. I'm a complete knob with these technical things. Some would say I'm complete knob full stop but that's another thing.

Ok, no problems. If I can be any help to you guys, please let me know :)

Damocles said:

cheers mate. I might just need your help if nowt happens in next few days.

Good luck getting it back up, the more City sites, the merrier. I only post at two (here and Vital Man City) but we have enough fans that many small communities (and big ones like here at BM) can coexist. :)

Damocles said:

Damocles, the site no longer resolves to an IP address at all. Here is the result of a dig on any records for the mancityfans.net website:

; <<>> DiG 9.3.2 <<>> @localhost <a class="postlink" href="http://www.mancityfans.net" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;">http://www.mancityfans.net</a> A
; (2 servers found)
;; global options: printcmd
;; Got answer:
;; ->>HEADER<<- opcode: QUERY, status: SERVFAIL, id: 36814
;; flags: qr rd ra; QUERY: 1, ANSWER: 0, AUTHORITY: 0, ADDITIONAL: 0

;; QUESTION SECTION:
;www.mancityfans.net. IN A

;; Query time: 41 msec
;; SERVER: 127.0.0.1#53(127.0.0.1)
;; WHEN: Tue Feb 16 15:15:05 2010
;; MSG SIZE rcvd: 37

As a comparison, here is the response for bluemoon.com:

; <<>> DiG 9.3.2 <<>> @localhost <a class="postlink" href="http://www.bluemoon.com" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;">http://www.bluemoon.com</a> A
; (2 servers found)
;; global options: printcmd
;; Got answer:
;; ->>HEADER<<- opcode: QUERY, status: NOERROR, id: 56791
;; flags: qr rd ra; QUERY: 1, ANSWER: 1, AUTHORITY: 0, ADDITIONAL: 0

;; QUESTION SECTION:
;www.bluemoon.com. IN A

;; ANSWER SECTION:
<a class="postlink" href="http://www.bluemoon.com" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;">http://www.bluemoon.com</a>. 7200 IN A 66.45.69.7

;; Query time: 140 msec
;; SERVER: 127.0.0.1#53(127.0.0.1)
;; WHEN: Tue Feb 16 15:14:20 2010
;; MSG SIZE rcvd: 50

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.