Mancunian or city fan first ?

well I was born in the burbs in Bury and lived in Whitefield but always considered myself a Manc as Manchester was the centre of our world in almost every way as a family...

in the words of John Miles, City were my first love and they will be my last......

fbloke said:
tolmie's hairdoo said:
I'm a Mancunian, but really coundn't give a toss about it.

It's an accident of birth, nothing more.

You get to choose City, you don't get to choose where you land.

Manchester does not define me as a person, it can be a mind-numbing place at times.

To be a Mancunian by birth means everything when you are also brought up with the positive Mancunian energies that exist.

Being a real Mancunian shows you that anything is possible, that you are more than a 'thing' and that YOU can create your own destiny.

I suspect that many Manc's dont see how it has had that impact on them as it can be subtle.

But the same reason why Mancs have dug a canal in order to avoid being fleeced by scousers, why City built Maine Road so big, why folks from Levenshulme held Bonnie Prince Charlie hostage, why Manchester created the Mechanics Institute, why Peterloo happened, why we have the architecture we do, why Sufrage found a home in Manchester and there are so many more why's I could bore you all to death.

But just having the good fortune to be a Manc sets us aside from others in a very positive way if you take those positives on board.

Very stirring, and yet half the people on here are scared of playing the scum at Wembley....

I was born in Manchester, but moved away aged five.
The fact I still consider myself as Mancunian is because of City, so as other posters have said it's one and the same thing to me!!

the kippax wall said:
I love Manchester, it's a million times better than Salford, Trafford, Stockport, Wigan, Stalybridge etc. The mad thing is that people from these areas (with their stupid accents) consider themselves to be Mancs. Oh, and to be a true City fan, you have to be Mancunian. 'City, we're from Manchester'

Don't really think someone in Salford or Old Trafford say has anything other than a Mancunian accent.

Funny I was thinking about this last night when the CL game was on FCB......thinking FCM...drop the City and just run with MANCHESTER....

fcb%20logo.jpg

Will stop people saying Manchester in ref to the dirty fucking neighbours’

Longsight-memories said:
Funny I was thinking about this last night when the CL game was on FCB......thinking FCM...drop the City and just run with MANCHESTER....

fcb%20logo.jpg

Will stop people saying Manchester in ref to the dirty fucking neighbours’
MFC.......you know that has some mileage `Manchester Football Club` it would cost a fortune to re-brand everything, would be nice to say when asked "who do ya suppart mate" (bad cockernee accent) "MANCHESTER pal init"

the kippax wall said:
I love Manchester, it's a million times better than Salford, Trafford, Stockport, Wigan, Stalybridge etc. The mad thing is that people from these areas (with their stupid accents) consider themselves to be Mancs. Oh, and to be a true City fan, you have to be Mancunian. 'City, we're from Manchester'
You might of hooked me here but here goes..
You my friend are a complete and utter prick

the kippax wall said:
Think i understand what you mean.. worst when you meet someone abroad ...where you from..Manchester oh yeah what part...Bolton or Dukinfield Hyde Oldam Wigan.. Salford Hebden Bridge,Aston ,Stockport in fact every fucking place but MANCHESTER.. none of whom i class as mancs.. They come from out in THE FUCKING STICKS...But don’t like speaking about it..

Longsight-memories said:
the kippax wall said:
Think i understand what you mean.. worst when you meet someone abroad ...where you from..Manchester oh yeah what part...Bolton or Dukinfield Hyde Oldam Wigan.. Salford Hebden Bridge,Aston ,Stockport in fact every fucking place but MANCHESTER.. none of whom i class as mancs.. They come from out in THE FUCKING STICKS...But don’t like speaking about it..
I'm proud of coming from Salford and whenever asked i will tell anybody i'm from Salford as regards the sticks learn your history salford was around well before Manchester and is a City in its own rights.
Ask me what comes first Manchester City eveytime.
I'll buy you a vodka in Kiev boys, but i doubt you true blues will be there .

fbloke said:
DortmundDummy said:
For me its Mancunian first then CITY with a passion, its symbiotic, we complement each other. I love the passion of Mancunians and how we survive in the face of adversity and prosper, maybe thats why the sheiks were drawn to us, they know a good thing when they see it. ...

inextricably linked for me.

And me ..well put m8

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.