Mandzukik

i would not take him on a free great in the air powerful but slow . and yes slower than dzeco best transfer munich made over the last three years was getting rid

salfordbluetrue said:
i would not take him on a free great in the air powerful but slow . and yes slower than dzeco best transfer munich made over the last three years was getting rid

He's not a speedster but I would say he's no slower than Negredo and look how he did. Mandzukic has a surprising amount of workrate for one of those stoic looking Balkan strikers and that's why he has played for two teams that work hard and press, Bayern and Atletico. I think Bayern only sold him because someone even better (Lewandowski) appeared on the market and so far Lewa has done no better than Mandzukic did at Bayern for scoring goals.

Mandzukic is being underrated on here, just look at the clubs he has played for recently and his goal scoring rate - or more relevantly his strike rate per minute. Mandzukic is one of the most clinical strikers in Europe. People would rather pay £50m for Cavani because his name is embedded in minds from a few years ago. Yet if you watch them, Mandzukic wastes fewer chances and would probably partner Aguero better. He'd turn Dzeko into our #3 striker soon enough I think.

Not that I think this deal will happen, but I've noticed many of our fans like to turn noses up at players we're linked with if they aren't one of the biggest names. Like De Bruyne, how many instantly dismissed him because Chelsea sold him (like they sold Matic who they had to sign back and is probably the best holding midfielder in the world now), even though he's arguably the best player in the Bundesliga this season who isn't playing for Bayern Munich. We'll sign superstars I'm sure but there are others who can be signed to improve the squad and if he was really available, I'd have Mandzukic in a heartbeat as Negredo's overdue replacement.

Nothing against him, but I can barely see the point in one Dzeko, two just seems excessive. Same goes for De Bruyne and Sneijder, we seem to be being linked with people who we already have players capable of doing their job. You'd think we'd be more in for players we actually need instead

BigOscar said:
Nothing against him, but I can barely see the point in one Dzeko, two just seems excessive. Same goes for De Bruyne and Sneijder, we seem to be being linked with people who we already have players capable of doing their job. You'd think we'd be more in for players we actually need instead

2 key differences:

Mandzukic will work harder for the team consistently. In Simeone's words, "Mandzukic brings character, committment and strength" and Simeone demands 100% or else will kill the player's family :). Dzeko's attitude has improved a lot but he still doesn't throw himself around enough, which can be frustrating.

Mandzukic has scored a goal every 3.18 shots this season compared to Dzeko's goal per 11.3 shots. Last season, it was 4.48 (Mandzukic) vs. 6.48 (Dzeko, in probably his best season ever) and those fine margins can be important. Every year Mandzukic does this, he isn't the most showy striker but is one of the best at actually putting the ball between the sticks and that clinical edge can decide a tense big game when a player has 1 chance to score.

He can also play as a lone striker very well (look at his performance vs. Arsenal a couple of years back) when Aguero gets crocked.

LoveCity said:
BigOscar said:

2 key differences:

Mandzukic will work harder for the team consistently. In Simeone's words, "Mandzukic brings character, committment and strength" and Simeone demands 100% or else will kill the player's family :). Dzeko's attitude has improved a lot but he still doesn't throw himself around enough, which can be frustrating.

Mandzukic has scored a goal every 3.18 shots this season compared to Dzeko's goal per 11.3 shots. Last season, it was 4.48 (Mandzukic) vs. 6.48 (Dzeko, in probably his best season ever) and those fine margins can be important. Every year Mandzukic does this, he isn't the most showy striker but is one of the best at actually putting the ball between the sticks and that clinical edge can decide a tense big game when a player has 1 chance to score.

He can also play as a lone striker very well (look at his performance vs. Arsenal a couple of years back) when Aguero gets crocked.
Much like with Bony, I'd have no objection in replacing Dzeko with Mandzukic, but I can't see why we'd want both of them.

BigOscar said:

It's not about having players capable of a job it's about having enough players sop that the team improves but so we don't have players with ego's who make for a unhappy camp. I wouldn't complain about having Wes or KDB(would prefer KDB if I had to choose who's like Milner with goals.)

Kun Aguero said:
BigOscar said:

It's not about having players capable of a job it's about having enough players sop that the team improves but so we don't have players with ego's who make for a unhappy camp. I wouldn't complain about having Wes or KDB(would prefer KDB if I had to choose who's like Milner with goals.)
Well if you consider that we have a finite amount of money and foreign squad places, I don't see much value in these players. We already have Silva, Nasri, Milner and Navas, not to mention Yaya if we were to play the way a lot of us want us to play, then we have Lopes, Barker, Pozo waiting to get into those places in the next year or two, along with a few others like Dilrosun and Celina a little further away.

If you compare that to the lack of cover for central midfied, our lack of a truly dependable, top quality leftback or our lack of another mobile striker to cover for Aguero, it just looks like we could use our resources better (imo at least). We got rid of Negredo as he didn't think we had enough use for two big strikers, so it seems odd to be after another one, unless we're getting rid of Dzeko (which seems unlikely after giving him that new contract).

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.