Mandzukik

pretty much on par with Dzeko. Certainly not a significant upgrade anyway. We don't need 2 of his type of striker and i can't see Dzeko going anywhere anytime soon. Doubt Athleti would sell either, he's their main man upfront now and they've lost Striker after striker for the past few years now, As reigning champions of Spain i can't see them letting him go unless silly money is stumped up.

he'll be 29 on may. we might need to buy for his replacement in a 2,3 years. i'd prefer the younger one, someone around 25 and below. can play as a targetman or partner with Kun. mobile, quick, technically good, strong and great finisher. reliable and importantly, NOT INJURY PRONE.

if we get someone like Bony, he'll be a great squad player. proven in the league. he'll be a 2nd choice striker, behind Kun.

Former Manchester City striker Uwe Rosler has expressed his belief that Mario Mandzukic would be a perfect signing for the Premier League champions.

Manuel Pellegrini was forced to name a side without a recognised striker against Crystal Palace on Saturday due to injuries to Sergio Aguero, Edin Dzeko and Stevan Jovetic.

The Citizens are therefore understood to be in the market for a front man in January, with Atletico Madrid's Mandzukic reportedly emerging as one of their top targets.

"I know him a little bit from his time at Bayern Munich. He's a typical number nine. He's a box player and will score goals. He's a physical presence and he's made for the English game," Rosler told talkSPORT.

"I think [with Manchester City] having only three Premier League strikers, there is probably one missing and I think to have a real go [at winning the Premier League] it would probably be a good option to see what happens in January and who is available."

As I recall Atletico's royal supporter, the ex King of Spain Juan Carlos I, was at the Etihad for the Bayern game. Something afoot I reckon. Either Koke or Mandjukic or perhaps an unresolved problem re payment for Martin Petrov.

George Hannah said:
As I recall Atletico's royal supporter, the ex King of Spain Juan Carlos I, was at the Etihad for the Bayern game. Something afoot I reckon. Either Koke or Mandjukic or perhaps an unresolved problem re payment for Martin Petrov.

An unresolved payment for Petrov George; after all this time ?

I like Mandjukic and I am going to resist saying that if he's not good enough for Bayern then he's not good enough for us but I really don't see him as an upgrade on Edin Dzeko who has proved time and time again his worth to City. Long term I feel we can go with three strikers and maybe a youngster around the first team. Which begs the question after a season and a half and no matter how much he can look like a potential world beater how much more of Jovetic's constant little niggly injuries can City put up with.

ifiwasarichfan said:
George Hannah said:

An unresolved payment for Petrov George; after all this time ?

I like Mandjukic and I am going to resist saying that if he's not good enough for Bayern then he's not good enough for us but I really don't see him as an upgrade on Edin Dzeko who has proved time and time again his worth to City. Long term I feel we can go with three strikers and maybe a youngster around the first team. Which begs the question after a season and a half and no matter how much he can look like a potential world beater how much more of Jovetic's constant little niggly injuries can City put up with.

Mandzukic proved in his two years with Bayern that he is more then worthy of that team, he also scored a goal in the Champions League final against Dortmund. He left because of strained relationship with Guardiola. Many people say Lewandowski is better then him, yet his goal scoring rate is nowhere near what Mandzukic did for them. He is underrated striker who won't wow with his skill or stunning goals, but he will wow you with his work rate. There is not a single forward in the world of football that has a better work rate then Mandzukic, that's why Simeone adores him, he is a additional defender and additional midfielder at the same time. And he scores a lot of goals, he is a guy who will pounce on an opportunity when no one else will. With that being said, he will not join City and Atletico will not sell him. They didn't bring Torres back to be his replacement, rather his backup. Also, he wouldn't be eligible for the Champions League for City, so it doesn't make much sense to make a deal, for both parties. Atletico brought him to replace Costa, he did that in a big way, no chance they will sell him in the middle of the season, at the same time, City won't pay big money for a player that is not eligible to play CL.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.