Mandzukik

PaskoDrugi said:
ifiwasarichfan said:
George Hannah said:
As I recall Atletico's royal supporter, the ex King of Spain Juan Carlos I, was at the Etihad for the Bayern game. Something afoot I reckon. Either Koke or Mandjukic or perhaps an unresolved problem re payment for Martin Petrov.

An unresolved payment for Petrov George; after all this time ?

I like Mandjukic and I am going to resist saying that if he's not good enough for Bayern then he's not good enough for us but I really don't see him as an upgrade on Edin Dzeko who has proved time and time again his worth to City. Long term I feel we can go with three strikers and maybe a youngster around the first team. Which begs the question after a season and a half and no matter how much he can look like a potential world beater how much more of Jovetic's constant little niggly injuries can City put up with.

Mandzukic proved in his two years with Bayern that he is more then worthy of that team, he also scored a goal in the Champions League final against Dortmund. He left because of strained relationship with Guardiola. Many people say Lewandowski is better then him, yet his goal scoring rate is nowhere near what Mandzukic did for them. He is underrated striker who won't wow with his skill or stunning goals, but he will wow you with his work rate. There is not a single forward in the world of football that has a better work rate then Mandzukic, that's why Simeone adores him, he is a additional defender and additional midfielder at the same time. And he scores a lot of goals, he is a guy who will pounce on an opportunity when no one else will. With that being said, he will not join City and Atletico will not sell him. They didn't bring Torres back to be his replacement, rather his backup. Also, he wouldn't be eligible for the Champions League for City, so it doesn't make much sense to make a deal, for both parties. Atletico brought him to replace Costa, he did that in a big way, no chance they will sell him in the middle of the season, at the same time, City won't pay big money for a player that is not eligible to play CL.

not sure we can add to our CL squad anyway. think pellers is thinking the prem as by the time the CL comes back around all our strikers should be back fit.

Mandzukic would be cup tied from the CL anyway in the unlikely event we signed him in January. This is surely a non-starter unless Atletico's debt is getting worse and City received encouragement.

PaskoDrugi summed him up better than I did, he is a hugely underrated striker who would suit us much more than £40m Cavani IMO. If you look at the goals-per-shot stats, Mandzukic may just be the most clinical striker in Europe's top 5 leagues over the past 3 or 4 season (not confirming that, but I'd bet he's a candidate). And if we did go back to 4-4-2, he and Aguero could be a lethal and hard-working combo.

He's just as good as Costa.

LoveCity said:
Mandzukic would be cup tied from the CL anyway in the unlikely event we signed him in January. This is surely a non-starter unless Atletico's debt is getting worse and City received encouragement.

PaskoDrugi summed him up better than I did, he is a hugely underrated striker who would suit us much more than £40m Cavani IMO. If you look at the goals-per-shot stats, Mandzukic may just be the most clinical striker in Europe's top 5 leagues over the past 3 or 4 season (not confirming that, but I'd bet he's a candidate). And if we did go back to 4-4-2, he and Aguero could be a lethal and hard-working combo.

He's just as good as Costa.

Disagree regards Costa but he's a very good player and our team would certainly be better with him in it. The only question would be if Athletico would be willing to deal and considering they are apparently linked with Torres with Cerci going the other way that'd be a huge amount of change in the front line. Can't see them wanting to do that in Jan, too risky.

Would be decent though, if the clubs can negotiate, just can't see them wanting to deal.

sam-caddick said:
City Watch
‏@City_Watch
Cadena COPE in Spain claims tonight that Atletico Madrid have received an offer of £32.8m from City for prolific striker Mario Mandzukic

Think we should ask Big Dave Watson for his thoughts on this first....

sam-caddick said:
City Watch
‏@City_Watch
Cadena COPE in Spain claims tonight that Atletico Madrid have received an offer of £32.8m from City for prolific striker Mario Mandzukic
[bigimg]http://myreactiongifs.com/gifs/nicolascageconfusedemotions.gif[/bigimg]

George Hannah said:
As I recall Atletico's royal supporter, the ex King of Spain Juan Carlos I, was at the Etihad for the Bayern game. Something afoot I reckon. Either Koke or Mandjukic or perhaps an unresolved problem re payment for Martin Petrov.

He was at the spuds game......100%........unless he was also at the bayern game.
I remember posting a pic of him and asking "of all the games,why spuds"?.

Offer shock Manchester City for Mandzukic

While defining the details for the transfer of Fernando Torres from Atletico Madrid Milan here is a story that bounces from our portal Spanish todoatletico.es, Manchester City have offered 42 million euro for striker Mario Mandzukic currently in force to colchoneros.
Offer that if confirmed would be very advantageous for Andrea Berta and men Atletico market especially now that the role of first tip is covered by the return of Torres.

pudge said:
sam-caddick said:
City Watch
‏@City_Watch
[bigimg]http://myreactiongifs.com/gifs/nicolascageconfusedemotions.gif[/bigimg]

What's funny about the fee ? Do you know what we paid for lescott ?

The fee is almost identical to what we paid for Fernandinho who was also 28 I think. Except, January deals can cost more and strikers, especially ones as ruthless as Mandzukic, cost more. Also, it'd take that extra to tempt Atleti into parting with him so soon, assuming this isn't bollox (decent source).

Would be a great signing IMO but does it mean a return to 4-4-2? Mandzukic could easily play the lone role in rotation with Kun, but there's Dzeko and Jovetic to think about.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.