Mangala joins Valencia on a Permanent deal

My two cents...we search for players who we feel will be loyal to us and will buy into the city project so when we get them we have absolutely no right to force them out. I hope that any player that signs here and doesn’t want to be forced out stays and I’ll stand by that even if it might cost us a few points in the table. Loyalty goes both ways.

My two cents...we search for players who we feel will be loyal to us and will buy into the city project so when we get them we have absolutely no right to force them out. I hope that any player that signs here and doesn’t want to be forced out stays and I’ll stand by that even if it might cost us a few points in the table. Loyalty goes both ways.
Or they move here for money and are pretty shit!

Them 'few points in the table' could cost titles.

We should pay up his contract (if we can) and just get shut. Unless there is someone somewhere willing to take him on loan etc was hoping Inter Milan might come round again but that is unlikely.
That's the last thing we should do while he's still recovering from an injury, it would be a ****s trick. Our medical staff should do his rehab, he should train with the first team until he's fit and then revisit the situation in January.

MAybe he would be back to 100% fitness like end of October. It wouldnt be fair to keep him and not register for CL/PL squad and from end of October until January if we sell him he would be blocked to play a single game that has any stake.

Better to loan him and pay some of his salary but not many teams are going to risk a squad place for him in the PL.

Could go to Nice with Vieira but they wont pay more than 20% of his salary maybe.

Youre right of course, worse case scenario is we win it by only 17 points.

Employees see how you treat their peers and judge you on it as well.Sure its the same in football even at PL level.If he gets fit use him for when we play hoof ballers like united.

Or they move here for money and are pretty shit!

Them 'few points in the table' could cost titles.

Then that’s on the club. They offered the deal. I *always* support the players over ownership but that’s just me and more an overall life outlook and not specifically City related. I’m sure it’ll work itself out.

The club has a responsibility to honor it's contracts. Mangala didn't ask us to seek him out, we scouted him, decided he was the right player, negotiated a fee with Porto and negotiated a long and generous contract with him and his agent. I've seen no sign that Mangala hasn't tried to play to the best of his ability, he just isn't good enough. That's on our club and our scouting. That's not on Mangala. Just because it would suit the club for him to go on loan doesn't mean it would suit him. Nowhere in the contract does it say he needs to leave on loan at our request. Th club, as his employer, has a responsiblity to treat him with respect and he has a responsibility to put in his best efforts. He doesn't have a responsibility to go out on loan or be sold to wherever we dictate he goes. He also needs to live with the consequences of his decision though. If he isnt good enough to get gametime but refuses to pursue opportunities elsewhere he may be torching his future prospects and career options. But that is his choice and his consequences to live with.

The club has a responsibility to honor it's contracts. Mangala didn't ask us to seek him out, we scouted him, decided he was the right player, negotiated a fee with Porto and negotiated a long and generous contract with him and his agent. I've seen no sign that Mangala hasn't tried to play to the best of his ability, he just isn't good enough. That's on our club and our scouting. That's not on Mangala. Just because it would suit the club for him to go on loan doesn't mean it would suit him. Nowhere in the contract does it say he needs to leave on loan at our request. Th club, as his employer, has a responsiblity to treat him with respect and he has a responsibility to put in his best efforts. He doesn't have a responsibility to go out on loan or be sold to wherever we dictate he goes. He also needs to live with the consequences of his decision though. If he isnt good enough to get gametime but refuses to pursue opportunities elsewhere he may be torching his future prospects and career options. But that is his choice and his consequences to live with.
Nail on head - good post mate

Well said.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.