Manuel Pellegrini (cont)

Status
Not open for further replies.
Gaylord du Bois said:
There's a theory that if you put 300 Tasmanian Devils in a room with a typewriter each they'll come up with the complete works of Blueinsa and St.Helens Exile

Im not that prolific........5 would do mine.

Gaylord du Bois said:
There's a theory that if you put 300 Tasmanian Devils in a room with a typewriter each they'll come up with the complete works of Blueinsa and St.Helens Exile

I miss SHB and his rants, they are always top drawer. Thought he'd be back by now.

King Geedorah said:
It would have only served to reinforce the point that he's a liability. And consequently he would play like one.
I don't see how you can come to that conclusion, it would have been a free pass in yesterdays game at 3-0, a chance to challenge himself, even if only for 10-15 minutes, it would have given him some idea of how far away he was, he could have been encouraged by his older team mates, a chance to play with Yaya, Lampard, Milner, See how they perform in a match, and not just training, learn something.

johnnytapia said:
Damocles said:
OB1 said:
Another point, I am dubious abut the idea that anyone expects young players to be instantly better than first team reuglars.

I was referring to the logic of "we have to play our best XI every week", which would always exclude youth players.

Horseshit. If the youth player(s) are good enough, they'll get a game. At the moment, and for tor the foreseeable future, a youth player coming through the ranks is a pipedream. Why? Because we have the £ to go and buy the finished article. All this bollocks about Rekik etc, saying they're frustrated at not getting a chance. Tough shit. It makes me laugh when folk start saying "time to give EDS a chance" - no it isn't. Two words that I always think of when folk start begging for the "youth" to get a game: Sergio. Aguero.

We used to give youth a chance: Brightwell, Redmond, White, Lake, Moulden. We lauded them to high heaven. And they won the square root of fuck all. Pellegrini knows what will win matches. The best eleven. Always. And until someone from the youth team demonstrates they're better than the first squad, which they could do in training, behind closed doors, practice matches etc, we won't be risking the chances of trophies. Thankfully.

couldn't agree more.

Quite baffling why anyone would want us to bring on our only fit striker when we are 3-0 up and have 3games in close succession coming up.As has been suggested earlier, Ambrose would have come on should the game have stayed 0-0,but at 3-0 there was no reason whatsoever to risk your only fit striker. I think it was against Bayern where at 2-2 Pozo was preparing to come then Sergio scored and Demi came on instead.

cleavers said:
Rammy Blue said:
I miss SHB and his rants, they are always top drawer. Thought he'd be back by now.
Be careful what you wish for, we've won every single match in his absence, even he wouldn't want to change that stat :)

Good point, well made. Keep the twat banned forever more. :-)

blueinsa said:
cleavers said:
blueinsa said:
This should be bookmarked because the next time he does give an EDS player game time and god forbid we drop points, the same few will be on foaming at the mouth wanting him out for yes, you guessed it, playing a kid.

Its becoming a fucking parody this thread it really is.

Double winner and on course for glory again this season tells me he knows exactly what he is doing thanks very much.
Where has anyone posted that ?

Give over mate.

Just 3 short weeks ago he was painted as a clueless clown who should do the honorable thing by quite a few on here.

This week alone he has supposedly fucked up by playing Pozo and potentially ruining his confidence and now he is bemoaned for not playing Ambrose?

Plays a kid and he is a dick, doesnt play a kid and he is a dick???

The man has earnt our respect and support and given the meltdowns on here whenever we dont win by 10 or drop a point, he has every right to play what he thinks is his strongest side and the last 8 games have vindicated his decisions. Our league position vindicates it and our qualification to the last 16 of the CL vindicates it.

The problem is that you've grouped everybody's opinion on the forum into one collective whole.

I've never called him a dick and as most will attest, I've been a consistent supporter of Pellegrini. I even put in my post that I don't think he's a bad manager and I don't think he won't win trophies - he's just not the manager I currently think the club needs if we're to become that type of Barca/Ajax model of homegrown players. It's amazing how many people can throw their toys out of the pram because I changed from "I like his guy, he is what we need to develop" into "he'll win us stuff but I doubt his ability to guide us longer term". People would think I called their Mum a slag, said their kids were ugly and their dog is gay.

This also isn't something that was formed from a one off incident, again as I've mentioned on three separate occasions now in the last few pages, but a bunch of incidents that half way into his contract I think he can now be judged upon. Some people don't agree and with one or two good exceptions like OB1 and the like, I don't really give a shit because they aren't arguing the point and are instead being bellends.

I've yet to see anybody come up with examples of him using the Academy lads well and the only ones that springs to my mind is Huws at Blackburn which was a decent sub and Lopes against West Ham. Lopes is actually a good indication of what I'm talking about. In his first start for City against a West Ham team who were 6-0 down on aggregate, he started the match, set up two goals and got Man of the Match - a great performance by the young lad and an introduction to the world of sorts. He then started a FA Cup game against Watford a few days later, didn't have a great game/was subbed off for a returning Jovetic and has never played a single minute for City's first team since then. He was on the bench numerous times in the 20 games between that moment and the end of the season though was replaced by another long term City prospect, Jack Rodwell for the last 10 or so who had no impact on any game at all. Then we sent him out on loan to France for a year.

With a squad of Silva, Nasri, Milner and Navas - and constant rumours of us chasing more of those types of players, where exactly is he coming back to? He's played his games. He's made his mark in the first team squad, had one bad game and was dropped. He's done his loan period. Are we going to stick him back with Vieira's lot after a year of first team football in a top league and potentially tell a Barker or Dilrosun that they aren't going to be playing much any more? Are we going to sell Navas, Silva, Nasri, or Milner (presuming he signs again) AND refrain from buying anybody else to give him a spot? Or we will yet again try to push back the decision one more year yet again and hope he doesn't get his head turned by others?

Let me stress this again for those hard of reading, I have no other real problems with Pellegrini but this IS part of his job description now and ignoring it or hiding behind the rubbish excuse of "they need to be better than the first team" isn't helpful. For those who want to know about why it's part of his job description then pretty much any speech or statement made about City by Soriano or Khaldoon over the last 2 years will tell you as much, and I linked articles earlier where Pellegrini said the same thing.

There are several "prongs" if you like to what Pellegrini is doing and whilst trophies are an important one, we have made this extremely clear in the past that they alone are not enough. I honestly don't know how some of our fans haven't picked up on this.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.