Manuel Pellegrini (cont)

Status
Not open for further replies.
Damocles said:
bluebrickroad said:
If my memory serves me correctly, I remember a long post by Damo prior to the signing of Mario, telling us all what a fantastic signing he would be and how much we would appreciate and love him.

Damo, sadly you come across as yet another "keyboard warrior".

Grow up young man and think before you type.

With age also comes sense and knowledge.

Good luck and keep up with your homework.

Seasons greetings.

Young man?

I'm in my 30s you patronising c**t. Why don't you try argue the point next time instead of being a dick about it?

Ha ha! He's got you Damocles. Ban him.

Damocles said:
OB1 said:
Another point, I am dubious abut the idea that anyone expects young players to be instantly better than first team reuglars.

I was referring to the logic of "we have to play our best XI every week", which would always exclude youth players.

And that's what I am also referring to: we do not play our best XI every week so there should be room to give some game time to young players but the manager has to believe that they are good enough and ready enough for the task he is going to hand them.

The fact is that the bar has now been set high at City and it won't be easy for young players to break into the team. I like the look of Lopes, for instance, but I can see no justification for playing him regularly rather than either of Nasri and Silva. Also, I have seen nothing from him that makes me think he will ever be as good as either of those two but I hope that will change. At the moment, I think the best place for him is out on loan.

Damocles said:
bluebrickroad said:
If my memory serves me correctly, I remember a long post by Damo prior to the signing of Mario, telling us all what a fantastic signing he would be and how much we would appreciate and love him.

Damo, sadly you come across as yet another "keyboard warrior".

Grow up young man and think before you type.

With age also comes sense and knowledge.

Good luck and keep up with your homework.

Seasons greetings.

Young man?

I'm in my 30s you patronising c**t. Why don't you try argue the point next time instead of being a dick about it?

Kwilliams.jpg

It was a passionate plea from Damocles but it doesn't belong in the real world. The youth sides at Ajax that produced the Kluivert's and his contempories and the Barca youth side of a few years ago and the Old Trafford class of whatever year it was are rare events. We have a recent history of producing decent standard Championship, Premiership and International players (we all know who they are) but now our playing standards are on a completely different level so the bar has been raised incredibly high. The new campus may address this over the coming years but I very much doubt it.

The example of Rekik that was used was very well put; but again in the real world it's timing that matters. I haven't seen the Forum in uproar once over the issue that we managed to get our hands on an extremely talented young centre back - we then play him out of position and let him go to a rival and a couple of years later he has a "Man of The Match" Award in the World Cup Final on his CV. If Rekik goes and in two years time when Vinny has turned Thirty he's the best around then we bite the bullet and pay the cash and try to fetch him back. Bad economics but the timing was wrong. If Real ever managed to get their dirty hands on Kun then Daniel Sturridge would be considered by some as a potential replacement. Tough shit Mr Soriano get your hand in your pocket.

I am a City fan. I really don't want to hear stuff about creating dynasties and building legacies I just want us to keep winning trophies or even being in the mix for trophies. To steal a term from a neighbour; the "Philosophy" of "Holistic" or of giving youth a chance well it comes a distant (I can't say second because it's much further back than that) to winning trophy's.

If I have a choice of seeing City win one (just one more) trophy and the price I pay is a completely disasterous youth policy where no kid ever gets a sniff then the kids can make a living in the Championship or at Celtic. To place the blame for the realities of Football on Mr P that for some of us don't matter when push really comes to shove I thought was disrespectful and churlish.

OB1 said:
Another point, I am dubious abut the idea that anyone expects young players to be instantly better than first team reuglars. We don't play our best XI players week in week out. Equally, we didn't pitch Manga into the side instantly: he worked in training on getting used to how we play before making his debut. His form has been a bit up and down and I am pretty sure there have been times he could have been left out in favour of MDM but Pellegrini has used him anyway.
He may not be a youth player but he is a young player who has to prove his worth to the team and the principle is no different.

We have invested heavily on such players and while form and injuries always come into play of course there is pressure on any manager and we are no different to ensure these expensive players get the best opportunity to succeed often of course at the expense of academy players.

You have to be an exceptional talent to get into a City line up at the age of 18 etc and quite frankly we probably don't have anybody currently at the club or on the horizon that fits the bill.

At least Pozo and Ambrose have been selected and Pozo got 65 odd minutes of action.

When you are playing for a title you can't go holistic if that's the term you want to use to satisfy some sort of ideology.

Jose won't be bringing in youngsters unless he is forced to and we are no different.

As one reason after another for getting rid gets rammed down their throats, sure as eggs are eggs they come up with something else to have a go at him for pmsl.

Im almost certain this thread has a few journo hacks on it constantly masquerading as blues.....certain!

I don't agree with some of what Damo posted above, but I do think the young lad should have got on once we were 3-0 up. I understand that because Sinclair is to be sold, other managers need to know he's fit and available, but can't we just send them all an email ? It made no sense to me at all to give him game time, that's not to knock the lad, he's not for us, and hopefully for him, he'll have a new club in the next month or so, he deserves that, buying him was a mistake, one I'm sure he regrets agreeing to.

I wasn't so bothered about the Lampard sub, as he was just being used to rest an important player, and Fernando, it was good to see a little more of the Fernando, Fernandhino, Yaya trio, as we have a couple of games coming up where we need to play them all.

Anyway back to why young Ambrose should have been brought on imho, even if he was only there to take up a spare seat on the bench, with 10+ minutes to go, and 3-0 up, there can be no better time to bring a 17 year old on, the boost that would give him personally (and others hoping for the same chance) would be huge, even if he contributed little. It would have been a free pass for the lad, a can't fail. So on that I was disappointed that he didn't get on too, but I do disagree with Damo that it means that MP won't give youth a chance, none of us know why he didn't but there could be other factors none of us were aware of from coaching and fitness points of view.

This should be bookmarked because the next time he does give an EDS player game time and god forbid we drop points, the same few will be on foaming at the mouth wanting him out for yes, you guessed it, playing a kid.

Its becoming a fucking parody this thread it really is.

Double winner and on course for glory again this season tells me he knows exactly what he is doing thanks very much.

blueinsa said:
This should be bookmarked because the next time he does give an EDS player game time and god forbid we drop points, the same few will be on foaming at the mouth wanting him out for yes, you guessed it, playing a kid.

Double winner and on course for glory again this season tells me he knows exactly what he is doing thanks very much.
Where has anyone posted that ?

cleavers said:
blueinsa said:

Where has anyone posted that ?

Give over mate.

Just 3 short weeks ago he was painted as a clueless clown who should do the honorable thing by quite a few on here.

This week alone he has supposedly fucked up by playing Pozo and potentially ruining his confidence and now he is bemoaned for not playing Ambrose?

Plays a kid and he is a dick, doesnt play a kid and he is a dick???

The man has earnt our respect and support and given the meltdowns on here whenever we dont win by 10 or drop a point, he has every right to play what he thinks is his strongest side and the last 8 games have vindicated his decisions. Our league position vindicates it and our qualification to the last 16 of the CL vindicates it.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.