Manuel Pellegrini (cont)

Status
Not open for further replies.
mancity1 said:
Mister Appointment said:
mancity1 said:
My view on MP is that he is a good manager perhaps a very good manager but I don't think he will be with us long enough to see our best tilt at a Chumps League which is our next point of call as such.

Stability is what he has provided despite what I would regard it a stuttering season for what he regards as the best squad in the premiership to date.

I am more than happy with what he has done for us to date and should he move on at the end of the season which I know you believe cannot and will not happen he goes with my greatest appreciation.

I think for him to move this summer it'd have to be because Pep (or Klopp) have become available and the club want them. Otherwise nothing will stop him at the minimum seeing out the last 12 months of his contract.

On the CL, we're still in it this season. Anything can happen! :)

Anything can happen but I think we are still a bit shy of beating Barca over two legs.

As for a managerial change in the summer I am not sure it would have to be Pep or Klopp or bust.

2-3 year cycles are not necessarily the disaster some make out they are so long as the change is right for the club at the time.

Sometimes a season is all that is required again as long the replacement is best for the club at the time.

It would definitely have to be Pep or Klopp, otherwise the club would have to take the kind of shit they aren't prepared to take again for sacking a manager. The reality will then be that the characterisation of the club will be "win a trophy or get sacked" which isn't the case and isn't the way that AD want the managerial situation to be characterised.

Pep and Klopp are both appointments which transcend the current incumbent and both have the force of personality to ensure that coming to the club would be viewed as a long term appointment and positive rather than a knee jerk negative one.

George Hannah said:
Didsbury Dave said:
George Hannah said:
I'm thinking it was Marwood trying to please Soriano at that stage, your chronology needs some work.

Aaaaahhh. It was Big Bad Brian. Our very own Machevellian Bond Villian, pulling the strings and stitching up The Sheikh.

And he would have got away with it if it wasn't for you meddling kids.
Senior Executive with Special Responsibility for St Mirren Relations these days I believe. How far the Mighty Marwood's needlework has got him.

Acadamy Director, no less, on half a mill of The Sheikh's Big Ones a year.

He was pictured at the new campus with Vicky Kloss and Chappy last week sacrificing Italian babies and invoking dark magic to ensure that their dastardly plot remains safe.

the-shakespeare-code4.jpg

He'll be worried that you're into him, George. He'll be sticking pins into a effegy of you when he reads this thread.

Didsbury Dave said:
George Hannah said:
Didsbury Dave said:
Aaaaahhh. It was Big Bad Brian. Our very own Machevellian Bond Villian, pulling the strings and stitching up The Sheikh.

And he would have got away with it if it wasn't for you meddling kids.
Senior Executive with Special Responsibility for St Mirren Relations these days I believe. How far the Mighty Marwood's needlework has got him.

Acadamy Director, no less, on half a mill of The Sheikh's Big Ones a year.

He was pictured at the new campus with Vicky Kloss and Chappy last week sacrificing Italian babies and invoking dark magic to ensure that their dastardly plot remains safe.

the-shakespeare-code4.jpg

He'll be worried that you're into him, George. He'll be sticking pins into a effegy of you when he reads this thread.
I think you'll find it's French babies and their spells were cast against Paddy Vieira. Fortunately they don't seem to be working.

cleavers said:
JoeMercer'sWay said:
cleavers said:
True, but f**k knows why, Manchester has everything London has, and its all local, unlike London.

it doesn't really.
We'll have to differ then, but I've lived within 30 miles of London for the last 25 years, its certainly nothing special.

Manchester may not have the quantity of places that London has, but London doesn't really have anything that Manchester doesn't have, other than a queen, and London doesn't have Manchester City.

I am approaching 25 years living in the Thames Valley, so a bit further out of London than you but close enough make use of the capital's facilities when required, and I also lived in London for 18 months back in the 80's. I love Manchester and it is a great City to me but London does have more of a great many things to offer than most Cities in the world; including Manchester. However, it is bloody crowded and often a pain to travel around if you like to drive.

Living in, say, Cheshire is not exactly a hardship if you are a highly paid footballer and, if you want to sample London's offerings, you can get the train or plane and be there quickly.

This subject comes up often enough and I always say that if a player is more concerned with living in London than playing in Manchester, he has quite possibly got his priorities wrong and does not have the right mentatlity for what City require.

As soon as any potential signing made noises about wanting London we should send him on his way.

We want footballers, not fucking socialites and shoppers.

Mister Appointment said:
mancity1 said:
My view on MP is that he is a good manager perhaps a very good manager but I don't think he will be with us long enough to see our best tilt at a Chumps League which is our next point of call as such.

Stability is what he has provided despite what I would regard it a stuttering season for what he regards as the best squad in the premiership to date.

I am more than happy with what he has done for us to date and should he move on at the end of the season which I know you believe cannot and will not happen he goes with my greatest appreciation.

I think for him to move this summer it'd have to be because Pep (or Klopp) have become available and the club want them. Otherwise nothing will stop him at the minimum seeing out the last 12 months of his contract.

On the CL, we're still in it this season. Anything can happen! :)

Very unlikely to be available but I would probably add Ancelotti to that list but beyond that I cannot see an early termination of MP's contract. As I have said on another thread, if Pep became available, I would ditch Pellers should Pep want the City job.

blueinsa said:
As soon as any potential signing made noises about wanting London we should send him on his way.

This was the rumour going about that swayed Alexis to London and apparently Fabregas was more keen on London too.

Any decent man would be having none of it and putting his career first.

J_Bow said:
blueinsa said:

This was the rumour going about that swayed Alexis to London and apparently Fabregas was more keen on London too.

Perhaps they thought those moves were best for their careers.

KnaresboroughBlue said:
J_Bow said:
blueinsa said:

0mSmcJD.gif

KnaresboroughBlue said:
J_Bow said:
blueinsa said:

and if west ham came knocking? suddenely london isn't such a draw. footballers want it all. money, shopping, trophies.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.