Manuel Pellegrini (cont)

Status
Not open for further replies.
cleavers said:
OB1 said:
I think we need to get the combination of Yaya, Silva, Nasri and Aguero together a.s.a.p. with Yaya or Silva playing off Aguero (Dzeko and Jovetic are just too shit to mention at the moment),
One other thing we need to do, and I hope its the major focus between now and Saturday evening, is start doing basic stuff correctly, you know stuff like defending, marking, passing, shooting, crossing, none of which were remotely good enough last night from the 3rd minute onwards, or against Newcastle.

There are times when you have to go back to basics and I think this is one of those times. It's why I think we need to look at a 4-2-3-1 formation, focus on keeping the ball and keeping clean sheets. Build some results and confidence and then think about going back to 4-2-2-2.

OB1 said:
cleavers said:
OB1 said:
I think we need to get the combination of Yaya, Silva, Nasri and Aguero together a.s.a.p. with Yaya or Silva playing off Aguero (Dzeko and Jovetic are just too shit to mention at the moment),
One other thing we need to do, and I hope its the major focus between now and Saturday evening, is start doing basic stuff correctly, you know stuff like defending, marking, passing, shooting, crossing, none of which were remotely good enough last night from the 3rd minute onwards, or against Newcastle.

There are times when you have to go back to basics and I think this is one of those times. It's why I think we need to look at a 4-2-3-1 formation, focus on keeping the ball and keeping clean sheets. Build some results and confidence and then think about going back to 4-2-2-2.

With Silva out I'd struggle to pick an XI playing 4231. Swap Jovetic out for Nasri for the game at QPR. Not many other choices we can make.

Posted this in Pace but guess is might be ok in here too? Last season. Shifting the ball quicker with a confident and in form Fernandinho is key.

Ok did some quick stats on this.

Fernandinho p28 w 22 d 3 l 3 scored 85 ( 3.03 avg ) conceded 31 ( 1.10 avg) avg points 2.46

Fernandinho doesnt play. p9 w 5 d 2 L 2 Scored 14 ( Avg 1.44 ) conceded 5 ( avg 0.66 ) avg points 1.88

So I know he played mostly last season but this proves when he plays we don't score enough goals but the defence is still decent ( 1.10 per game )

Manuel dropped him ( rightly so I guess you have to say ) a few games before the end of the season to sure up defence but at the expense of us scoring goals which is proved in this stat.

chris85mcfc said:
So what conclusion have we drawn from todays posts in this thread?

Lack of confidence
Lack of quality
Poor management
Poor attitude
Poor form
Lack of hunger and desire

I find it worrying that we couldn't turn up in a must win game at home against a second rate side

Are you talking about the team or the fans here? The team performance seems to match the fan performance in the stadium quite well. I think that before slagging off the players the fans ought to do everything they can to help the team. The negativity amongst fans does not do much good IMHO.

Jazzman said:
chris85mcfc said:

Lack of confidence
Lack of quality
Poor management
Poor attitude
Poor form

I find it worrying that we couldn't turn up in a must win game at home against a second rate side

Are you talking about the team or the fans here? The team performance seems to match the fan performance in the stadium quite well. I think that before slagging off the players the fans ought to do everything they can to help the team. The negativity amongst fans does not do much good IMHO.

Thanks Jazzman, whats the weather like in Munich?

Stephenhakin said:
Posted this in Pace but guess is might be ok in here too? Last season. Shifting the ball quicker with a confident and in form Fernandinho is key.

Fernandinho p28 w 22 d 3 l 3 scored 85 ( 3.03 avg ) conceded 31 ( 1.10 avg) avg points 2.46

Fernandinho doesnt play. p9 w 5 d 2 L 2 Scored 14 ( Avg 1.44 ) conceded 5 ( avg 0.66 ) avg points 1.88

So I know he played mostly last season but this proves when he plays we don't score enough goals but the defence is still decent ( 1.10 per game )

Manuel dropped him ( rightly so I guess you have to say ) a few games before the end of the season to sure up defence but at the expense of us scoring goals which is proved in this stat.
Interesting stats, his form hasn't been great since (or in) the WC, but there is definitely more energy in the team when he plays, as there was last night when he came on, though he's often a daft card waiting to happen, and last night he accumulated 2, which is particularly stupid.

Jazzman said:
chris85mcfc said:

Lack of confidence
Lack of quality
Poor management
Poor attitude
Poor form

It's a chicken & egg situation.
The players feed off the fans and the fans feed off the players.
You could feel the breath collectively seep out of the supporters when we conceded in the second minute last night due to some very poor defending.
The crowd recently has been on edge & nervous at a lot of home games so this contributes to the negativity of the players sometimes.
I think the crowd overall did pretty well last night all in all. But if they all put a real shift in for a full 90 minutes the crowd would be a lot more responsive and supportive.

No plan A, let alone a plan B.

He doesnt have a formation we can stick to at the moment, he loves his 442 but we only have one natural winger, a two man centre midfield who can't defend or move the ball forward with/as a team. This formation also leaves us with a 25 yard hole in the final third between midfield and our strikers. Our defence still looks a shambles and we have no urgency or desire in most games whatsoever.

cleavers said:
Stephenhakin said:

Interesting stats, his form hasn't been great since (or in) the WC, but there is definitely more energy in the team when he plays, as there was last night when he came on, though he's often a daft card waiting to happen, and last night he accumulated 2, which is particularly stupid.

Yes I agree. I think the hammering he took against Germany has affected him. He is half the player we first saw. Maybe some extended leave after the world cup would have been better seeing as he hasnt figured much ( starting wise). I forgot to add that we scored at least 2 in those games he played barring Southampton and Chelsea away. Whereas in the 9 he didnt play we failed to score in 4 which didnt happen once when he played. Maybe a coincidence.

chris85mcfc said:
Jazzman said:
chris85mcfc said:

Lack of confidence
Lack of quality
Poor management
Poor attitude
Poor form

Thanks Jazzman, whats the weather like in Munich?
It is about as miserable as my mood. I know it is tabu for an armchair fan to make comments like I did. It is just that I think that fan negativity contributes to our situation in a negative way.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.