Manuel Pellegrini (cont)

Status
Not open for further replies.
Prestwich_Blue said:
Kevindxb said:
cleavers said:
My "ego" ? great reply, you haven't the first clue about me, so I suggest you don't talk shit.

No offence intended. No need to use that language.
If you've got a legitimate point to make then feel free to make it. If you just want to wind up other posters, however then don't complain if they hit back. Now play nicely kiddies.

No one is talking to you, muppet.

Prestwich_Blue said:
Kevindxb said:
cleavers said:
My "ego" ? great reply, you haven't the first clue about me, so I suggest you don't talk shit.

If you've got a legitimate point to make then feel free to make it. If you just want to wind up other posters, however then don't complain if they hit back. Now play nicely kiddies.

You going to ban a mod? ;-)

Hope not, when he talking more sense than most.

sh249 said:
TGR said:
supercity88 said:
Give over! Sam Allardyce and CSKA's manager?! We were poor in our games against them. They didn't out do us tactically in any way! We beat Fat Sam comfortably home and away last season. Had our players actually performed we would have won our games this season against West Ham and CSKA. The tactics haven't been perfect, I agree that the 4-4-2 isn't working this season. But we've played against far better teams with far more astute managers this season and they've not seemed to outsmart us or understand the way we play.

Even Mark Hughes in his post match interview said they came to the Etihad 'with a plan and a specific way to play' against us...
It worked from the kick off and he went home with 3 points tucked away in his back pocket.
The manager has been sussed out. The reason a lot on here are so frustrated is that even when he knows he been sussed out he doesn't even appear to attempt to change things. Its either stubbornness or stupidity (or maybe a mixture of both!)
Yet strange how Mourinho, arguably just about as sharp as anyone on the planet tactically, couldn't 'suss us out' when we played that way and just about scraped an undeserved draw?
Hughes and Allardyce did nothing unusual (defending with 10 men or pressing us high up the pitch), we were just well below par both times.

So where is the problem? The players?

Kevindxb said:
Prestwich_Blue said:
Kevindxb said:

No one is talking to you, muppet.

Bye, bye.

SiMCFC said:
As I said last night on the match thread, say we get Guardiola in next season and yet again fluff our lines in Europe, is he a shit manager as well then? The blame for a lot of this is down to certain players and always has been, a dangerous precedent was set when the club allowed players to remove a manager in my opinion.

And for that you can blame the barca boys.

A cancer on our club. Fifth columnists who will fuck off back to Catalonia just as soon as they've properly derailed the project long term.

Cunts.

cleavers said:
Mister Appointment said:
strongbowholic said:
He needs to find the answers pdq.

He may be an engineer but he is currently the architect of our downfall.

Absolutely. Managers must always take ultimate responsibility as they are the front men of their teams.

However, and this is where some of us need a reality check, you either get Klopp or Pep or you leave Manuel alone for another season to get on with the job. There is zero chance of him being fired for another 'maybe' manager.
So for all those advocating change of manager, here we have it, the choice is "no chance" or "no better". Pep isn't leaving Bayern anytime soon, and while if we approached Klopp and Dortmund with the right offer, both might jump, but Klopp is currently below the following teams in the Bundesliga.

TSG 1899 Hoffenheim
Bayer Leverkusen
Hannover 96
SC Paderborn 07
Schalke
1. FSV Mainz 05
FC Augsburg
1. FC Köln
Eintracht Frankfurt
Hertha BSC
Hamburger SV
VfB Stuttgart
Sport-Club Freiburg

With 7 points from 10 games

OK 12 from 4 in the CL, but many are boycotting this competition now, so surely don't care anyway.

The answer lies within I'm afraid, 3 defeats from 4 games is simply not good enough, nor are performances like last night, and Newcastle, but we have a management structure that has 2 1/2 days to work out what the fuck is wrong, and put it right. I'd like to think they're meeting right now to do just that, I'll very very surprised if the word "sack" is involved in that meeting.

Last night had nothing to do with formations, he tried about 4, with fuck all difference, the best being the 332 in the last 10 minutes, when we actually had a go, is anyone advocating that we start with 9 on Saturday ?, no thought not. Nor was it to do with rotation, same team that beat united nervously, but easily on Sunday.

Both are big themes in this thread, so nothing to do with formations or rotation, and all to do with players not being capable of doing the simple things, concentrating early on, marking professionally on corners, clearing your lines up the pitch not across it, not diving into tackles you can't win, missing chances you should take, and becoming silly twats because you don't know how to lose, ALL these are player faults !

I like this post.

TGR said:
Is it me or do posts keep miraculously keep disappearing of this thread?

It's been a very interesting day - that it has! ;-)
Its definitely you, I've just checked the moderator log, and the last post deleted from this thread was at 11:06 today, and it was deleted by the person that posted it. None previous to that in 24 hours.

So stop WUMming.

supercity88 said:
I think people are reading too much into his comments. Rather than slate the players publicly or reveal the in depth details of what the issues are he gives a broad and sweeping statement suggesting we just aren't playing to our capability in Europe and he doesn't know why. Are people really still harping on about the issue being 4-4-2 instead of 4-2-3-1? We've shown against more than enough sides that when playing well the 4-4-2 works. We didn't play that way against Bayern but our side should beat Roma and CSKA. They aren't better than the majority of prem teams in which that system works. We have been poor and the manager needs to sort the players out and try to address their confidence. We can see how we get on without Yaya against Bayern and we might have to change things up with different personnel. When we had injuries etc last season he changed the system but our best football has been with the 4-4-2.

I think we need to alter from it because it's just not clicked this season. Negredo and Aguero were brilliant together. Jovetic and Aguero is a new partnership but hasn't looked particularly good and Dzeko and Aguero can be hit and miss. Have we made the same mistakes as last time we had won the league? Failing to move forward? Negredo's 20 odd goals were such a crucial part of things last season. Aguero has never been prolific in Europe and neither has Dzeko yet Negredo scored plenty. Instead we have three strikers of which two play in each game. It doesn't leave much on the bench to change things. Particularly when Navas is already on the pitch and Silva is injured.

We shouldn't be in a position like this where we look so disjointed. I keep expecting for things to pick up but I too am worried that they haven't. I keep my faith in Pellegrini because he got things right last season and he has the experience with this squad to turn things around. We are in a position where we really need Lampard back because he seemed to make things tick! And Silva's return is desperate. This is the biggest test Pellegrini has faced in his time here, yet through luck or otherwise we are still in a strong position. Three points this weekend and Liverpool doing us a favour is a start. Can we beat Bayern and Roma?! Who knows but we are still in it and whilst that is the case then we can't be too down in the dumps.

And I like this post.

I think we need to get the combination of Yaya, Silva, Nasri and Aguero together a.s.a.p. with Yaya or Silva playing off Aguero (Dzeko and Jovetic are just too shit to mention at the moment),

Status
Not open for further replies.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.