Manuel Pellegrini (cont)

Status
Not open for further replies.
Mister Appointment said:
St Helens Blue (Exiled) said:
Mister Appointment said:
Maybe pigs will also fly.

I'll take your bet St Helens. Pellegrini will still be manager next season. Nailed on. Whatever you want the stakes to be, name them as I can't lose ;)
£10.. I dont like to bet big..To charity?

Perfect. Lets keep it clean until then. I know you wouldn't wish a manager out without good reason and if you want pellegrini gone that's your business. But it's still very early in the season. Way too early to be talking about drafting in Kidd and Viera. We all get frustrated after a poor result, and I'm no Pellegrini apologist. I've got no emotional attachment to him whatsoever. He may well be a very nice guy but if he can't find a way around the problems he keeps coming up against he'll have to go. That's the standard we have to have. But IMO we're a long way from there yet.

First we see what this weekend throws up. Chelsea go to Anfield and we go to QPR. The manager's got some decisions to make with regards selection, and the players have got some balls to show.
I really don't want to rake up old shit but it needs to be said, 2/3 months into the season after mancini won us the title there were mancini out threads, we were still unbeaten in the league at the time too.........Imo we are actually worse atm than back then at this stage under pellers

I'm not saying he has to go but if folk want to discuss it they should be allowed...

The cookie monster said:
Mister Appointment said:

Perfect. Lets keep it clean until then. I know you wouldn't wish a manager out without good reason and if you want pellegrini gone that's your business. But it's still very early in the season. Way too early to be talking about drafting in Kidd and Viera. We all get frustrated after a poor result, and I'm no Pellegrini apologist. I've got no emotional attachment to him whatsoever. He may well be a very nice guy but if he can't find a way around the problems he keeps coming up against he'll have to go. That's the standard we have to have. But IMO we're a long way from there yet.

First we see what this weekend throws up. Chelsea go to Anfield and we go to QPR. The manager's got some decisions to make with regards selection, and the players have got some balls to show.
I really don't want to rake up old shit but it needs to be said, 2/3 months into the season after mancini won us the title there were mancini out threads, we were still unbeaten in the league at the time too.........Imo we are actually worse atm than back then at this stage under pellers

I'm not saying he has to go but if folk want to discuss it they should be allowed...

I'm not bothered about Mancini, that was a long time ago. I'm talking about this time last season. History repeating itself. Chelsea drop points, we win, and the complexion in the league changes completely. I'm pretty sure most of the people in this thread think the league's more important than the CL. The title is still in our sights.

OB1 said:
Mister Appointment said:
OB1 said:
Back four
Fern, Fern
Nas, Yaya, Milner
Aguero

I just don't see Pellegrini picking the three big men together. If he does and it works though there'll be one or two posters throwing champagne parties and starting various "I told you so" threads! :)

I don't think he is very likely to either but it's what I think he should do at the moment.

Agreed. I keep contemplating our options, and thinking to myself "is that all we've got?", like I've forgotten someone! I would certainly go with Nasri over Jovetic, as I don't rate the latter one iota. Like you though, I don't think Pellegrini will, and ultimately I think that stubbornness is gonna cost us all. We're so reliant on Aguero and Silva at the moment, it's unbelievable, and despite our pressing concerns in midfield, another forward's a must for me in January. Give me a buzz if you're going on Saturday by the way

uwe rosler 28 said:
Mister Appointment said:

For me he only has to improve our European form the prem is not bad at all unfortunately for him its Europe our owners want to conquer and if a big name manager with top European pedigree is available come the summer ie ancelotti or guardiola then pellers is a gonna no matter what he wins this season! All we can do is just give him our support till that decision is made!
Our League form is good.

But this result threatens to undermine everything and the next game is on Saturday. Zero recovery time, and the CSKA Moscow manager said
"
Obviously City had a very important match against Manchester United at the weekend and they probably didn’t have time to recover. We had an extra day and that probably had some impact on the match.”

At the start of the season everyone's main aim was to defend our title

That is still possible. Back to back titles would be a huge achievement for the club, and we can still do it.

It's important we get beyond Saturday intact otherwise it will be open season on City.

Marvin said:
uwe rosler 28 said:
Mister Appointment said:

For me he only has to improve our European form the prem is not bad at all unfortunately for him its Europe our owners want to conquer and if a big name manager with top European pedigree is available come the summer ie ancelotti or guardiola then pellers is a gonna no matter what he wins this season! All we can do is just give him our support till that decision is made!
Our League form is good.

But this result threatens to undermine everything and the next game is on Saturday. Zero recovery time, and the CSKA Moscow manager said
"
Obviously City had a very important match against Manchester United at the weekend and they probably didn’t have time to recover. We had an extra day and that probably had some impact on the match.”

At the start of the season everyone's main aim was to defend our title

That is still possible. Back to back titles would be a huge achievement for the club, and we can still do it.

It's important we get beyond Saturday intact otherwise it will be open season on City.
Our results and league table position are good but our form is poor. David Silva has been excellent and Kun and Milner very good too, but those three aside I think we've put in half an hour against Chelsea where we've looked anything like what we can in our whole season so far. The rest of the time I don't think we've really played well once.

The cookie monster said:
Mister Appointment said:

Exactly and the loudest calls for him to go were from the same people who now say it's too early to judge.

OB1 said:
Back four
Fern, Fern
Nas, Yaya, Milner
Aguero

That'd do for me. I'd have Yaya in a mid 3 see with the Ferna twins but thats just being pedantic as he'd play much the same role as an attacking midfielder. For me I'd have fernando as the sitter, and Yaya/Dinho taking it in turns for one to move forward and one the hang back a bit more.

KnaresboroughBlue said:
The cookie monster said:
Mister Appointment said:

Exactly and the loudest calls for him to go were from the same people who now say it's too early to judge.

Didn't take the Mancini inners long to get their cocks out I see. Seriously though, is there a point to that post, unless you think his position was tenable in the long term?

I've just written an article which I feel speaks volumes about Manuel Pellegrini.

His signings haven't been good enough for Manchester City, his judgement is poor. No matter what was said about Roberto Mancini the Italian always had an eye for a signing.

Exeter Blue I am here said:
KnaresboroughBlue said:
The cookie monster said:

Didn't take the Mancini inners long to get their cocks out I see.........

I didn't want Mancini to go at the time but accepted that he made his position untenable. Don't want Pellegrini to go either at the moment. He's made mistakes but unless we go into fretful, he should be given the season to see if he can sort it out

Just think a few of the posts are a tad ironic.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.