Manuel Pellegrini (cont)

Status
Not open for further replies.
cibaman said:
He will not go now.

He's got credit in the bank from last season

We're not yet out of the PL or CL

There isn't an obvious replacement available

And, most importantly, the people that would have to recommend sacking him are the people that recommended appointing him 18 months ago.
True, but the European campaign creates the conditions for his departure

Hugely damaging result that could echo long beyond Wednesday night, and fast on the heels of the League Cup defeat

We've seen this before in similar circumstances - aftermath of a title win - and the lack of effort and mental focus in both CSKA games tells me it's more down to the mentality of the players. The manager might influence that, but that type of thing comes from within. I'd give serious thought about giving the Captaincy to Zabaleta. You'd never see a John Terry team perform like we have in Europe. We're more talented than most of the teams we play in Europe, but we repeatedly coast these games. It sounds preposterous, but how else can you explain what we have seen time and time again in Europe. It's just total carelessness unless someone has an alternative view?

blue ranger said:
I think it's too early to even think about sacking. His major fuck up was picking our best player silva in the game v Newcastle.

We know that pellers is naive tactically, despite what one or two on here would lead us to believe. But we have to hope last night was the low point and he has learned and that he will have a plan B, particularly when we are in Europe or playing the best teams. It will be interesting to see what team he picks. We know we are in foran aerial bombardment.

Still not sure he has an eye for a player though - only hart, Zabaleta, Kompany, silva, Yaya and Aguero would get anywhere near the top teams in Europe.

Its not so much that he's naive tactically, he just doesnt seem interested in tactics at all.

FantasyIreland said:
cleavers said:
The cookie monster said:
your the first person to bring the term Mancini inners up.
But not the first to bring Mancini up....

Ancient history as far as City are concerned.
The biggest shit stirrer on the forum strikes again.
Ha ha
Your the only person out of 50'000 who's gone on record wanting city to lose
A fuckin parasite to our club you are

cibaman said:
blue ranger said:
I think it's too early to even think about sacking. His major fuck up was picking our best player silva in the game v Newcastle.

We know that pellers is naive tactically, despite what one or two on here would lead us to believe. But we have to hope last night was the low point and he has learned and that he will have a plan B, particularly when we are in Europe or playing the best teams. It will be interesting to see what team he picks. We know we are in foran aerial bombardment.

Still not sure he has an eye for a player though - only hart, Zabaleta, Kompany, silva, Yaya and Aguero would get anywhere near the top teams in Europe.

Its not so much that he's naive tactically, he just doesnt seem interested in tactics at all.
I think he believes that City have really good players and should be able to impose their football on the opposition

You don't need to be overly clever to beat CSKA. You just need to be focused defensively, and to move the ball quickly. The two things we did not do.

The capitulation at Moscow was not tactical.

Blame for both situations lies with the players.

Marvin said:
cibaman said:
He will not go now.

And, most importantly, the people that would have to recommend sacking him are the people that recommended appointing him 18 months ago.

Hugely damaging result that could echo long beyond Wednesday night, and fast on the heels of the League Cup defeat

We've seen this before in similar circumstances - aftermath of a title win - and the lack of effort and mental focus in both CSKA games tells me it's more down to the mentality of the players. The manager might influence that, but that type of thing comes from within. I'd give serious thought about giving the Captaincy to Zabaleta. You'd never see a John Terry team perform like we have in Europe. We're more talented than most of the teams we play in Europe, but we repeatedly coast these games. It sounds preposterous, but how else can you explain what we have seen time and time again in Europe. It's just total carelessness unless someone has an alternative view?

Yes but Zabaleta was shite last night too

blue ranger said:
Marvin said:
cibaman said:
He will not go now.

Yes but Zabaleta was shite last night too
You might be right. You don't need to be the Captain to lead by example and influence others. And he's almost an ever-present so making his Captain might not change anything

I'm just trying to think of ways of ensuring that City up their focus on games. There are a few which seem to pass us by with little effort eg Newcastle League Cup and CSKA x 2

Status
Not open for further replies.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.