Manuel Pellegrini (cont)

Status
Not open for further replies.
No chance is Pellergrini going .
I after admit today wasn't one of his best days .

leighton said:
The home record under Pellegrini has been a bit iffy. We have lost some games at home which we should never loose and we have dropped points. Dropped points at home this season has cost us the title this season. Thats clear to everyone. 1 more season in charge??? He needs to get his act together. Away from home we are great under him at home its like the players think its a given we turn up and we win. We need to put in the hard graft to do it. I hope we can treat every game as a must win cup final and go out and win every game its a big ask but we have pulled points back before we can do it again.

Yaya and Bony back more players to choose from more options going forward. Time to go and stick with a settled back 4 and settled team baring injuries we should be going all out. Dont let the season goes out with a wimper. I know I wont be shocked to see Pelli being pulled to 1 side at the end of the season and told to move on. But with that it brings a different questions in who we get and at the moment I think Pelli deserves 1 more season in charge but he needs to make huge calls at the end of the season with players. Being loyal to some is costing him he needs to cull some of his ever presents. The signings this season has been IFFY. Fernando and Mangala will improve and Willy well its been a big question mark on all 3.While Lamps has been a good addition but past his prime. The jury will be out but come the end of season there will be a lot of speculation going on from now to the end of the season if results remain the same.

Good balanced post. I agree with every word

Simply put our form over the last month or so will not make us champions. In fact our form this season has been patchy at best. Throw in two dismal cup exits and quite possibly the worst (albeit funniest) CL performance at home to CSKA Moscow and it does not bode well.

The issue has been touched on twice by Pellers. A 'lack of trust' and 'nervousness' were the words he used. The players lack confidence in themselves and/or distrust what they are being asked to do which is breeding slow hesitant play. This is still an immensely talented squad and immensely talented players can influence a football match but if they don't have belief in what they are doing, themselves or the way they are being asked to play they will not produce enough quality performances on a consistent basis to win titles (or it seems cups).

Pellers has to instill that belief.

That aside our comedy defending would undermine anyone's confidence. I remember reading that one complaint was the tedium of training sessions on team shape and defensive drills with and without the ball. Well that 'tedium' did produce a significant benefit and that is we didn't concede a fucking goal every single fucking PL match. You could see that defensive discipline being eroded last season and right now it is practically non existent.

I really do not see the benefit of a porous set up that encourages you to leak goals. It looks even worse if you are not exactly banging them in at the other end either. Are we meant to consider this 'attractive football'? If by attractive they mean its bleeding hilarious to see grown men colliding with each other and falling on their collective arses then OK I see where you are coming from. Hell just add buckets of water and foam pies and stop calling it a football match and you'll have a winner on your hands.

It bugged me last season and it bugs me this one too. The balance between attack and defence. fluidity and discipline is off and right now it so far off its produced our worst sequence of result since well Mark Hughes I guess. I said after Chelsea I was more optimistic about winning the title provided we carried the same level of performance into the rest of the season. Today, and for too many days this season, we didn't match that level of performance and unless we dramatically improve our performance level it doesn't matter if we are 2, 5 or 7 points adrift because right now this team is winning jack shit.

BobKowalski said:
Simply put our form over the last month or so will not make us champions. In fact our form this season has been patchy at best. Throw in two dismal cup exits and quite possibly the worst (albeit funniest) CL performance at home to CSKA Moscow and it does not bode well.

The issue has been touched on twice by Pellers. A 'lack of trust' and 'nervousness' were the words he used. The players lack confidence in themselves and/or distrust what they are being asked to do which is breeding slow hesitant play. This is still an immensely talented squad and immensely talented players can influence a football match but if they don't have belief in what they are doing, themselves or the way they are being asked to play they will not produce enough quality performances on a consistent basis to win titles (or it seems cups).

Pellers has to instill that belief.

That aside our comedy defending would undermine anyone's confidence. I remember reading that one complaint was the tedium of training sessions on team shape and defensive drills with and without the ball. Well that 'tedium' did produce a significant benefit and that is we didn't concede a fucking goal every single fucking PL match. You could see that defensive discipline being eroded last season and right now it is practically non existent.

I really do not see the benefit of a porous set up that encourages you to leak goals. It looks even worse if you are not exactly banging them in at the other end either. Are we meant to consider this 'attractive football'? If by attractive they mean its bleeding hilarious to see grown men colliding with each other and falling on their collective arses then OK I see where you are coming from. Hell just add buckets of water and foam pies and stop calling it a football match and you'll have a winner on your hands.

It bugged me last season and it bugs me this one too. The balance between attack and defence. fluidity and discipline is off and right now it so far off its produced our worst sequence of result since well Mark Hughes I guess. I said after Chelsea I was more optimistic about winning the title provided we carried the same level of performance into the rest of the season. Today, and for too many days this season, we didn't match that level of performance and unless we dramatically improve our performance level it doesn't matter if we are 2, 5 or 7 points adrift because right now this team is winning jack shit.

It seems incredible that they don't have belief, confidence or 'trust' in what they are doing, doesn't it, considering those players started the season as champions - very strange.

Do you mean one complaint about Mancini? Many of the personnel are the same, and there have been plenty of defence-minded signings brought in since Mancini, and it cant seriously be the case that plenty of defensive work isnt done on the training pitch. That being said, I'd agree all of the back 5, possibly with the exception of Clichy, have taken a dip in form this season, so something is certainly in need of improvement

It's now down to how many points we will finish behind Chelsea. If it ends up the same as 2012-13 then quite rightly he should be sacked.

jimharri said:
baildon blue said:
No chance is Pellergrini going .
I after admit today wasn't one of his best days .
I'll be amazed if he's still here next august if we end up without a trophy (highly likely now).

May depend on who on our very short list is available. If the chosen one(s) not available could you see the club keeping him regardless?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.