Manuel Pellegrini (cont)

Status
Not open for further replies.
Stephenhakin said:
BlueTG said:
Stephenhakin said:
Ok let me put it in simple terms for you. 8 of last seasons double winning side were Mancini signings. 3 were MP. How the fuck can anyone say this isnt still Mancinis squad.
I've already pointed out there were four players. Whom of which, contributed a fair great deal over the course of the two competitions. Then there were Pellegrini's tactics, management and harmony which benefited us. He took us a step further than Mancini in the CL.

But ignoring that, in essence, if you want to go down the line of "ITS BOBS SQUAD" crap, Pellegrini did better with Mancini's own squad than the messiah himself.

Listen. My original post was to look at the transfers we have made. It is not a dig at Manuel or a Manuel v Bobby competition. My main question really is who is responsible for buying players at City because no matter what you or any other sensitive soul tells me most of these signings have been a disaster. Again I am not pointing the finger at Manuel.

200.gif

And so round and round we go like a circle in a spiral, like a wheel within a wheel...

We're having a crappy month. Players out of sorts. Players allowed to run their contracts down (which isn't fucking smart). And big signings (amount unknown but somewhere between £32m and £42m) admitting they have to play better whereas the guy he replaced who is 3 years younger and looked like he was born to the role is shunted out in somewhat mysterious circumstances and OB1 is still making a case for the defence as it atrophies before his very eyes.

But shit happens. It happened under Mancini. It is happening under Pellers and it will happen under the next guy when everyone swaps sides and inners become outers and we get to laud the football being played and celebrate winning stuff and then start to moan when we draw at home to Bournemouth and our play becomes devoid of vision, style and tempo.

I have seen the future and it is indeed blue, albeit with a touch of the blues.

There is a frog in my desk draw and I may have inadvertently licked it.

Stephenhakin said:
BlueTG said:
Stephenhakin said:
Ok let me put it in simple terms for you. 8 of last seasons double winning side were Mancini signings. 3 were MP. How the fuck can anyone say this isnt still Mancinis squad.
I've already pointed out there were four players. Whom of which, contributed a fair great deal over the course of the two competitions. Then there were Pellegrini's tactics, management and harmony which benefited us. He took us a step further than Mancini in the CL.

But ignoring that, in essence, if you want to go down the line of "ITS BOBS SQUAD" crap, Pellegrini did better with Mancini's own squad than the messiah himself.

Listen. My original post was to look at the transfers we have made. It is not a dig at Manuel or a Manuel v Bobby competition. My main question really is who is responsible for buying players at City because no matter what you or any other sensitive soul tells me most of these signings have been a disaster. Again I am not pointing the finger at Manuel.
A disaster is what has happened at Dortmund, title winners and Champions League finalists to relegation battle in 2 years. We've had a blip in form.

As for the signings, our best run of form this season came when a combination of Aguero, Kompany, Silva, Nasri and Dzeko were out injured. This meant that the players you have labelled as disastrous signings, i.e. Mangala, Navas, Jovetic, along with some other recent signings; Demichelis, Fernandinho and the odd old boy; Hart, Clichy and Milner, stepped up to plate and got us through to the last 16 of the Champions League and back level with Chelsea in the league.

BobKowalski said:
And so round and round we go like a circle in a spiral, like a wheel within a wheel...

We're having a crappy month. Players out of sorts. Players allowed to run their contracts down (which isn't fucking smart). And big signings (amount unknown but somewhere between £32m and £42m) admitting they have to play better whereas the guy he replaced who is 3 years younger and looked like he was born to the role is shunted out in somewhat mysterious circumstances and OB1 is still making a case for the defence as it atrophies before his very eyes.

But shit happens. It happened under Mancini. It is happening under Pellers and it will happen under the next guy when everyone swaps sides and inners become outers and we get to laud the football being played and celebrate winning stuff and then start to moan when we draw at home to Bournemouth and our play becomes devoid of vision, style and tempo.

I have seen the future and it is indeed blue, albeit with a touch of the blues.

There is a frog in my desk draw and I may have inadvertently licked it.
Bob,

We did the shots per game dance last season and two trophies suggests my stance was vindicated. However, I suggest you read my last post carefully: I am not saying the defence is performing well but I do think the problem is not fundamentally a tactical one; although we know that we do take certain risks that mean the players really have to execute their roles well and they are not doing that to the necessary standard. A small improvement will bringbig rewards though.

Zabaleta arguing with Kompany, Kompany looking like he has got the worlds biggest chip on his shoulder, Aguero throwing his arms into the air and complaining at poor passes. I have to be honest I'm slightly concerned that what we are seeing is more than just a little dip in form. It looks to me like our team of supersized egoes are confused or unhappy with the current tactics. Hope I'm wrong.

First it's not a Bob v Pellers thing.
We are however in the mother of all collapses - and Hughesless quite rightly lost his job the last time. If we win against Stoke it's not terminal but if we lose I reckon Pellers is toast.
Most worrying for me is the awful defending. Only Cliche and Demichalis are doing Ok.

I can't believe the difference a season makes. At times last season, well for almost all of the first 6 months of Manuel's tenure we looked fantastic. Some of the best football I've ever witnessed at city. Fast forward a year and we have become one of the most boring ,predictable teams in the premier league not to mention defensively naive .

I don't know where the fault lies but if it continues then we will be looking for a new manager very very soon.

Our last 6 games at fortress Etihad.

Burnley 2-2
Sunderland 3-2
Sheff Wed 2-1
Gunners 0-2
Middlesbrough 0-2
Hull 1-1

Depressing given the quality at our disposal .

BlueTG said:
de niro said:
i knew the day we sacked bob we would be on the decline. not sure i want simeoni as he's a loon but i'd rather have a winner, loon or not.
You should check the CoC on the forum that you moderate on. Either that, or declining to a double winning season is clearly unacceptable.

we did our very best to lose that title. we were dire at times. we only won it cos stevie g slipped.

i know the truth hurts.
take a look at the CL group, dear me we fucking toiled there. i think once again i have to contact the manager and show him whats required, just as i did with bobby.

BlueAnorak said:
First it's not a Bob v Pellers thing.
We are however in the mother of all collapses - and Hughesless quite rightly lost his job the last time. If we win against Stoke it's not terminal but if we lose I reckon Pellers is toast.
Most worrying for me is the awful defending. Only Cliche and Demichalis are doing Ok.

i think we all want pellers to survive, what he has to do though is change.
stop rotating
stop underestimating opponents.
change the training programme, its leading to too many injuries.
pick the best team, not cos of price tag.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.