Manuel Pellegrini (cont)

Status
Not open for further replies.
BlueAnorak said:
First it's not a Bob v Pellers thing.
We are however in the mother of all collapses - and Hughesless quite rightly lost his job the last time. If we win against Stoke it's not terminal but if we lose I reckon Pellers is toast.
Most worrying for me is the awful defending. Only Cliche and Demichalis are doing Ok.

I'm going to sound like a broken record here but the only way he will be sacked early is if our Champions League spot is in jeopardy. There is still time for Pellegrini to at least secure that target.

de niro said:
BlueAnorak said:
We are however in the mother of all collapses - and Hughesless quite rightly lost his job the last time. If we win against Stoke it's not terminal but if we lose I reckon Pellers is toast.
Most worrying for me is the awful defending. Only Cliche and Demichalis are doing Ok.

i think we all want pellers to survive, what he has to do though is change.
stop rotating
stop underestimating opponents.
change the training programme, its leading to too many injuries.
pick the best, not cos of price tag.

You pay top dollar for a manager to see things before a supporter does, if he needs you or me or anyone else to tell him how to do the job better, he ain't worth employing i mean you cannot even be classed as an average manager if you haven't yet grasped that picking the best team and knowing your opposition is quite important

A lot of us are either very wrong about him or he is the spanish equivalent of Moyes, one way of doing things and cannot adapt to a new situation, it will take some turnaround between now and the end of the season to convince me he isn't a one trick pony

Nice fella though

hilts said:
de niro said:
BlueAnorak said:

stop rotating

You pay top dollar for a manager to see things before a supporter does, if he needs you or me or anyone else to tell him how to do the job better, he ain't worth employing i mean you cannot even be classed as an average manager if you haven't yet grasped that picking the best team and knowing your opposition is quite important

A lot of us are either very wrong about him or he is the spanish equivalent of Moyes, one way of doing things and cannot adapt to a new situation, it will take some turnaround between now and the end of the season to convince me he isn't a one trick pony

Nice fella though

I must have missed Moyes winning the Prem and the League Cup.

Often Pellers sees things before us the fans including:
- picking Boyata versus Sunderland this season.
- favouring Dzeko over Begredo in the title run in
- sticking with Garcia in the title run in when many fans would have driven him to the airport.
- dropping Joe and bring back in the team at the right team.
- subtle changes in formations in several games (when some people on here claim "he just picks 4-4-2" and other claim "he favours a lone striker"

Yes Pellers has had a shit month but he's a top coach who can bounce back and get the lads performing again!

Tim of the Oak said:
hilts said:
de niro said:
stop rotating

Nice fella though

I must have missed Moyes winning the Prem and the League Cup.he wasn't in charge of our squad

- picking Boyata versus Sunderland this season.obvious signs of genius that we still talk about it till this day- favouring Dzeko over Begredo in the title run in negrado got injured and lost form
- sticking with Garcia in the title run in when many fans would have driven him to the airport.our only holding midfielder
- dropping Joe and bring back in the team at the right team.he was dropping clangers so he dropped him
- subtle changes in formations in several games (when some people on here claim "he just picks 4-4-2" and other claim "he favours a lone striker"some managers manage unsubtle changes as well

Yes Pellers has had a shit month but he's a top coach who can bounce back and get the lads performing again!

Apart from every point you made it was a good post

Tim of the Oak said:
hilts said:
de niro said:
stop rotating

Nice fella though

- sticking with Garcia in the title run in when many fans would have driven him to the airport.
- subtle changes in formations in several games (when some people on here claim "he just picks 4-4-2" and other claim "he favours a lone striker"

he is a top class coach, he still has to be questioned though when he drops clangers. my worry is he doesn't seem to learn. lets see how he does from today and when he has bony and yaya added to the squad.
if he gets a run going and a little good luck instead of bad all this will blow over.

Wow. There really is some bitching on here since yesterday.
Here is my view on things.
Our manager is inept and whoever is in charge of our transfers needs a good roasting.
4-4-2 against hull with attacking midfielders coming off their wings does not work. The play needs stretched to create the space. Trying to constantly play through the middle is easy for a team who place 5 players in their midfield. You could say 6 cos hull had one striker deep.

Our transfer policy has been nothing short of a shambles too. Look at certain positions.
RB - Richards > Sagna > Maicon. I'm not even a fan of Micah's but he's better IMO than any of the other 2 we've tried to replace him with.
DM - De Jong > Garcia > Fernando. Gone back wards in this position too.
CB - Nastasic > Lescott > Mangala. Going on value for money, whether you like it or not, we have been dry bummed on the Mangala deal and I know some people will disagree with this.
ST - Tevez > Negrado > Jovetic. Again a decline in quality.
CM - Barry > Fernandinho. Im shocked at the amount we paid for a player entering the back end of his career.

You could argue other transfer dealings, but really, someone is to blame for what has happened since 2011. A lot of money spent on absolute dog shit!

hilts said:
Tim of the Oak said:
hilts said:

Nice fella though

I must have missed Moyes winning the Prem and the League Cup.he wasn't in charge of our squad

- picking Boyata versus Sunderland this season.obvious signs of genius that we still talk about it till this day- favouring Dzeko over Begredo in the title run in negrado got injured and lost form
- sticking with Garcia in the title run in when many fans would have driven him to the airport.our only holding midfielder
- dropping Joe and bring back in the team at the right team.he was dropping clangers so he dropped him
- subtle changes in formations in several games (when some people on here claim "he just picks 4-4-2" and other claim "he favours a lone striker"some managers manage unsubtle changes as well

Apart from every point you made it was a good post

Haha. Don't bother sending in your CV to Txiki and Ferran!

- Yaya can play holding midfield and so could Fernandinho
- Negrado had scored 20 odd goals so lesser managers might have kept faith with him.
- Moyes was in charge of a squad who had convincingly won the league the year before.
- Peller formation prioritise our strengths. Not a bad idea most of the time
- yes Joe's dropping was predictable. It was the timing of his return to the first team where Pellers demonstrated his expertise!

de niro said:
Tim of the Oak said:
hilts said:

Nice fella though

he is a top class coach, he still has to be questioned though when he drops clangers. my worry is he doesn't seem to learn. lets see how he does from today and when he has bony and yaya added to the squad.
if he gets a run going and a little good luck instead of bad all this will blow over.

You cannot be a top class coach and not learn from your mistakes, he is not exactly wet behind the ears

de niro said:
Tim of the Oak said:
hilts said:

Nice fella though

Agreed. Saturday's team selection was a shocker!

All managers have a stubborn streak. Pellegrini isn't any different to any other top manager.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.