Manuel Pellegrini (cont)

Status
Not open for further replies.
de niro said:
i knew the day we sacked bob we would be on the decline. not sure i want simeoni as he's a loon but i'd rather have a winner, loon or not.
You should check the CoC on the forum that you moderate on. Either that, or declining to a double winning season is clearly unacceptable.

BlueTG said:
Stephenhakin said:
Didsbury Dave said:
We declined to our first domestic double and first Champions league qualification, from the heady heights of no trophies and bottom of the CL groups.

It was awful.

BUT IT WASNT MANUELS SIDE THAT WON THE DOUBLE REALLY WAS IT? Barring Fernandinho & MDM it was Mancinis squad.

What about Negredo? Did Navas not sign last year? I'd even go as far as suggesting that these four players contributed greatly to last seasons successes.

Of course. Listen this isn't a wind up and of course we have had decent signings since MP came to the helm but the fact is the majority have been overpriced and overrated. Negrdo yes. Navas 8 assist in 30 odd games say yes he did contribute but greatly? Not for me.

Stephenhakin said:
blueinsa said:
Stephenhakin said:
BUT IT WASNT MANUELS SIDE THAT WON THE DOUBLE REALLY WAS IT? Barring Fernandinho & MDM it was Mancinis squad.

No, it was a MCFC squad!

Fucking hell talk about touchy. Of course it's a City squad and I suggest by that pedantic response you know I'm right.

You're not though. When Hughes was (rightly) relieved of his duties, everyone alluded to the point that you can buy whoever you like with whatever funds available but you need a good manager to win trophies. Then when Mancini failed to do so in 2013, in came another manager who made a couple of additions and won the double. So, if we're all men of our principles, Pellegrini's successes were of his own doing.

Nobody claims that Benitez won the Champions League with Houiller's squad.

Stephenhakin said:
BlueTG said:
Stephenhakin said:

What about Negredo? Did Navas not sign last year? I'd even go as far as suggesting that these four players contributed greatly to last seasons successes.

Of course. Listen this isn't a wind up and of course we have had decent signings since MP came to the helm but the fact is the majority have been overpriced and overrated. Negrdo yes. Navas 8 assist in 30 odd games say yes he did contribute but greatly? Not for me.
It's been five minutes and I give up already.

BlueTG said:
Stephenhakin said:
BlueTG said:

Ok let me put it in simple terms for you. 8 of last seasons double winning side were Mancini signings. 3 were MP. How the fuck can anyone say this isnt still Mancinis squad.

Stephenhakin said:
Didsbury Dave said:
supercity88 said:
Haha I do love these types of posts because they simply have to be wind ups. You knew we would be on the decline?! Good one.

We declined to our first domestic double and first Champions league qualification, from the heady heights of no trophies and bottom of the CL groups.

It was awful.

Even if it was Mancinis squad, he had a terrible last season with us so I don't see your point. Pellegrini came in and won the league with 'Mancinis squad', something Mancini couldn't do and had fights with players in his spare time. Fucking move on, he's gone.

Stephenhakin said:
BlueTG said:
Stephenhakin said:

Ok let me put it in simple terms for you. 8 of last seasons double winning side were Mancini signings. 3 were MP. How the fuck can anyone say this isnt still Mancinis squad.
I've already pointed out there were four players. Whom of which, contributed a fair great deal over the course of the two competitions. Then there were Pellegrini's tactics, management and harmony which benefited us. He took us a step further than Mancini in the CL.

But ignoring that, in essence, if you want to go down the line of "ITS BOBS SQUAD" crap, Pellegrini did better with Mancini's own squad than the messiah himself.

BlueTG said:
Pellegrini did better with Mancini's own squad than the messiah himself.

Something none of them can get their heads around im afraid.

BlueTG said:
Stephenhakin said:
BlueTG said:

I've already pointed out there were four players. Whom of which, contributed a fair great deal over the course of the two competitions. Then there were Pellegrini's tactics, management and harmony which benefited us. He took us a step further than Mancini in the CL.

But ignoring that, in essence, if you want to go down the line of "ITS BOBS SQUAD" crap, Pellegrini did better with Mancini's own squad than the messiah himself.

Listen. My original post was to look at the transfers we have made. It is not a dig at Manuel or a Manuel v Bobby competition. My main question really is who is responsible for buying players at City because no matter what you or any other sensitive soul tells me most of these signings have been a disaster. Again I am not pointing the finger at Manuel.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.