Manuel Pellegrini

Status
Not open for further replies.
Mister Appointment said:
Exeter Blue I am here said:
OB1 said:
Be boring if we agreed on everything but we don't because you have mostly crap taste in music ;-)

What we do agree on is that you flap too much. However, I will not pretend that I am not concerned by our form this season and the similarities to our last title defence season, which will, in part, bring me back to questioning the mentality of some of our players.

As to today, I was not concerned or surprised by his team selection and until they scored, City were comfortable, despite being pressed: the Hammers barely touched the ball up to that point. The goal, which was a combination of poor defending and officiating, rocked City and boosted West Ham.

The question mark against Pellegrini today, for me, was did he respond quickly enough to the way that the game went away from us? He did make tactical adjustments and we did get back on top but then failed to take our chances.

I agree that the game evolves and City and Pellegrini have to evolve with it. I also sympathise with your view on club style to a degree but I do not think what City are looking for in that regard is so rigid as to be a problem and has far more pluses to it than minuses.

I repeat that Pellegrini and Co have to find answers to our current under-performance but we should afford them some time to do so. Tactics will need to be adapted and I am damn sure that, to get to where we want to go, the playing staff will need to be continually upgraded but some things cannot be done overnight.

Our next game will presumably see a very different line-up so let's see how they get on.

Hope you're right about that last sentence, cos we can't go on picking Fernando and Ya Ya together and expecting anything other than a ghastly, lumbering mess. Quite apart from anything else, we're surely slowly shattering Mangala's confidence, having that a human sieve in front of him every week. All the opposition has to do at the moment is stick an extra man in the engine room and work hard to beat us. Stoke and West Ham represent 6 points pissed away, largely by Pellegrini. Fernandinho, relatively poor though he has been this season, has to come back in, and in all honesty I'd stick Milner alongside him. We need to get back to basics, protect the back 4 properly, and take it from there.

What I live in terminal dread of at the moment is an injury to Silva, and I think in January we've got to add some pace to that midfield. Given that we are up to the limit on overseas players (and I again lament the decision to bring in Caballero) they're either gonna have to be English, or we're gonna have to sell someone - Navas currently gets my vote

I agree about Mangala looking panic stricken at times but that's as much to do with the fact that whoever the full back is on that side they're prone to an aberration defensively.

I don't really think this Toure situation is about finding ways to shoe horn him in the side. Whether we play 4231 or 4222 Toure plays in the two in midfield not further forward because if you're sacrificing a striker then Silva plays the number 10 role. I can't argue we looked much more balanced when Jovetic came on and at the moment that gets my vote for the Derby. No Toure, Fernandinho and Fernando, Silva, Milner, Jovetic, Aguero. If for no other reason than Toure needs a wake up call.

No chance he'll leave Yaya out of the derby, not a fucking prayer.

If we play a 4-2-3-1 then I don't think it matters where Yaya plays, he's either deep so pulling the strings with his passing range or he's behind the striker where he doesn't have to track back. Win, win, imo.

Mister Appointment said:
Millwallawayveteran1988 said:
But without him against spurs we were torn apart time and time again. We can't risk that against the rags. Spurs had 19 attempts at our ground but have shit finishers. The rags would not be so wasteful with 19 attempts.

Oh don't get me wrong, I think there's no chance of Toure being dropped right now. That's the team I'd pick based on today's performances. Although i'll say again, it's hard to know who you'd pick on today's performance. I thought just like in Moscow, the entire midfield was woeful.

Me too. Silva was ok.

Defensive was shit too.

Be interesting to see how we play Wednesday and then next Sunday. It's very rare for us to play crap 3 games on the bounce.

Only on Bluemoon would you get folk wanting to sack a double winning manager who has lost 2 league games and replace him with Klopp whose side have started the season in shocking form.

Only on here!

Millwallawayveteran1988 said:
BlueAnorak said:
Pellegrini's tactics today were woeful,
Every manager can get it wrong but he took 63 mins till he changed it.
Far, far too late.
YaYa is no longer good enough to make a 2 man midfield work.
If we play a three man midfield of 2 from Fernando/Fernandinho/Milner + YaYa it may work.

I agree.

For me Jovetic and Milner should have been on at HT.

Why not at the start of the game?

If we lose against the rags then Pellegrini will come under very serious pressure for the first time since he took over.

Rammy Blue said:

If we play a 4-2-3-1 then I don't think it matters where Yaya plays, he's either deep so pulling the strings with his passing range or he's behind the striker where he doesn't have to track back. Win, win, imo.

No, I just posted that above, it's just what I'd do.

Honestly as much as you say that you've frustrated we've not seen the two ferns and Toure together, i'm frustrated we've not seen Kun, Jovetic, and Silva together more.

Merlin strangely enough got more into the game when jovetic came on and went left side!! When nasri plays he goes left side which allows dave the chance to do what he does best. Put him out on the left just takes him out of the game and means merlin cant pull the strings and make us tick! Manuel getting team selection VERY wrong at the minute.

Mister Appointment said:
Rammy Blue said:

Honestly as much as you say that you've frustrated we've not seen the two ferns and Toure together, i'm frustrated we've not seen Kun, Jovetic, and Silva together more.

Seems keeping moody twat Dzeko happy takes priority at the moment.

Mister Appointment said:
Rammy Blue said:

But that's the 6 that I want to see, I posted it in pre-match thread yesterday. Shocked that Manny hasn't tried it seeing as everyone is fit.

Pellergrini's preferred modus, which has worked well upto now - attack, and don't give the opposition time to draw breath, is wonderful to behold - when it works. Too many ordinary teams have now discovered a way of stifling the attacking prowess we displayed under Mancini and Pellegrini, and if the attacking prowess stutters on an afternoon we seem unable to adjust at the rear end and negate what the opposition have to offer. Mancini had the character to see whether we might fall short in certain games - remember the ridicule he got for the Arse 0-0. I am a little bemused with a manager, who has a substantial number of games under his belt as a much regarded CB himself, who seems to shove all his eggs in the attacking basket.

blueinsa said:
Only on Bluemoon would you get folk wanting to sack a double winning manager who has lost 2 league games and replace him with Klopp whose side have started the season in shocking form.

Only on here!
Well that in about three posts over a dozen pages. Why concentrate on just that? What about all the proper talk that's been going on? Some excellently made points, in bafflement and dismay at what we're all seeing.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.