Manuel Pellegrini

Status
Not open for further replies.
Pellergrini's preferred modus, which has worked well upto now - attack, and don't give the opposition time to draw breath, is wonderful to behold - when it works. Too many ordinary teams have now discovered a way of stifling the attacking prowess we displayed under Mancini and Pellegrini, and if the attacking prowess stutters on an afternoon we seem unable to adjust at the rear end and negate what the opposition have to offer. Mancini had the character to see whether we might fall short in certain games - remember the ridicule he got for the Arse 0-0. I am a little bemused with a manager, who has a substantial number of games under his belt as a much regarded CB himself, who seems to shove all his eggs in the attacking basket.

richards30 said:
Merlin strangely enough got more into the game when jovetic came on and went left side!! When nasri plays he goes left side which allows dave the chance to do what he does best. Put him out on the left just takes him out of the game and means merlin cant pull the strings and make us tick! Manuel getting team selection VERY wrong at the minute.

Incredible isn't it??? When we play one of our best players in his best position he starts to perform. You'd think Manuel would know this wouldn't you? Guess what though, he doesn't and he'll repeat the same mistakes against the rags until we're either losing or it reaches 60 minutes on the clock.

Rammy Blue said:
Mister Appointment said:
Rammy Blue said:
No chance he'll leave Yaya out of the derby, not a fucking prayer.

If we play a 4-2-3-1 then I don't think it matters where Yaya plays, he's either deep so pulling the strings with his passing range or he's behind the striker where he doesn't have to track back. Win, win, imo.

No, I just posted that above, it's just what I'd do.

Honestly as much as you say that you've frustrated we've not seen the two ferns and Toure together, i'm frustrated we've not seen Kun, Jovetic, and Silva together more.

But that's the 6 that I want to see, I posted it in pre-match thread yesterday. Shocked that Manny hasn't tried it seeing as everyone is fit.

I wonder if Dzeko's got some dirt on Pellegrini ... :)

Honestly today was so woeful that coupled with the second half in Moscow you'd expect something's going to change, and if not then at the very least we'll see a serious reaction against the rags.

I get the feeling that some people have never really taken to Pellegrini and have waited for any opportunity to stick the boot in, which he has given them by drawing a game midweek and now losing an away game.

Can't believe that anybody thinking things through logically could possibly come to the conclusion that he is anything but a success given his match record.

I'd also like to point out that by match record, Manuel Pellegrini is by far the greatest manager City have ever had. By like 10% or so

Damocles said:
I get the feeling that some people have never really taken to Pellegrini and have waited for any opportunity to stick the boot in, which he has given them by drawing a game midweek and now losing an away game.

Can't believe that anybody thinking things through logically could possibly come to the conclusion that he is anything but a success given his match record.

I'd also like to point out that by match record, Manuel Pellegrini is by far the greatest manager City have ever had. By like 10% or so

Spot on in every respect.

They are like a sleeper cell, awoken by us dropping points.

Damocles said:

I know the owners pay little regard to what the pundits think and what gets plastered all over the broadsheets but if things don't go to expectation in the next three games outside the usual suspects the questions about his ability to take us to next level will be coming thick and fast.

Couldn't agree with you more about his record to date especially domestically.

Most of us are always disappointed and or upset when we lose a game now especially against someone we should defeat.

Damocles said:

That's a slightly stupid post, he's bound to have a decent match record considering he's managing a world class squad.

I also don't think many people are just "sticking the boot in", most are genuinely concerned at his lack of flexibility and faith in certain under performing players.

Rammy Blue said:
Damocles said:

That's a slightly stupid post, he's bound to have a decent match record considering he's managing a world class squad.

I also don't think many people are just "sticking the boot in", most are genuinely concerned at his lack of flexibility and faith in certain under performing players.

His match record is 68%. That's better than Mourinho at Inter AND Chelsea where he both had world class squads.

I don't really want to get bogged down on this point because I'm not big on using match records as evidence but one thing that I'll say is that it certainly points to him as a more than capable manager, and after a double last year he deserves a bit more credit given to him from some sections than he is currently getting.

I also don't think many people are just "sticking the boot in", most are genuinely concerned at his lack of flexibility and faith in certain under performing players

This is a footballing Barnum statement that can be applied to every manager who has ever lost a game. It is almost word for word a criticism that Mancini had levelled at him constantly.

Damocles said:

For me it's not about never taking to him cos I was never really convinced by Mancini. The problem I find with MP is that we as fans can see our shortcomings, he sees our shortcomings normally too late or just in time to fix it but then the next game barring injury or suspension it's back to the same.

Today could have quite easily have happened against Spurs. We're whinging about missed chances today but if Spurs had gone 1-0 up inside 5mins (Mason I think one on one) then outlook on the game is totally different. It's only cos they've missed the pen and then we've take the 3-1 lead that's changed the outcome.

Today we were as tactically inept as I've seen up since the money came in.

The last thing I want to do is criticise this manager,he has done superbly well up until recently,and he's a genuinely great bloke,but c'mon......he's got it wrong plenty this season already and he is showing no signs of reversing the trend.

He set us up to fail today,and,more alarmingly,left it far too late before he attempted to rectify it.Did ne not realise what was happening in front of him? or did he refuse to acknowledge he got it wrong?

Either way,its genuinely concerning,and it needs discussion.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.