Manuel Pellegrini

Status
Not open for further replies.
Hopefully that will spark us into some sort of form that will threaten Chelsea,although i'm unconvinced.....

The outcome is awesome but I wasn't happy with our performance,i felt the team again failed to ignite,we are lacking a belief and an impetus.The 3 points are superb,the bragging rights again ours,however,i cant help feeling that result will paper over a few cracks.

milner was not timing his tackles and he was slowing down, when nasri comes on city should of gone side ways and backwards just recycling the ball but suddenly there was no room and united went for it scarey stuff

hilts said:
Mister Appointment said:
Tim of the Oak said:
The old "we got lucky" chestnut.

If all us Blues sang through the last 20 minutes rather than replicating a morgue until extra time, we would have seen the game out with ease!

I don't understand why people have such tunnel vision. We have another huge game on Wednesday. If you look at the effort Milner put in and the fact he's nailed on to start again on Wednesday. Made absolute sense to give him a little rest and give Nasri some minutes.

I always find it better to win the game before thinking about the next one, also Milner above anyone else is capable of playing two full 90 mins in a week, twas a daft decision

Two things. I bet you didn't say that when you saw Silva in the starting line up last Wednesday. And we did win the game so all's well that ends well. :)

Magicpants said:
Mr Ed (The Stables) said:
Another tactical wonder class from our manager. Takes Milner and Jovetic off replaces them with Dzeko and Nasri, and with one stroke we went from a team that had the rags stuck in their own half and couldn't get out to one being dominated by 10 men. Well done Manuel it was a masterclass of the highest order give yourself a pat on the back, whilst the rest of us reach for the Valium.

Couldn't agree more, bringing on Dzeko & Nasri to replace Milner & Jovetic was fucking ridiculous, we lost our protection down the left which meant Di Maria was suddenly a big threat in a game he was anonymous in for an hour and we sacrificed numbers in midfield due to Jovetic playing deep in favour of a fucking donkey with no movement standing with their untroubled back four.

Pellegrini did more to help the rags in the second half than turtle head, instantly turned the game from dominating a very ordinary 10 men into a backs to the wall panic fest, his changes caused tension in the crowd which transfered to the players and the fact we should count ourselves lucky to have scraped a 1-0 win against that shower of shit, in a game we dominated, especially given the fact they were down to 10 men for almost an hour should speak volumes.

I really like Pellegrini as a man and of course I am happy with the result but we won in spite of the manager, not because of him, he is not the right manager for us and the sooner he is replaced the better.

He is the ultimate underdog manager, he would work wonders with a team like Newcastle or Everton, but as a manager trying to win championships and be competitive in Europe he hasn't got a fucking clue beyond 4-4-2 and try to outscore opponents. He makes changes for the sake of making them, he has no plan B and he is either unwilling or unable to identify a problem and fix it in game.

I know i'm gonna get some stick for this but I don't give a fuck, it needs to be said, we need a genuine world class manager, regardless of how Hollistic they may or may not be, as long as we stick with Manuel we will never progress beyond flat track bullies who get found out on the bigger stage, he is fucking clueless.

Pellegrini out!

dq9g3.jpg

Magicpants said:
Another tactical wonder class from our manager. Takes Milner and Jovetic off replaces them with Dzeko and Nasri, and with one stroke we went from a team that had the rags stuck in their own half and couldn't get out to one being dominated by 10 men. Well done Manuel it was a masterclass of the highest order give yourself a pat on the back, whilst the rest of us reach for the Valium.

Couldn't agree more, bringing on Dzeko & Nasri to replace Milner & Jovetic was fucking ridiculous, we lost our protection down the left which meant Di Maria was suddenly a big threat in a game he was anonymous in for an hour and we sacrificed numbers in midfield due to Jovetic playing deep in favour of a fucking donkey with no movement standing with their untroubled back four.

Pellegrini did more to help the rags in the second half than turtle head, instantly turned the game from dominating a very ordinary 10 men into a backs to the wall panic fest, his changes caused tension in the crowd which transfered to the players and the fact we should count ourselves lucky to have scraped a 1-0 win against that shower of shit, in a game we dominated, especially given the fact they were down to 10 men for almost an hour should speak volumes.

I really like Pellegrini as a man and of course I am happy with the result but we won in spite of the manager, not because of him, he is not the right manager for us and the sooner he is replaced the better.

He is the ultimate underdog manager, he would work wonders with a team like Newcastle or Everton, but as a manager trying to win championships and be competitive in Europe he hasn't got a fucking clue beyond 4-4-2 and try to outscore opponents. He makes changes for the sake of making them, he has no plan B and he is either unwilling or unable to identify a problem and fix it in game.

I know i'm gonna get some stick for this but I don't give a fuck, it needs to be said, we need a genuine world class manager, regardless of how Hollistic they may or may not be, as long as we stick with Manuel we will never progress beyond flat track bullies who get found out on the bigger stage, he is fucking clueless.

Pellegrini out!
Jajajajjajjaajajajajjajajajajajaajjajajjaj you two are great !

Wasn't sure about Dzeko sub, but can understand him wanting the second goal to kill it off. Nasri for Milner made perfect sense - Milner had run himself into the ground and will probably start midweek. He was also pretty wasteful on the ball today.
At any rate, there was nothing about the subs that need have turned it into a 'panic fest' - the changes in no way legitimate players thumping the ball away under no pressure, dribbling around in daft areas, giving away countless daft free-kicks. All that had, I'm surr, far more to do with nerves and a lack of confidence on the part of the players.

Mister Appointment said:
hilts said:
Mister Appointment said:
I don't understand why people have such tunnel vision. We have another huge game on Wednesday. If you look at the effort Milner put in and the fact he's nailed on to start again on Wednesday. Made absolute sense to give him a little rest and give Nasri some minutes.

I always find it better to win the game before thinking about the next one, also Milner above anyone else is capable of playing two full 90 mins in a week, twas a daft decision

Two things. I bet you didn't say that when you saw Silva in the starting line up last Wednesday. And we did win the game so all's well that ends well. :)

Today's game was of much more importance than wednesdays to be fair, we won and i am very happy about it, doesn't mean i can't think a sub from the manager was a poor one

Damocles said:
Magicpants said:

Pellegrini out!

dq9g3.jpg

The days of acceptance or indifference to longstanding shortcomings as long as we beat the rags are long gone, for some at least.

Magicpants said:
Damocles said:
Magicpants said:

Pellegrini out!

dq9g3.jpg

The days of acceptance or indifference to longstanding shortcomings as long as we beat the rags are long gone, for some at least.

You mean you've turned into an insufferable twat?

hilts said:
Mister Appointment said:
hilts said:

Today's game was of much more importance than wednesdays to be fair, we won and i am very happy about it, doesn't mean i can't think a sub from the manager was a poor one

Of course, but i was just pointing out why the sub made sense. Especially as we need Nasri back up to full fitness as soon as possible with Silva out.

I think it's fair to say United were always going to have a spell at some point in the game. The last 10 minutes our decision making was awful. So many times we could've kept the ball but instead simply turned it over to them. That had nothing to do with tactics and everything to do with the fact we're on a bad run and I suspect a bit of nerves set in. We had dominated the match and should've been out of sight, but didn't get the second goal and you could sense the players felt it.

But unlike Chelsea last week, the most important thing is we stood firm and we got the three points. Very little i can criticise in anyone from our side's performance. Feels fucking good and now we can turn our attention to mid week.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.