Manuel Pellegrini

Status
Not open for further replies.
Did I miss a few pages out ,I don't recall anyone calling for him to go. Players,Refs and Managers all get criticised when they make contentious decisions. Its not civil war,its not riot -its discussion.

We need to all learn the difference between criticising a managers performance and calling for his head.

His subs were all wrong today and nearly cost us the game. Many of us saw it and commented on it at the ground. For me it stands out as some of the stupidest decisions of his reign. But pointing that out doesnt mean that I want him out or don't think he's good enough for us.

And the Mancini v Pellegrini debates were old and pointless a year ago.

Didsbury Dave said:
As I remember it, and I haven't watched it since live, when he brought dzeko on he pulled Sergio wider left in a 4123/433 type formation. Nasri sat to the left of YaYa with fernando at the base of central mid. We did get ragged at that point, and he tried to rectify the problem by bringing dinho on.

The thing about subs is that there is no manager in the history of the game who knows exactly how a match will pan out. He makes a call and sometimes it works out and sometimes it doesn't. If just one of those 3-4 chances we made in the last 20 went in the manager would have looked a genius. If one of United s had gone in he'd have looked a chump. Neither would have been true.

As it is, he's taken a team bereft of silva and under serious pressure to a deserved three points. We should have been 4 up by the time those subs were even made. I'm not one to say 'we won and that's all that matters'. But what I am saying is that over 90 minutes we were by miles the better side. That will do for me instead of moaning about what might have been, using the power of hindsight.

I know mate, and bottom line is we won, however that last 20 was pretty horrific.

Against 10 men we didn't need to take any risks and dominating with the extra man in the middle and Yaya further forward was by far and away what should have happened.

It was so bad that for a 5/10 minute period Dzeko was actually playing left wing with Nasri tucked in behind Sergio, until he got Dinho on.

I've watched the last 20 again since getting back and it was awful.

Well done to him on the win but can't help feel that he made it more difficult than need be with poor substitutions.

Rammy Blue said:
Didsbury Dave said:
As I remember it, and I haven't watched it since live, when he brought dzeko on he pulled Sergio wider left in a 4123/433 type formation. Nasri sat to the left of YaYa with fernando at the base of central mid. We did get ragged at that point, and he tried to rectify the problem by bringing dinho on.

The thing about subs is that there is no manager in the history of the game who knows exactly how a match will pan out. He makes a call and sometimes it works out and sometimes it doesn't. If just one of those 3-4 chances we made in the last 20 went in the manager would have looked a genius. If one of United s had gone in he'd have looked a chump. Neither would have been true.

As it is, he's taken a team bereft of silva and under serious pressure to a deserved three points. We should have been 4 up by the time those subs were even made. I'm not one to say 'we won and that's all that matters'. But what I am saying is that over 90 minutes we were by miles the better side. That will do for me instead of moaning about what might have been, using the power of hindsight.

I know mate, and bottom line is we won, however that last 20 was pretty horrific.

Against 10 men we didn't need to take any risks and dominating with the extra man in the middle and Yaya further forward was by far and away what should have happened.

It was so bad that for a 5/10 minute period Dzeko was actually playing left wing with Nasri tucked in behind Sergio, until he got Dinho on.

That last 20 was a bleeding car crash of a performance. 10 men and subbing on boys barely old enough to shave and they still reduced us to a collective funk. Mind you the memory of that is starting to fade and am now toasting yet another derby win!

But we still need to raise our performance levels if we are to compete successfully this season and maybe this result (if not the performance) will do the trick.

aguero93:20 said:
Why are people giving out about Milner coming off? He looked dead on his feet and had started to give the ball away too easily.
Are you blind? It was Pellegrini's mistake to taking him off, James was obviously in better condition than Samir who didn't play 70 mins!
Just joking, finally someone who can see it right...
Spot on mate.

BobKowalski said:
Rammy Blue said:
Didsbury Dave said:

That last 20 was a bleeding car crash of a performance. 10 men and subbing on boys barely old enough to shave and they still reduced us to a collective funk. Mind you the memory of that is starting to fade and am now toasting yet another derby win!

But we still need to raise our performance levels if we are to compete successfully this season and maybe this result (if not the performance) will do the trick.

Yeah, a few glasses of red has chilled me somewhat too.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.