Manuel Pellegrini

Status
Not open for further replies.
Didsbury Dave said:
This thread is hilarious, and conclusive proof ( not that it were needed) as to just how breathtakingly little some of the forums biggest mouths know about football.

For a start, the manager got the big calls right before the game. The inclusion of Milner was right, navas was right and so was jovetic and de Michelis. He sent them out there aggressive but (unlike United) controlled and we were easily the better side. It could easily have been 4 or 5 nil and we defended well. When Nasri came on United were on the ropes and it was exactly the right change because big gaps were opening up in midfield, and he put him in a three man midfield in a 433. Soon after he came on he almost created a goal from that very hole.

we needed to get fernandinho on to steady the ship in central midfield, because they were starting to win a few battles there and our back four started panicking in possession. What pellegrini was doing was exactly what you balloons have been on his back for: shoring things up to see out the game.

I know you clowns don't see it like this, but substitutions are not 'he's playing shit, get him off'. They are tactical and that's what today's were. United saw a bit of the ball late on evacuee our back four stopped using the ball properly.

If the changes made had produced the goal they so nearly did (three times) you muppets wouldn't have been quite so desperate to come on here to berate the manager you resent.

Comical. Well done pellegrini for sending the right team out to win your third Derby on the trot. Just when the pressure was on.

To be fair though mate, the subs weren't good, bringing Dzeko on was utterly pointless.

Not got a problem with getting Nasri on as you'd expect him to retain possession but bringing Dinho on and releasing Yaya forward would have been the other correct sub.

kupest said:
Didsbury Dave said:
This thread is hilarious, and conclusive proof ( not that it were needed) as to just how breathtakingly little some of the forums biggest mouths know about football.

For a start, the manager got the big calls right before the game. The inclusion of Milner was right, navas was right and so was jovetic and de Michelis. He sent them out there aggressive but (unlike United) controlled and we were easily the better side. It could easily have been 4 or 5 nil and we defended well. When Nasri came on United were on the ropes and it was exactly the right change because big gaps were opening up in midfield, and he put him in a three man midfield in a 433. Soon after he came on he almost created a goal from that very hole.

we needed to get fernandinho on to steady the ship in central midfield, because they were starting to win a few battles there and our back four started panicking in possession. What pellegrini was doing was exactly what you balloons have been on his back for: shoring things up to see out the game.

I know you clowns don't see it like this, but substitutions are not 'he's playing shit, get him off'. They are tactical and that's what today's were. United saw a bit of the ball late on evacuee our back four stopped using the ball properly.

If the changes made had produced the goal they so nearly did (three times) you muppets wouldn't have been quite so desperate to come on here to berate the manager you resent.

Comical. Well done pellegrini for sending the right team out to win your third Derby on the trot. Just when the pressure was on.

Exactly my thoughts. Unbelievable how we win a DERBY and people just come on here and post how shit Pellegrini is !

PMsl..........you're bang on my friend. It does seem strange that some on here slag off and insult a successful manager doesn't it.........

ArdwickBlue said:
KippaxCitizen said:
blueinsa said:
Like i said. They had their scripts all ready and waiting.

Shame.
How can people script a series of events that haven't happened?

Tell you what though, I notice there's no "Pellegrini OUT" thread. So say what you want about the people who have absolute justified doubts and grumbles about him so far this season but he's treated miles miles fucking better than Mancini was on here.

Let people voice their opinions if they want to and stop talking bollocks about scripts that nobody has had and calling it a shame you bloody made arse.

Are we still going on about Mancini?

It sounds like a guy pining for his ex who's moved on and remarried
That's exactly what they are. They've had knives out for pellegrini since he replaced their hero.

What's funny is they keep making muppets of themselves when he proves his mettle. Then they go quiet for six months.

Not sure many go to games to be honest.

Still not convinced me .
He needed that .
But why we're we hanging on in that last 15 minutes .
Substitutes were very poor again !!!

Rammy Blue said:
Didsbury Dave said:

To be fair though mate, the subs weren't good, bringing Dzeko on was utterly pointless.

Not got a problem with getting Nasri on as you'd expect him to retain possession but bringing Dinho on and releasing Yaya forward would have been the other correct sub.

exactly how i saw it.......

the only reasn i could see for taling kun off was to prtoect him from injury/save him for the next game

taking milner off was a mistake

Mister Appointment said:
hilts said:
neel said:
Saw his post match comments..Seems he wanted us to press harder and get second one in..but he himself felt that we stopped playing

Okay so we can only presume there were no injuries or resting of players for the cska game, the question should be did we start to play badly because of the subs or would it have happened anyhow due to our recent bad run and the rags going for it in the later stages of the game

I think it's arguable both ways if I'm honest. I suppose it comes down to whether you choose to take the positives rather than the negatives from the performance. Defensively I thought we were much better. We restricted United space when they moved the ball forward and we were compact enough that they rarely threatened. Van Persie, Rooney, and Di Maria were largely anonymous as an attacking threat.

Toure was excellent, Fernando I thought did well as well. Jimmy worked hard but other than inviting the challenge for Smalling's red card he didn't create anything. Navas I thought was marginally better, he gave Shaw a torrid time and got into excellent crossing positions but his delivery wasn't great. Jovetic struggled and Kun was Kun.

Other than the Chelsea game that's the best performance we've put in overall at home. We showed we were two leagues above United for the better part of 70 minutes. We're getting there.

I thought the defence and fernando were very good until they started playing hoof ball and diving in for challenges later in the game which has been seen many times over the years in this position, i thought navas and milner did their jobs very well defensively and Toure played well but the conundrum with him hasn't changed, kun excellant and jovetic average as you stated

Looking at their back line disappointed we didn't put it to bed earlier, in terms of the manager today doesn't really tell us anything

Rammy Blue said:
Didsbury Dave said:

Honestly, I thought it was probably time for dzeko. We were going one up front, Aguero was tiring and we were putting loads of dangerous balls around the six yard box.

The big peice of luck the manager got was kolorov's injury, in my opinion. That was the one bad call he made before the game I reckon.

I like Dzeko and rate him. I thought he'd get a goal when he came on to be honest. I'd have loved him to to shut the miserable old twat up who sits behind me.

ArdwickBlue said:
KippaxCitizen said:
blueinsa said:
Like i said. They had their scripts all ready and waiting.

Shame.

Tell you what though, I notice there's no "Pellegrini OUT" thread. So say what you want about the people who have absolute justified doubts and grumbles about him so far this season but he's treated miles miles fucking better than Mancini was on here.

Let people voice their opinions if they want to and stop talking bollocks about scripts that nobody has had and calling it a shame you bloody made arse.

No, I'm not still going on about Mancini directly; my point was that at least those with valid criticisms aren't banging out ridiculous "Pellegrini OUT" threads and are being a bit more normal anout their criticisms.

KippaxCitizen said:
ArdwickBlue said:
KippaxCitizen said:

No, I'm not still going on about Mancini directly; my point was that at least those with valid criticisms aren't banging out ridiculous "Pellegrini OUT" threads and are being a bit more normal anout their criticisms.

most are being sensible some are being a little bit silly though

Dzeko is needed for corners/FKs as well. He is probably our best players in the air so would have been a great help defending those set pieces.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.