Manuel Pellegrini

Status
Not open for further replies.
Rammy Blue said:
I don't think it's knee-jerk to be questioning MP at this moment in time, his stubbornness really is starting to cost us quite heavily.

I find it astonishing to believe that he is incapable of being flexible in his approach.

I always start to worry when I'm sat "in my armchair" and can see ahead of the game exactly who's not going to perform and how a game is likely to pan out, whereas there's a guy being paid millions who stands there looking a tad clueless.

Clichy, Dzeko and Navas should be nowhere near starting at the moment and if he wants to persist with Yaya then he has to play the extra man in the middle.

Is it really that difficult?

He is very arsene wenger like. He sets his team up to play the same way every game and doesn't care that much about the opposition, unless they are the really top sides. He also has the habit of playing players into form, meaning even if a player is playing badly he won't sub them or drop them. He also has favourite players like mancin,i where the likes of milner who is in good form gets dropped. He rotates the back 4 too much which leaves the defense unsettled, i swear other teams don't rotate their back 4 as much as us.

Our defence this season has been a fucking joke and he spunked 2/3 of our budget on a player who has looked liked a disaster waiting to happen in the majority of games he has played. Not only that, a player who wasn't even ready to pay until 5 games into the season despite us wanting him for 6 months!!!

Kompany and zabaleta have both performed poorly on top of that and our left back situation is a bad as it was 2 years ago yet rather than do something about it, both clichy and Kolorov get new contracts when both are average at best.

We were lucky to go in at HT 1-0 down yet did he make a change? No.....he gives a completely useless Dzeko another 15 minutes to confirm that he is in fact playing shit. A fucking idiot could see that yet he persevered with him.

He need to get a grip of this and fast else he is heading for the same management path as Mancini.

simon23 said:
MP is totally at fault for our poor performances this season. This is not a knee jerk reaction to our defeat today...we havent played well all season even int he games we have won. Spurs last week - we may have won 4-1 but the danger signs were there for everyone to see as there have been in other games. We have managed to out power a few teams but overall we have been poor this season. There have been periods in games where we have looked better but thats it.

MP is being stubbrn - he can see where it is going wrong as everyone else can but is refusing to change from his preferred way of playing. His tactics and formations are predictable as are his team selections. He has virtually a fully fit squad yet picks the team he did today for West ham?????????????????????

If he continues we will fail in the league and the champs league as well. When he was appointed we were told that he was a tactically astute manager who was flexible in his approach and formations.....the complete opposite of what he is actually showing at the moment.

People are scapegoating certain players (yaya and clichy especailly) but the whole team is under performing due to his poor tactics

Make no mistake he is completely at fault for the poor performances.

My biggest fear is that he wont change.....we will still make top 4 and may win a cup but it wont be down to his good management if we do do it the way we are playing.

I can take losing and today we deserved to lose like we have done previously.....but it annoys me that we are playing and performing so continuously below the level we are capable due to the manager not adapting to suit the players we have.

Just about sums it up. When the line up was announced I thought to myself please not again. We were shocking up until the subs were made.

simon23 said:
MP is totally at fault for our poor performances this season. This is not a knee jerk reaction to our defeat today...we havent played well all season even int he games we have won. Spurs last week - we may have won 4-1 but the danger signs were there for everyone to see as there have been in other games. We have managed to out power a few teams but overall we have been poor this season. There have been periods in games where we have looked better but thats it.

MP is being stubbrn - he can see where it is going wrong as everyone else can but is refusing to change from his preferred way of playing. His tactics and formations are predictable as are his team selections. He has virtually a fully fit squad yet picks the team he did today for West ham?????????????????????

If he continues we will fail in the league and the champs league as well. When he was appointed we were told that he was a tactically astute manager who was flexible in his approach and formations.....the complete opposite of what he is actually showing at the moment.

People are scapegoating certain players (yaya and clichy especailly) but the whole team is under performing due to his poor tactics

My biggest fear is that he wont change.....we will still make top 4 and may win a cup but it wont be down to his good management if we do do it the way we are playing.

I can take losing and today we deserved to lose like we have done previously.....but it annoys me that we are playing and performing so continuously below the level we are capable due to the manager not adapting to suit the players we have.

How can that be? When Yaya dawdled on the ball after about 10 seconds and lost possession, that was the manager's fault was it? Didn't we win the league last season with the same tactics and more or less the same team?

The slaughtered lamb said:
simon23 said:

How can that be? When Yaya dawdled on the ball after about 10 seconds and lost possession, that was the manager's fault was it? Didn't we win the league last season with the same tactics and more or less the same team?

Yeah let's bring Yaya into it. Easy scapegoat at the minute. Why not pick up on Mangala for being as weak as fuck for their first goal. Dzeko for doing less than fuck all, Aguero for missing an absolute fucking sitter or Clichy for just being wank from kick off til he got taken off?

Far too easy to blame Toure who was actually one of the better players today.

Millwallawayveteran1988 said:
simon23 said:

Yeah let's bring Yaya into it. Easy scapegoat at the minute. Why not pick up on Mangala for being as weak as fuck for their first goal. Dzeko for doing less than fuck all, Aguero for missing an absolute fucking sitter or Clichy for just being wank from kick off til he got taken off?

I wasn't blaming Yaya for the poor performance, I was illustrating the point that the manager can't be "totally at fault" for players who don't perform.

simon23 said:

yes it was his fault......

teams have figured out this is how we play....press yaya and it causes us problems as he has little support in the centre of the park...playing 3 in there would stop this happening or at least reduce the effects it has.......I saw that incident you pointed out after 20 seconds and knew from that point (infact I knew before a ball was kicked) what todays game was going to be like as did a lot of other people

singling out one player is just a why of refusing to accept that the manager is at fault ...keep hiding your head in the sand but it wont change unless he changes...we will win plenty of games but we are not performing at the level we are capable of due to the manager refusing to adap his tactics to the squad/players he has and to the teams he plays (he even says it in that tactics video - the vast majority of work is spent on how the team plays and very little is done concerning how the other teams does)...surely he should be studying the other team for weaknesses and then attacking those weaknesses as clearly thats what Fat Sam did t us today by pressing our midfield and pushing balls inside our fullback cause they are told to push so high.
To not take the other team into consideration either froma attacking point of view or a defensive point of view is very very narrow minded and arrogant

mancity1 said:
KippaxCitizen said:
We are at our best when we have a DM sitting in front of the back four, when we have Yaya playing alongside/ahead of that DM in CM, and when we have Silva playing ahead of him in AM/behind the striker.

3 in midfield!

He doesn't seem to have addressed our attitude and mentality issue neither.

We had the wrong attitude and mentality as champions two years ago and we've had a weak attitude and mentality in the Champions League in every yearly outing we've had so far. I don't see Pellegrini changing that. We look like we don't believe in ourselves as a champion side. Yes, we look great when we've fucked it up a bit and all seems lost and the pressure is off us somewhat...yet when we've got to go out and show how good we are from the outset, when we've got the champions tag on us, when the expectation is on us to be the best we don't appear to have the right attitude or mentality, we don't look comfortable as a club in this situation. It was there two years ago under Mancini, it's been there under both Mancini and Pellgrini in the CL and it's there this season under Pellegrini.

I think that shows that Pellegrini, like Mancini, isn't wuite the calibre of coach this club needs.

Mancini was a really good coach. Good possession, attractive to watch, very good defensively, lacked the tactical nouse against the best in Europe and didn't deal with the squad when we had the attitude and mentality issues as champions. Pellegrini is a really good coach. Good possession, lots of goals, attractive to watch, lacks the tactical nouse against the best in Europe and doesn't appear to be dealing with the squad with this attitude and mentality issues we have as champions.

Certainly not to challenge for honours on the European stage but neither are the calibre of player we have either.

Domestically we could play it safer , surely we could do better than two clean sheets in nine games and have more points than we have now with the squad we have but at present it compromises our possession game somewhat.

MP is paid to get it right over 38 games.

Our players haven't shown the desire often enough collectively to get the job done in 4 league games and 3 Euro games so far.

Its certainly a concern but we will find out a lot more about their hunger and desire and will to win in the next few months and after that we can see if the owners will give MP his last season as head coach.

I cannot see him going beyond three years no matter what happens because we have to improve on the field player wise to improve our fortunes in Europe without compromising our ability to challenge for honours domestically year on year.
I can see us sticking with him. But I have come to terms with the feeling I have that we won't progress to that next level under him. A title retaining, European feared team/club...I don't see us being that under Pellegrini.

We will win further trophies under him, I think we would have won more trophies under Mancini too. And I think the step to bring in Pellegrini was the right one, I think that's what was needed. But that next level is a huge one to get to and the right man will need to be in place (and players too) for when we really want to get to it.

Millwallawayveteran1988 said:

I wasn't blaming Yaya for the poor performance, I was illustrating the point that the manager can't be "totally at fault" for players who don't perform.

Maybe I was too quick to have a go. He isn't totally at fault because the players are letting him down. They let him down in midweek and they let him down today. He needs to start getting tough with the players who are letting him down and quickly because if Chelsea win tomorrow we cannot afford any more slip ups.

simon23 said:
simon23 said:

yes it was his fault......

teams have figured out this is how we play....press yaya and it causes us problems as he has little support in the centre of the park...playing 3 in there would stop this happening or at least reduce the effects it has.......I saw that incident you pointed out after 20 seconds and knew from that point (infact I knew before a ball was kicked) what todays game was going to be like as did a lot of other people

singling out one player is just a why of refusing to accept that the manager is at fault ...keep hiding your head in the sand but it wont change unless he changes...we will win plenty of games but we are not performing at the level we are capable of due to the manager refusing to adap his tactics to the squad/players he has and to the teams he plays (he even says it in that tactics video - the vast majority of work is spent on how the team plays and very little is done concerning how the other teams does)...surely he should be studying the other team for weaknesses and then attacking those weaknesses as clearly thats what Fat Sam did t us today by pressing our midfield and pushing balls inside our fullback cause they are told to push so high.
To not take the other team into consideration either froma attacking point of view or a defensive point of view is very very narrow minded and arrogant
Spot on.

Same as Moscow; I don't blame the ref or the diving player, I don't even particularly blame Yaya (even though the backheel/flick was fucking ridiculous and suicidal), I blame Pellegrini I because for too long and too often in that game Yaya was closed down too much as he was in a 2-man midfield and he was put under pressure too much without enough support from teammates...and he tried a stupid flick that bounced off one of their men and directly created the diving opportunity for their player.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.