Manuel Pellegrini

Status
Not open for further replies.
SilverFox2 said:
JoeMercer'sWay said:
SilverFox2 said:
Certainly if ADUG want the trophies at the highest level then they will pay for the best players and manager that will eventually lift the top trophies.
However, I'm not certain that this is their objective.
As an investment company for Sheik M. they must first and foremost make as much money as possible which means that as long as they maximise the sponsorship money coming in on a global scale they have no need to chase trophies ''at all costs''.
As supporters of City we just want to win everything and see each star player that goes to another club as opportunity lost. So we have to hope that Sheik M. thinks like us and changes ADUG's objectives.

why can't people make money and be successful? We've won 2 league titles in 3 years, Chelsea have won 3 in 10.

I'm not saying that they cannot.
It is the ''at all costs'' bit that I tried to emphasise.
We invested heavily initially to get to the position you describe so this in turn is attracting the sponsorship and other income streams that make ADUG's investment perform.

My point is that their priority is to maximise the difference between income and expenditure. As with any company getting more sales (sponsorship etc.) and/or lower costs (new player investment) works.

There comes a point where extra player investment will not have a corresponding extra income stream reward.
I'm not saying players will not be bought and sold to maintain the teams current high position merely that to assume that we should continue to spend heavily to try to ensure CL or PL success may not be financially rewarding.

Each member of the ADUG Team (including MP) will be familiar with their part of the business plan that Sheik M. approved and no doubt his past achievements (re PL) have fitted snugly into the success that other members of the ADUG team have managed.

Again, I'm not saying that investment to date did not have an expectation better than our CL performances but I am not that certain that ADUG will authorise a massive investment to rectify the position.

The ADUG objective is not to maximise income or similar, that objective was created by FFP and we have no choice but to adhere to it. The whole point of the income streams that are now being generated is simply to not just pass FFP but to generate a sustainable business model where we make a lot of money and therefore can invest in players.

We cannot spend heavily whilst we aren't making enough money to do so, the money involved in football and the way it is being handled has changed considerably over the last couple of years. We are now directly reliant on these sponsorship deals to compete with the top clubs on transfers. As Khaldoon said, we took a pinch this year because we had no choice and the new deals will ensure we can spend without harassment.

Why do we have to keep playing 4-4-2. Can't MP see this is a losing combo. It would have been better playing with Nasri and Silva both on if need be and Dzeko single striker.

injuries happen

personally i am more concerned with his management or lack of it

Toure looks slow and pointless. He doesn't press ahead anymore. He had that one good goal this season and now all he does is pass side to side and back. It's slowly becoming a disappointing season.

dctid said:
injuries happen

personally i am more concerned with his management or lack of it

The injuries are secondary to how unmotivated our players look. However given that's happened under two successive and two very different managers now, I'm more inclined to point fingers at the players.

Not posted much since moving away, can't get to the games any more (still have my season ticket but 4500 miles is a bit too far to commute!) - seen every game this season though, although ironically this is the first I haven't seen live (often at ungodly hours of the morning).

I think Manuel's time is coming to an end. Apart from Hughes I have never been one to call for a manager's head, but we seem to win despite him these days, rather than because of him. Didn't agree with bringing him in, last season proved me wrong, but I have no idea what is going on at the moment. His tactics are wrong, the players seem lethargic and miserable... Not at all what we were supposed to get from the guy.

Shame as he seems a nice guy, but appears to be totally losing the plot at the moment.

Give him till the end of the season, and then depart with Mr Pellegrini. The way he keeps putting 2 up front is absolutely ridiculous the past 3 games we have need more creative flair in the middle and he takes yaya and brings winger on. Leaves Dzeko who has been awful an absolute mess of management. Great we played well last season with 2 up front but sometimes you have to change. And once things started to not work, for example Yaya not being good enough this year. The signs are obvious.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.