Maradona at COMS

Discussion in 'Bluemoon forum' started by Burtonblue, 31 Jul 2011.

1. citysix

citysix

greatest player of all time imo,standing ovation from me

2. Big Dave Watson

Big Dave Watson

He is a cheat, end of.

3. Jumanji

Jumanji

Oh please, Aguero's done the same thing as Maradona. Is Aguero a cheat?

4. mancboy123

mancboy123

What was the name of the city player who did the same albeit not on such a grand stage was it mettomo?

5. zuri urdina

zuri urdina

I am sure I remember watching Franny Lee score for City with his hand at Highbury in 1970 or 1971- he called it a "handy goal" on TV afterwards - not quite "hand of god" but just as cheeky. England fans should just get over it. Maradona did score the greatest world cup goal ever in the same game as the hand of god one - made Peter Reid look like an very old monkey.
    If Kun Aguero scores a goal like any these for City, I for one, will be cheering and/or laughing.

6. waspish

waspish

A world class cheat..;-)

7. Uncle Wally One Ball

Uncle Wally One Ball

To be fair, when it came to short bursts of pace around the pitch it was Peter Reid who made Peter Reid look like a very old monkey. I dont really care about the Hand of God anymore, although I agree there was a sense of injustice at the time. Looking at his career overall he was a wonderful player and a personality that would be good see about our place from time to time. There was a lot to that handball. Steve Hodge played a stupid pass, and Shilton should never have been beaten by a 5 feet 3 in barrel to a ball in the air no matter if his arm was up or not.

8. danburge82

danburge82

Why would anyone boo?! I'm a big England fan (I am English afterall) yet I know it was the linesman and referee's fault that they didn't spot the handball and shit keeping from Shilton that at 6'3" he couldn't outjump someone who was 5'5" at best! Okay he was a bit of a cheat for hand balling it but fuck me football has to be the worst game for cheats during play (as opposed to drugs in Atheltics) in world sport!

9. Dubai Blue

Dubai Blue

There seems to be a strange obsession on here recently with the 'reception' that certain visitors in the stands get at City. Unless he's introduced on the pitch (and why would that possibly happen?) he won't get any reception whatsoever, positive or negative.

And I doubt Zabaleta would give a shit either way; he thinks Maradonna is a clown.

10. Uncle Wally One Ball

Uncle Wally One Ball

I was a tighthead prop for years mate. Believe me, cheating in rugby is an art form