Maradona at COMS

waspish said:
Forget his drugs and handball incidents

He was Truly a world class player
Won the world cup practically on his own plus winning the league single handedly with Napoli...

Will Messi Rooney or Ronaldo come close to this guy?

I very much doubt it....

He is a cheat, end of.

What was the name of the city player who did the same albeit not on such a grand stage was it mettomo?

I am sure I remember watching Franny Lee score for City with his hand at Highbury in 1970 or 1971- he called it a "handy goal" on TV afterwards - not quite "hand of god" but just as cheeky. England fans should just get over it. Maradona did score the greatest world cup goal ever in the same game as the hand of god one - made Peter Reid look like an very old monkey.
If Kun Aguero scores a goal like any these for City, I for one, will be cheering and/or laughing.

Big Dave Watson said:
waspish said:
Forget his drugs and handball incidents

He was Truly a world class player
Won the world cup practically on his own plus winning the league single handedly with Napoli...

Will Messi Rooney or Ronaldo come close to this guy?

I very much doubt it....

He is a cheat, end of.

A world class cheat..;-)

To be fair, when it came to short bursts of pace around the pitch it was Peter Reid who made Peter Reid look like a very old monkey. I dont really care about the Hand of God anymore, although I agree there was a sense of injustice at the time. Looking at his career overall he was a wonderful player and a personality that would be good see about our place from time to time. There was a lot to that handball. Steve Hodge played a stupid pass, and Shilton should never have been beaten by a 5 feet 3 in barrel to a ball in the air no matter if his arm was up or not.

Burtonblue said:
Given his son in law is with us now I assume Diego will be visiting COMS to watch the lad play.

I was wondering what sort of a welcome the hand of God will get from us blues.

I really hope he gets a standing ovation in recognition for the great player he has been rather than any booing for what was after all a bit of professional cheating.

I had the privilege of seeing him play a couple of times in his glory days at Napoli and can honestly say he was the best player I have ever seen.

Would be great to see Kun's father in law given a friendly welcome.
I for one will be clapping as loud as I can.

Hope not too many boo!
Why would anyone boo?! I'm a big England fan (I am English afterall) yet I know it was the linesman and referee's fault that they didn't spot the handball and shit keeping from Shilton that at 6'3" he couldn't outjump someone who was 5'5" at best! Okay he was a bit of a cheat for hand balling it but fuck me football has to be the worst game for cheats during play (as opposed to drugs in Atheltics) in world sport!

There seems to be a strange obsession on here recently with the 'reception' that certain visitors in the stands get at City. Unless he's introduced on the pitch (and why would that possibly happen?) he won't get any reception whatsoever, positive or negative.

And I doubt Zabaleta would give a shit either way; he thinks Maradonna is a clown.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.