Marc-Andre ter Stegen

Status
Not open for further replies.
The Express are perhaps the least reliable British paper when it comes to football 'exclusives'.
Makes sense - The Express article contradicts what other sports journalists are reporting - namely that we're interested in signing one of the Barca keepers, but not if we need to meet their buyout clauses.

Clearly, the keepers we have are good enough for the standard we are at because they are part of that standard (but I think you meant where we want to be)

I don't understand why people are so emotive about us being linked to keepers who are supposedly a perfect fit for peps system as its a win win for us i.e we as a team improve

I dont know, maybe because Joe`s English and we seem to be struggling to get decent English players to attempt to fill our quota without paying above and beyond for them. Maybe we think that despite playing behind a woefully organised defence and midfield under Pelligrini Joe still managed 4 golden gloves in 7 years.

Makes sense - The Express article contradicts what other sports journalists are reporting - namely that we're interested in signing one of the Barca keepers, but not if we need to meet their buyout clauses.

The express didn't contradict that - they said we want to sign ter Stegen but Barca won't take less than the release clause.

The express didn't contradict that - they said we want to sign ter Stegen but Barca won't take less than the release clause.
I think that the article contradicts what other journalists have reported in that this sentence - "City could claw back some of the money by selling Hart to Everton" - implies that we're open to the trade even if we have to meet the release clause. It also states that Pep has already made up his mind that Hart isn't good enough to be the number one keeper at City. In all, it suggests that we're going to trade Hart in this window and that we're going to buy ter Stegen despite the buyout clause.

I think that the article contradicts what other journalists have reported in that this sentence - "City could claw back some of the money by selling Hart to Everton" - implies that we're open to the trade even if we have to meet the release clause. It also states that Pep has already made up his mind that Hart isn't good enough to be the number one keeper at City. In all, it suggests that we're going to trade Hart in this window and that we're going to buy ter Stegen despite the buyout clause.

Not having a dig at you mate
So we are going to change or GK a week before kick off ..... fukin stupid if you ask me

Joe is really going to be up for it knowing Stegan is sat waiting to take his shirt

Hart just needs to calm down and focus on improving his game. He is too pumped up at times like during the Euro's when frankly he was crap. His distribution is not good enough and he has a weakness to his left that needs working on. Whether he will be given the time to do it who knows. It will really show a ruthless streak if he goes. I still think he is not a problem we need to address currently and would give him this season to improve the above.

I dont know, maybe because Joe`s English and we seem to be struggling to get decent English players to attempt to fill our quota without paying above and beyond for them. Maybe we think that despite playing behind a woefully organised defence and midfield under Pelligrini Joe still managed 4 golden gloves in 7 years.

joe is a fantastic keeper, that is without question. I think every city fan would love to see Joe continue developing with us both as a club and professionally himself, but what he hasn't had to date is real competition and if pep does bring in another keeper, we as fans should be pleased that we are strengthening the squad.

Its a difficult position to fill squad wise as the back up keeper joins knowing he isn't going to be getting lots of games, so pulling in a decent one who is willing to do that is no easy task. The names being branded about suggest those keepers will likely believe they are being brought in as first choice contenders at least. If so, this will give Joe real competition and motivation to develop his all round game, whether that is sufficient to keep him as #1, will be as much up to him as it will Pep.

If we do nothing, we still have a great keeper. If we bring in someone challenging for the number 1 spot, we are improving as a squad.

win win as far as I see it

Joe is one of the keepers in the league, last season he pulled out some amazing saves to keep us in matches, I couldnt give one toss if he is shit for england he is excellent for us. I agree that he could use competition, but I dont believe ter stegen is the answer, he would cost a fortune in wages and transfer fee, he would take up another foreign spot and it would be impossible to keep both keepers happy. Rulli could be a decent shout as he will get plenty of game time in spain and joe will know that if his standards drop rulli will be bought back the next window plus rulli can continue his development, having two top international goalkeepers is a difficult scenario, the option of buying back is a great way of keeping everyone on their toes. Rulli knows we will be keeping tabs on our investment and joe will know this too.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.