Marc-Andre ter Stegen

Status
Not open for further replies.
Definitely lack in the keeping area,hope we get something done.No keepers we have are good enough for the standard we are at !

Clearly, the keepers we have are good enough for the standard we are at because they are part of that standard (but I think you meant where we want to be)

I don't understand why people are so emotive about us being linked to keepers who are supposedly a perfect fit for peps system as its a win win for us i.e we as a team improve

Mate. I fully admire your loyalty to Joe, but he has his flaws (as do all keepers) and you seem to be getting agitated about people highlighting those and then playing the they just follow the media BS card.

No, like you we watch Joe and see what we see. The fact we disagree isn't wrong and tbh (your stating that what they write is inaccurate or wrong is based on what - your opinion), I haven't seen many posters saying Joe shouldn't be given the opportunity. From what I have read on this thread, many are just stating that they think Joe will struggle adapting to Peps needs (again, simply opinions). The fact we are linked with so many keepers would appear to support this though, would you agree?

My personal view is that Joe needs much stiffer competition that he has had these last few seasons, and if we do end up bringing in a better keeper, surely that is a win win is it not?

Not agitated at all...just disagree with you...The bit that i disagree with is that people seem to be saying Hart definitely won't be able to adapt.....well I think he has an equally good chance of it.

Noticed ter stegen int he first half vs Liverpool gave a couple of poor kicks down field that went straight to liverpool players as well....so even he can make mistakes at it just like hart does and probably will

As far as the media are concerned, I would check the date twice if it was printed on a newspaper.

Harts biggest fault has always been his distribution. This in a team where it wasn't all that vital.

The goalkeeper, as has been done to death on this thread, is probably the most important part of Peps system.

I agree that Hart should be given an opportunity and who's to say he won't surprise us. However anyone who has contrived to believe, based on what they have seen so far, that he has the necessary understanding to do what Pep will ask, is watching the wrong sport.

I hope he's given a chance and I hope he proves me wrong because he's a quality shot stopper and a great character. But if him staying weakens us them I'm not for it.

The Express are perhaps the least reliable British paper when it comes to football 'exclusives'.

I don't believe there's a chance we'll sign Ter Stegen, but for the first time in a few years the manager will be the decision maker on transfers.
I said all along there could be some unpopular sales and Hart MAY be a casualty of Pep's revolution, I just don't think it'll be this summer.
I don't know if anyone heard Paul Lambert on 5Live's Monday Night Club, last week, but he was recalling watching Bayern train, ahead of playing a side who pressed high up the pitch (think it was Hanover).
He said it was the best session he'd ever seen, but he also said the most important player in the session was.............Neuer.
Said everything went through him to negate the pressing. He said all other coaches would play it long when being pressed, but Pep said that wasn't the answer as the opposition could win the ball easily.
If he doesn't see this in Hart's game (and to be truthful not many do) he will get someone in who does, I'm sure.
I just hope Hart can get on board with this as he's as much City as Zaba, Kompany etc...

Status
Not open for further replies.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.