Marc-Andre ter Stegen

Status
Not open for further replies.
A question to those opposed to this. If Caballero leaves and we're not ready to promote any youngsters, what kind of goalkeeper do you think we should look at?

Hart's one of the few who actually puts 100% in week in, week out and has been consistent this season especially.

I haven't seen much of Ter Stegen but have always been aware of his potential over the years. I suppose we'll need a new second keeper and Pep must rate him.

He's not coming here as a second choice keeper. He wants to leave the best team in the world because he only gets to play cup games. If he comes, Hart will be relegated to the bench.

He's not coming here as a second choice keeper. He wants to leave the best team in the world because he only gets to play cup games. If he comes, Hart will be relegated to the bench.
Only if he doesn't impress enough to keep his place. Which I imagine is the same for every position on the pitch.

Only if he doesn't impress enough to keep his place. Which I imagine is the same for every position on the pitch.

Well I think Ter-Stegen has been promised first team football and will be Pep's automatic number one. He won't leave Barca and turn down Liverpool if he's not atleast given the promise from Pep.

See I think Neuer is a great shot stopper and a massive presence, but I also think he causes tonnes of problems with his supposed 'reading of the game'. He makes some rash decisions and puts his side in danger when there really is no need. Just recently against Juve he could have easily have been at fault for two goals (one was disallowed). The sweeper keepers has almost become as fashionable as the defensive midfielder. I understand the need for it but imo he gets involved in situations where his services aren't needed. Problem is, whenever he leaves his area to take the ball, everyone raves about how world class he is.

It's a weird one, he is probably the best in the world, but I still think his 'sweeping' is too risky and unnecessary at times.

He's seems to take a long time to set himself for one on ones and gets beaten by strikers who take an early shot before he can sort his feet out.

Most have him down as the best in the world and even he has weaknesses. This is why I'm worried we'd be replacing Joe with a different keeper rather than an overall better one. Although, as Domalino pointed out, Pep and his team know what they're doing.

Well I think Ter-Stegen has been promised first team football and will be Pep's automatic number one. He won't leave Barca and turn down Liverpool if he's not atleast given the promise from Pep.
He might just have enough self belief that he thinks he can win a place fair and square? Whatever the outcome, I'd rather this than a second rate journeyman. What will be will be.

Not really sure about this. Yes we need a much better backup keeper than we currently have... but to replace Joe? And even worse, spend 20m+ on it? Why??

I don't see our Goalkeeper as a priority, Joe Hart is a fantastic keeper, imho.

Not really sure about this. Yes we need a much better backup keeper than we currently have... but to replace Joe? And even worse, spend 20m+ on it? Why??

I don't see our Goalkeeper as a priority, Joe Hart is a fantastic keeper, imho.
It's pure media bollocks as far as I'm concerned, why anyone thinks it's got legs is beyond me.

It's pure media bollocks as far as I'm concerned, why anyone thinks it's got legs is beyond me.

Because everyone who isn't just upset at the idea of a player we all love leaving can see that right now Joe Hart is incompatible with the way Pep Guardiola wants to play?

It's a requirement that the goalkeeper is comfortable knocking the ball around the back four under pressure, and Joe isn't.

So either Joe adapts or Pep will replace him. I hope he adapts, but it makes sense that Guardiola would get another goalkeeper who can do what he wants in case Hart can't.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.