Marc-Andre ter Stegen

Status
Not open for further replies.
Fans don't seem to think having a great goalkeeper is a big deal. Joe's not great, he's very good. He's a fanstastic shotstopper but he's a terrible flapper on crosses, doesn't command his area and his distribution is average.

All things that this chap is rather strong on. We wouldn't put up with a midfielder who isn't quite in line with our ambitions- why put up with a keeper who's not quite the whole package?

Joe is a great keeper, how can you say he isn't? He's been consistently the best keeper in the prem for years. He was brilliant at Birmingham, came back to us and won golden gloves four times I think and also heading for another this season. Replacing joe would be a huge mistake, I'll be pissed off if we sign a keeper when there's many more problems within this squad. I'd say joe is at the bottom of the list of the players to be replaced.

I think Joe Hart's distribution is quite poor and I think Pep realises the value of keeping possession.

Joe Hart has been amazing for City I'll never knock the lad but I can see why Pep may have identified him as a weak link in terms of the very top level.

Be a daft decision. Stegen great with his feet, but Joe Hart is the better keeper. His distribution will look better once he has more technically capable passing options in front of him. At the highest level, Joe Hart has probably been our stand out performer given the quality of a good few of his top European displays. And he's English.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.