Marc-Andre ter Stegen

Status
Not open for further replies.
There's not a chance he's being brought in to challenge Hart or to play second fiddle. You don't pay £20M for a keeper and then stick him on the bench, and anyone who thinks Joe will stick around warming a bench while Butland gets his England spot is seriously deluded. Joe has to say he will fight for his place, not doing so would be unthinkable and he would get crucified if it was thought he'd just given up. If we buy this new fella then we will get offers this summer for Joe and the club will listen to them. That's all the excuse Joe will need, we sign Stegan then Joe will be off in the summer. I just hope it isn't to Liverpool, who are desperate to replace Mignolet. Or to the rags, who will be looking for a new keeper when De Gea fucks off.
I don't think Joe will leave. I can't say for sure what will happen, I've not got a clue what his thinking is, but my gut feeling (which I appreciate counts for fuck all) says he is a big enough character to try and hold his place.
I don't think the price is that excessive either, which I suppose is more to do with just how ridiculous transfers have become over the last few years.

That's harsh considering one of those cup ties is in the biggest competition in club football. It's a bit different than playing against championship teams in the league cup. If Barca get to the final he'll have the worlds spotlight on him, if he can handle that he should be able to cope with the premier league.

Fair enough. It's still a move we don't need to make IMO. One that carries the potential for significant loss (Hart leaving) versus minimal gain

I don't think Joe will leave. I can't say for sure what will happen, I've not got a clue what his thinking is, but my gut feeling (which I appreciate counts for fuck all) says he is a big enough character to try and hold his place.
I don't think the price is that excessive either, which I suppose is more to do with just how ridiculous transfers have become over the last few years.

He will have no choice but to say he's staying and battling for his place. Anything less would seriously undermine his credentials. We sign this fella and City will have effectively backed Hart into a corner. If he stays and accepts his new role as sub then City will be happy. If we get offers for him, and we will, they will still be happy. World class keeper who is English means we could probably get more than we paid for Stegan. I strongly suspect we accept a good offer and cash in, and that gives Joe the perfect excuse to leave.

He will have no choice but to say he's staying and battling for his place. Anything less would seriously undermine his credentials. We sign this fella and City will have effectively backed Hart into a corner. If he stays and accepts his new role as sub then City will be happy. If we get offers for him, and we will, they will still be happy. World class keeper who is English means we could probably get more than we paid for Stegan. I strongly suspect we accept a good offer and cash in, and that gives Joe the perfect excuse to leave.
It would break his heart to have to leave,he bleeds blue.I wish people wouldn't go for the shiny new player when we have a huge gem already in our hands

If Joe leaves, that leaves us open once again to pay a stupid price for a 'home grown' player, unless we bring them through the ranks

It would break his heart to have to leave,he bleeds blue.I wish people wouldn't go for the shiny new player when we have a huge gem already in our hands
Sorry Karen, I can't accept that last part. Nobody wants rid of Joe because there's a shiny new toy available. I see a top quality keeper who might be available and willing to come to the club. We're going to be one short in the Summer so have to buy somebody. I don't like the idea of signing somebody inferior just to keep Hart happy.

Sorry Karen, I can't accept that last part. Nobody wants rid of Joe because there's a shiny new toy available. I see a top quality keeper who might be available and willing to come to the club. We're going to be one short in the Summer so have to buy somebody. I don't like the idea of signing somebody inferior just to keep Hart happy.
I'm just being a girl

Status
Not open for further replies.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.