Marc Cucurella

Status
Not open for further replies.
Well Brighton used examples of Walker and Cancelo when we went to then so if Barcelona come in for Bernardo then I'd hope we'd use Cucurella as an example.
Walker had lots of premier league experience and was an international player whereas Cancelo was playing regularly in the UCL for the best team in Italy at the time. Cucurella has had 1 season of premier league experience and played at getafe before that

Shows he didnt want to join us and we dont keep or sign players who dont want to be here. Moving on.

he already burned his bridge with the club and their fans by handing the transfer request. To suggest he should hold up will be pretty daft for him, can't blame he join the other when opportunity arises to save his own skin rather than staying on already burning bridges.

You do understand that's not how football works, right?
£32m is fair value for Zinchenko. £62m for Cucurella is insanity.

If Haaland is worth £51m then how could Grealish cost double?
If Coutinho was worth £140m then Bernardo is worth £250m
If Messi was a free transfer then how could you spend £45M more on Kalvin Phillips.

It's silly. Zinchenko was a player who wanted out and we were happy to facilitate because:
A. He wasn't really a good enough left-back, long term
B. We don't want unhappy players at the club
C. Players being listened to and treated like human beings is a great selling point for the club when looking for recruits.

Also whats the benefit of being a "better player" but a worse left back when you play at left-back?
I get that, but..

Haaland was a release Clause. Completely different.

Brighton obviously thought Cucurella was worth way above 50m, and they've got the money they wanted.

As we say Bernardo is a massive part of our team, if we let him go for 60-80m just because he wants to leave then I would be extremely disappointed. Football is a business.

When you look at the fee Chelsea paid we've almost give Zinchenko away.

If Cucurella is worth 62m, Zinchenko has to be worth 60m atleast.

Cucurella might be a better Left Back, but Zinchenko is a better Footballer.
35M for Zinchenko was a great deal for us, if he was so good and a bargain why did he not seem to have any other clubs knocking his door down?

35M for Zinchenko was a great deal for us, if he was so good and a bargain why did he not seem to have any other clubs knocking his door down?
I get the fact not alot of people rate Zin on this forum, but I think you'll be eating your words. I think at Arsenal he will show the Premier League how good he is when played regularly, as will Gabriel Jesus.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.