Marc Cucurella

Status
Not open for further replies.
Not sure if it was me but after watching the highlights of Saturday night, Courtois cleary played very well but the saves he made were all saves you would expect a top class keeper to make, there were no worldie's for me.
I actually put it down to positioning.
Some keepers make these saves look very routine. It’s down to being in the right position initially.

I will support any City player through thick and thin. But your raised a point about the keeper. When I watched the CL final I could not help but think if Ederson faced some of those shots they would have gone in. Now, I love Ederson, but can not help but think he is six inches too short . His distribution is epic, but in a sense can not stop thinking that is some way he is protected by our possession stats and not having to make many saves. ????
I think if Ederson had of been in goals for Real the dippers would have won comfortably

I think if Ederson had of been in goals for Real the dippers would have won comfortably
Your point that Eddy doesn't save as much as he should is a valid one but the fact is he is perfect for us. We only let in 26 all season and Eddy kept 20 clean sheets and that is as much down to the way we play, on the front foot all the time, and good defending and at times great goalkeeping. His weakness is his shop stopping but he's brave as a lion and his distribution is the best I've ever seen. Get a better second keeper in and we will probably see a better Ederson.

Your point that Eddy doesn't save as much as he should is a valid one but the fact is he is perfect for us. We only let in 26 all season and Eddy kept 20 clean sheets and that is as much down to the way we play, on the front foot all the time, and good defending and at times great goalkeeping. His weakness is his shop stopping but he's brave as a lion and his distribution is the best I've ever seen. Get a better second keeper in and we will probably see a better Ederson.
I’d love to see Bazunu as second keeper. If he was guaranteed cups and and a few appearances in the league, I wonder would he go for it.

That's not true, Southampton are looking to sign him not sure if loan or sell, but it isn't confirmed that he will leave

was reported all over at the end of the season

"I've got to go and meet some people at Manchester City and see what they have to say, but my aim is just to go and play again. I've got to continue to get games under my belt and keep these experiences coming. So whatever they say, I will take it into consideration and I'll make the best choice I can."

Status
Not open for further replies.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.