Marc Cucurella

Status
Not open for further replies.
You need to chill and stop panicking. We have won the league 4/5 seasons. Cancelo was regarding as one of the best if not the best fullback playing at left back.

City have long passed the stage where they paid well over their valuation of a player. If we don't sign a full-back there is no major impact as we have solutions

The end of last season was bad luck in that the injuries all happened to the defence at the critical time. If not we would have been fine.

Our major rivals Liverpool have no better backups to first teamers.

Of course it would be better if we signed Cucurella but its hardly a disaster if we are unable to
Bro, tell me, what is that argument about winning the league IN COMMON with signing a left-back? IMO zero in common, because that position is a weakness and we have to upgrade it. It has zero in common if we have won the league or not. It's not an argument in terms of signing a left-back or not. That position is a weakness for ages for us and every club apart from City would like to solve that problem ;)

Fully agree with Ahsan. It's the most important position to improve and we are playing a stubborn game when we need to sign one player. In one year, or two years it would be still the same unsolved problem. It's not a wish, but an obligation. Everyone is happy with Haaland, ok, but that unsolved problem is alarming.

Zin is our Swiss Army Knife he can play in lots of positions not just left back. We should keep him for that reason and buy Cuc for left back. It doesn’t have to be a replacement if it makes sense.

Zin is our Swiss Army Knife he can play in lots of positions not just left back. We should keep him for that reason and buy Cuc for left back. It doesn’t have to be a replacement if it makes sense.
As I said before. We need a LB regardless he stays or not.

OK, I get the human aspect and I agree, but is Zinchenko a top left-back? For me no. So why is this a huge problem to sign anyone just for an upgrade? I simply don't get it that the club has left this unsolved problem for ages. It's never a priority for us, but Zinchenko will be targeted as he was by the counterattacking teams. Simply I don't understand "Here we Go" from Fabri and upgrades from Ornstein about Zinchenko and still our stubbornness about "not meeting the asking price" for Cucurella.
We don’t know how good Cucu will be until signed. We do know that Zin fights and works hard for the team albeit with limitations.

It is not a priority because we have players of quality who can step in when needed. If Zin goes we will buy a lb.

The fee is too high for Cucu.

We don’t know how good Cucu will be until signed. We do know that Zin fights and works hard for the team albeit with limitations.

It is not a priority because we have players of quality who can step in when needed. If Zin goes we will buy a lb.

Everyone knows that the fee would be too high, but better to pay 5-10m£ more than stay with the problem for the next year. We don't know if there is a possibility we would sign anyone cheaper. Everyone knows for ages that we should pay 50M£.

Cucurella will be starting left back within a month and half of joining. Left footed , orthodox, great defensively which our left backs struggle at. He joins he starts, kept Salah quiet at anfield when Salah was in his best form last season

Cucurella will be starting left back within a month and half of joining. Left footed , orthodox, great defensively which our left backs struggle at. He joins he starts, kept Salah quiet at anfield when Salah was in his best form last season
I admire your optimism and hope you are correct. However, if we have to go with Zin again we would be fine. It’s not a problem position.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.