Marc Cucurella

Status
Not open for further replies.
Not really

Kane has been among the best strikers of the last what, 8 or so years?
On track for the highest prem goalscorer of all time
In the prime of his career
For a champions league chasing club, with revenues not far off our own plus their highest earner
In his prime years with 3 years plus on his deal
Team of the year candate every year
Golden Boot winner on more than one occasion
English
Levy

Cucurella is Brighton player of the year, but last year they picked him up for nothing
He has no affiliation to Brighton as he's been there a year
Probably on crap wages
Less sexy/important a position (especially given we've won titles with 3 non-natural LB in Cnacelo, Zinch and Delph under pep)
More alternatives
Just offered our first deal
Prem club but could use the money as they'll never compete for Europe so their revenues are tiny

We've only just started negotiations with Cucurella/Brighton, have some patience
They didn’t “pick him up for nothing”, they paid £15mil for him.

The plan, ( it seems to me) is that we'll try to get Cucu for whatever value we deem worth, and then flip to substitute options if the valuation by Brighton is ridiculously above ours.

It's no different than how Chelsea balked at our Ake valuation and went and got Koulibally and potentially Kimpembe instead.

In my view there are just many players of comparable defensive quality, that you can always balk at these valuations.

I personally would rather have Sosa if his attacking impetus will translate. There is a Dani Alves vibe to Sosa with his movement and crossing. Even if Cucu is a more complete footballer.
It’s more experience at this stage for Pep, rather than potential…. Although only 1 year he’s shown his adaptability so the risk is less a worry, also coupled with his early development at Barca the speed to integrate would be quicker…. I’m a bit ‘meh’ personally but Pep and the team invariably get it right!

The plan, ( it seems to me) is that we'll try to get Cucu for whatever value we deem worth, and then flip to substitute options if the valuation by Brighton is ridiculously above ours.

It's no different than how Chelsea balked at our Ake valuation and went and got Koulibally and potentially Kimpembe instead.

In my view there are just many players of comparable defensive quality, that you can always balk at these valuations.

I personally would rather have Sosa if his attacking impetus will translate. There is a Dani Alves vibe to Sosa with his movement and crossing. Even if Cucu is a more complete footballer.

I've not seen a single match of his so my input won't carry any real weight but my impression from a quick bit of research is that Cucurella is a far more complete player with Sosa being a superb crosser.

Personally, I'd take the extra defensive solidity Cucurella seems to have.

I know what you're saying about how we'll move on if our valuations don't match and that obviously makes sense but I'd just rather we make that decision quickly. The fact that we've not moved on yet suggests to me that we'll see this through, unless Brighton move the goalposts.

Supersilva and Mattyb just pop in and drop the no nonsense info that presumably is good. Love it. Let’s get to fkin work

Status
Not open for further replies.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.