Marc Cucurella

Status
Not open for further replies.
If Brighton had paid £5mil for Cucurella last summer then I’d understand us thinking his value is circa £30mil, but we aren’t that stupid as to think Bloom will accept that figure and just double his money when we all know top drawer full backs go for circa £50mil.

It’ll get done, and we will pay pretty much what they want.
If only for the optics to Brighton fans, it will need to start with a £4X
Bloom will insist on that
The add-ons will be easy and take it up to £49m, so both sides can claim victory
Still think there might be some madness eg Delap could end up there as part of the deal?

I'd be amazed if that happens. More likely they say he has been in breach of contract and fuck him off
Until the moment he might be convicted or acquitted of any criminal offence, he remains a person of good character under the law.
He is still being paid his basic salary as per employment law.
That is the same for anybody. Horrible but true
The monster ex policeman Wayne Couzens was being paid by the Met right up to his guilty plea, for example. They didn't want to but the law says they had to
Shipman was being paid a hefty amount every month until the day he threw a rope up
A jury will decide what happens next
The case remains sub judice so any further speculation is not helpful for @Ric and the forum generally

I really like the look of Cucurella but i think we should have had a back up options ( still may have) if Brighton are too greedy and price him out of a move.

I think we have missed out on signing Calvin Bassey from Rangers for less than 20M. He has just signed for Ajax. Now I'm only judging the lad on two European games I've seen him but I think he looked classy, composed and accomplished. Or am I overestimating him?

I really like the look of Cucurella but i think we should have had a back up options ( still may have) if Brighton are too greedy and price him out of a move.

I think we have missed out on signing Calvin Bassey from Rangers for less than 20M. He has just signed for Ajax. Now I'm only judging the lad on two European games I've seen him but I think he looked classy, composed and accomplished. Or am I overestimating him?
My sense is we do have a backup option. We just aren't there yet. The Cicu negotiating just started. We don't need to be in a hurry to go nowhere.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.