Marc Cucurella

Status
Not open for further replies.
If Brighton had paid £5mil for Cucurella last summer then I’d understand us thinking his value is circa £30mil, but we aren’t that stupid as to think Bloom will accept that figure and just double his money when we all know top drawer full backs go for circa £50mil.

It’ll get done, and we will pay pretty much what they want.

And you know what? I’ll put my head on the block and say it — Pep will take a good player and make him very good. And twelve months up the road we’ll wonder what we were even whingeing about.

Just pay up or move on quickly.

Still struggle to believe we really think the guy is worth £30m. It just doesn't really stack up.

Part of me thinks it's bullshit and we wouldn't have sold Zinchenko without having a proper plan but a smaller part of me knows that much, much weirder stuff has happened.

What I don't get is why'd we sell Zinchenko without a replacement first? Surely this strengthens Brighton's position knowing we absolutely want a replacement now. I have seen alternative targets but it's a bit surprising the way we've gone about this. Maybe I am reaching and they are going to get him soon anyway, but from what we've read or heard so far, it isn't ideal.
I`m certain I read the other day theres about 50 days left before the transfer window shuts !!

Why didn't we place a more realistic bid to start. And if we won't pay 50m or close why will they accept it.

This is starting to feel a bit Kane-y, isn't it?
Not really

Kane has been among the best strikers of the last what, 8 or so years?
On track for the highest prem goalscorer of all time
In the prime of his career
For a champions league chasing club, with revenues not far off our own plus their highest earner
In his prime years with 3 years plus on his deal
Team of the year candate every year
Golden Boot winner on more than one occasion
English
Levy

Cucurella is Brighton player of the year, but last year they picked him up for nothing
He has no affiliation to Brighton as he's been there a year
Probably on crap wages
Less sexy/important a position (especially given we've won titles with 3 non-natural LB in Cnacelo, Zinch and Delph under pep)
More alternatives
Just offered our first deal
Prem club but could use the money as they'll never compete for Europe so their revenues are tiny

We've only just started negotiations with Cucurella/Brighton, have some patience

Just pay up or move on quickly.

Still struggle to believe we really think the guy is worth £30m. It just doesn't really stack up.

Part of me thinks it's bullshit and we wouldn't have sold Zinchenko without having a proper plan but a smaller part of me knows that much, much weirder stuff has happened.
The plan, ( it seems to me) is that we'll try to get Cucu for whatever value we deem worth, and then flip to substitute options if the valuation by Brighton is ridiculously above ours.

It's no different than how Chelsea balked at our Ake valuation and went and got Koulibally and potentially Kimpembe instead.

In my view there are just many players of comparable defensive quality, that you can always balk at these valuations.

I personally would rather have Sosa if his attacking impetus will translate. There is a Dani Alves vibe to Sosa with his movement and crossing. Even if Cucu is a more complete footballer.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.