Marc Cucurella

Status
Not open for further replies.
Regardless of your view on Zin, we sold him for £30m with an established pedigree of winning titles in an elite team, under a manager widely considered to be one of the greats.

Cucurella has little such pedigree, standing out in a mid-table side for 12 months.

Brighton are entitled to ask what they want for him and City do clearly see him as a talent, but I don't think we are taking the piss bidding in the thirties.

It's a bizarre stance City have taken waiting to bid for the player, selling Zin first and telegraphing our needs.

Both teams are already deep in to their preparations for the new season.

All that won't help us on the final price.

Yea not worried at all. Looks like city are trying to get the price down to around £40M+ some add ons. We've sold our only leverage in zinchenko, cucurella has 4 years left in this contract and Brighton know they don't have to sell. City will have to pay up if we want him. Would be foolish to expect anything here.

Until the moment he might be convicted or acquitted of any criminal offence, he remains a person of good character under the law.
He is still being paid his basic salary as per employment law.
That is the same for anybody. Horrible but true
The monster ex policeman Wayne Couzens was being paid by the Met right up to his guilty plea, for example. They didn't want to but the law says they had to
Shipman was being paid a hefty amount every month until the day he threw a rope up
A jury will decide what happens next
The case remains sub judice so any further speculation is not helpful for @Ric and the forum generally
As you well know, there was not one single bit of speculation about his case in my post. I am also full aware of the sub judice principle, thankyou.

Regardless of your view on Zin, we sold him for £30m with an established pedigree of winning titles in an elite team, under a manager widely considered to be one of the greats.

Cucurella has little such pedigree, standing out in a mid-table side for 12 months.

Brighton are entitled to ask what they want for him and City do clearly see him as a talent, but I don't think we are taking the piss bidding in the thirties.

It's a bizarre stance City have taken waiting to bid for the player, selling Zin first and telegraphing our needs.

Both teams are already deep in to their preparations for the new season.

All that won't help us on the final price.

Unless city have kept the player in the loop about their plans for bids etc i`m sure Cucurella wont exactly be impressed we arent going for him full steam? Whatever the plan we need a proper left back this summer.

In simple terms, Bloom sold Ben White with ready replacements available, Arsenal wanted him and paid the asking Price ie: "£50 Million".

Similar situation albeit Cucu within his first season at Brighton is a guaranteed first team starter without ever going out on loan to develop (White), played as a wingback for his first season for Potter for the first time and smashed it getting player of the season!

When City approach saying he is the no.1 target although we understand he is in year 1 of a 5 year contract with Brighton...WHY would Bloom accept £30 million after Arsenal paid the asking price of £50 million for their no.1 target last year?

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.