Marc Cucurella

Status
Not open for further replies.
Regardless of your view on Zin, we sold him for £30m with an established pedigree of winning titles in an elite team, under a manager widely considered to be one of the greats.

Cucurella has little such pedigree, standing out in a mid-table side for 12 months.

Brighton are entitled to ask what they want for him and City do clearly see him as a talent, but I don't think we are taking the piss bidding in the thirties.

It's a bizarre stance City have taken waiting to bid for the player, selling Zin first and telegraphing our needs.

Both teams are already deep in to their preparations for the new season.

All that won't help us on the final price.
Bizarre. Spot on.

And so begins the cat and mouse game... of us ending up paying the asking price

Which I couldn't care less about, just get the left back position sorted

Cucurellas agent will start doing something here soon. If Brighton don’t accept a bid. He did it at Barca to get Cucurella out. It’s why I’m wary of signing him.

Regardless of your view on Zin, we sold him for £30m with an established pedigree of winning titles in an elite team, under a manager widely considered to be one of the greats.

Cucurella has little such pedigree, standing out in a mid-table side for 12 months.

Brighton are entitled to ask what they want for him and City do clearly see him as a talent, but I don't think we are taking the piss bidding in the thirties.

It's a bizarre stance City have taken waiting to bid for the player, selling Zin first and telegraphing our needs.

But what did we expect? As this Brighton journo says below it was always going to take that to get him so why waste everyone’s time with such a low opening offer. Bloom will not be bullied into accepting a lower offer.

I have said this all along but many on here wont have it. There is absolutely no way on earth Cucurella is worth more than Zin at this current time. I think £32m for Zin was too little and £50m for Cucurella is far too much. The only way you pay more Cucurella is if there is a belief that his ceiling is much higher...a big leap after one season at Brighton.

Interesting that Pep talks about Ake covering at LB. I would have thought if you wanted someone to 'do a job' you would stick with the guy that has had a pretty successful crack at it over the past few years. I'm guessing Chelsea had an approx. £40m offer on the table for Ake? That is the money we should have taken for the 4th choice CB and 3rd choice LB, who despite playing in two positions had significantly less minutes than Zin last season. Surely nobody thinks going into the season with a Cancelo/Ake LB option is better than the Cancelo/Zin option?

Not sure why we waited so long to start this whole process.

Why should fans and other clubs know every why behind our behaviour on the transfer market? We'd be foolish to be completely transparent in our reasoning.

There may be a good reason why we are making our first offer for Cucu only after we sold Zinch.

I'm pretty relaxed. People were worrying last summer we wouldn't compete for the league without a recognised striker. We won the league scoring 99 goals. Trust Pep and the club. Apparently, we are confident that a quality LB will arrive. It's virtually guaranteed that we have identified several options for a new LB.

From the sounds of these quotes there isn't a backup to cucurella. It's a bit like Kane. It's cucurella or bust! More likely bust considering they aren't dropping that price from 50m in our wildest dreams.

TBH. I don't think Cucu worth 50M but he definitely worth more than 30M. 40m + add on is more reasonable.

In simple terms, Bloom sold Ben White with ready replacements available, Arsenal wanted him and paid the casting Price ie: "£50 Million".

Similar situation albeit Cucu within his first season at Brighton is a guaranteed first team starter without ecer going out on loan to develop (White), played as a wingback for his first season for Potter for the first time and smashed it getting player of the season!

When City approach saying he is the no.1 target although we understand he is in year 1 of a 5 year contract with Brighton...WHY would Bloom accept £30 million after Arsenal paid the asking price of £50 million for their no.1 target last year?
We probably knew you weren't going to accept £30m but why would we come in straight away with an offer of £50m? Were going to test the water with a lower offer and see how the negotiation goes.

I suspect City will hope we can meet in the middle somewhere and if not we will simply walk away and look elsewhere.

TBH. I don't think Cucu worth 50M but he definitely worth more than 30M. 40m + add on is more reasonable.
It's irrelevant really what we think he's worth- you aren't going to convince brighton he's worth less than 50m- I think walking away damages us more than them also.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.