Marc Cucurella

Status
Not open for further replies.
Thought Josh looked good at left back, think he needs to play first team football a loan somewhere now or given 10/15 games with us this season so he can mature in that position..

I think this as well, but then I remember we went in to last season with 0 Strikers and 9 midfielders haha
Which makes me think they could go into the season with two fullbacks in the squad, which is some really scary stuff, especially after the last part of last season where we barely had 1 fullback fit :/

Not really

Kane has been among the best strikers of the last what, 8 or so years?
On track for the highest prem goalscorer of all time
In the prime of his career
For a champions league chasing club, with revenues not far off our own plus their highest earner
In his prime years with 3 years plus on his deal
Team of the year candate every year
Golden Boot winner on more than one occasion
English
Levy

Cucurella is Brighton player of the year, but last year they picked him up for nothing
He has no affiliation to Brighton as he's been there a year
Probably on crap wages
Less sexy/important a position (especially given we've won titles with 3 non-natural LB in Cnacelo, Zinch and Delph under pep)
More alternatives
Just offered our first deal
Prem club but could use the money as they'll never compete for Europe so their revenues are tiny

We've only just started negotiations with Cucurella/Brighton, have some patience

Player who is our obvious target in a position we need to buy, on a long contract with the selling club having no real reason to shift him, who we somehow seem to think we can get at a price nowhere near the realistic amount needed. Negotiations only just started, okay, but the vibes are there. I really don't the fact that it's a "less sexy" position (ooh, err) will change anything. We'll see. I suspect in the end we'll just have to stump up the cash, since we literally only have one left-back right now, and he is also cover for the right-back spot.

Ideally, I think we should by a full-back on both sides.

Player who is our obvious target in a position we need to buy, on a long contract with the selling club having no real reason to shift him, who we somehow seem to think we can get at a price nowhere near the realistic amount needed. Negotiations only just started, okay, but the vibes are there. I really don't the fact that it's a "less sexy" position (ooh, err) will change anything. We'll see. I suspect in the end we'll just have to stump up the cash, since we literally only have one left-back right now, and he is also cover for the right-back spot.

Ideally, I think we should by a full-back on both sides.

I think the depth will come from youth but ideally we'd have 3 senior fullbacks

4 titles from the last 5 seasons. And people worry the club might be unprofessional enough to force Pep to play with just two (experienced) FBs. City are the best run club in the world or up there with the very best. Enjoy it and be happy :)
Pep really established dominance. But you cannot deny that selling Zinchenko without having Cucurella already lined up is a bit odd.

And history has shown us that City could definitely go into a season without a main positions filled (ie striker last and cb two seasons ago when Kompany left). I understand why people are worried. But I agree the worry should be reserved until August really.

I think this as well, but then I remember we went in to last season with 0 Strikers and 9 midfielders haha

And we scored more goals than any of Ferguson's and Klopp's teams: 99 in the league and 150 in all competitions (most in Europe last season!!). In contrast, United and Liverpool have never scored 150 goals in a season.

Pep really established dominance. But you cannot deny that selling Zinchenko without having Cucurella already lined up is a bit odd.

It's not odd for me.

Again: why should we fans know all reasons behind our actions on the transfer market? We would be a terribly run club if fans and rival clubs knew our thoughts and intentions.

But what did we expect? As this Brighton journo says below it was always going to take that to get him so why waste everyone’s time with such a low opening offer. Bloom will not be bullied into accepting a lower offer.

What do you think would happen if City went straight in with an offer of, let's say, £45m?
I'll tell you, Bloom would reject it and put up the asking price to £60m. He's another Levy. That is why City are lowballing. Not to take the piss out of Brighton, but to stop Brighton taking the piss out of us.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.