Marc Cucurella

Status
Not open for further replies.
Someone posted a tweet here appearing to be from Cucurella where he’s shared an article by that chancer Remario or whatever he’s called, he added “#FreeCucurella” so assume fake

lol! i`m sure that would have been fake as well mate, dont think Cucurella is at that point yet.

40+ days of the transfer window to close this out, plenty of time to sort it.

Hope he does join I bet a few months ago at 12/1.

I strongly doubt that if this is going to happen it will go to the end of the window. It's in no-one's interests. Not ours, not Brighton's. If it's going to get done, at whatever price, I expect it to be done by the end of this month or beginning of August at the latest.

You still paid those prices and I can name others like Walker for £50m 5 years ago. Again why is it unreasonable that you pay about the same fee as all those other players.

I'm not that bothered by the £50m valuation, as Bloom can set it at whatever he feels is right and is in a good position regarding contract years left. I don't think the examples you give are worth comparing though, as at the point of sale:

Mendy - title winner with Monaco and key role in run to CL semis
Laporte - 6 years at Bilbao in La Liga, Cup winner, team of the year
Cancelo - league winner with Benfica & Juve, Portuguese international, UEFA Nations League winner
Ake - Dutch International (not a bad comparison here)
Walker - England International, 6/7 years PL experience, team of the year, CL experience
Dias - League & Cup Winner with Benfica, CL experience, UEFA Nations League winner

Whether you think their cost and valuation is right etc is a different matter but I wouldn't do a like for like comparison.

Hopefully we can get him for about £37.5 million with £2.5 million for 100 appearances, £2.5 million for a premier league winners medal and £2.5 million for a champions league winners medal added on. That seems fair and a great profit for Brighton.

Talksport fella reckons the £30 mill bid was dowin to one reason only, the money men are tightening the purse strings. City without an endless purse, could be interesting.

City haven't had an endless purse for, probably over a decade now, despite what you may think. Saying that, with the sales from this year outweighing expenditure, £50m would likely still leave City in net profit from transfers...

No I rate him at £10m as you rejected an £8m bid from us. There was no reports he would throw his toys out the bag. Infact up until now he seems very happy here and seems to only want to leave us for you.

I have said several time we have been here before with players. Two players spent many a hapy season with us after they wanted a move and the other got his move but for double the price of the original bid.

I do think that £30m bid was used to unsettle him,and because of that underhand tactic I hope we stick to our guns.
Underhand tactic!! That’s the funniest thing you’ve said so far lol

I don't know a single thing about player negociatons but every other multi million deal I know of is conducted secretly face to face.
Not saying it does not happen but unless either side won't answer the phone I cannot see the sense in telling the media or a non negociater a single thing about details of such a massive financial undertaking.

Am I naive?

I reckon you're probably spot on. With the proviso, however, that it may be in the interests of one or the other parties, in a case where there is considerable public interest, to accidentally-on-purpose leak a detail or two. Or let someone know who they then know will leak it.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.