Marc Cucurella

Status
Not open for further replies.
No I rate him at £10m as you rejected an £8m bid from us. There was no reports he would throw his toys out the bag. Infact up until now he seems very happy here and seems to only want to leave us for you.

I have said several time we have been here before with players. Two players spent many a hapy season with us after they wanted a move and the other got his move but for double the price of the original bid.

I do think that £30m bid was used to unsettle him,and because of that underhand tactic I hope we stick to our guns.
Just on your last line, I can honestly say that - if we did bid 30m (which neither you nor we know) - it will have been solely down to the 'City tax' that English clubs in particular put on their players when we come calling (as someone stated yesterday, if we would have bid 45m immediately, you would probably be taking that as a sign that we would pay about 10m more).

We know that, in an ideal world you don't want to let him go, and that's normal, but football is what it is with the bigger fish snapping up the smaller ones (as happened to us when Everton came for Paul Power, when Liverpool came for Paul Lake which would have happened if not for his knee injury, when Chelsea came calling for SWP, when Bayern came calling for Leroy Sané, when Juve came for Carlos Tevez, when Barça came for Eric Garcia, when Real came for Brahim Diaz etc. etc.)

My feeling is, like it or not (and I didn't like any of the above deals), he'll end up coming this summer for a fee not too far away from what we actually believe is true value to be, which I suspect is around the 45m mark (although, as I say, I have absolutely zero clue numbers-wise what our value of his worth is).

(also, final thing, any comparison to the Ben White transfer is completely inapplicable as - probably as a result of reduced financial power linked to the COVID pandemic - football clubs around the world have been doing transfer deals this summer for considerably less than might have been expected in previous transfer windows).

Ultimately, its nowt personal between ourselves and yourselves as the majority of right thinking people on here were around before the money and can identify perfectly well with your point of view.

We didn't reject an £8m offer from you, City denied it, wasn't even remotely true.

McAtee had offers from United and Liverpool to join on a free transfer just six months ago, so why the fuck do you think he would contemplate a move to Brighton?

City turned down £20m plus from Southampton for Liam Delap just a month ago, so your derisory valuation of McAtee, considered one of the best young players in the country at his age, is amusing.
With a buy back, sell on clause and match any bid in both the Bazunu and Lavia deal I’m surprised we didn’t send Delap to Southampton as well.

Talksport fella reckons the £30 mill bid was dowin to one reason only, the money men are tightening the purse strings. City without an endless purse, could be interesting.

40+ days of the transfer window to close this out, plenty of time to sort it.

Hope he does join I bet a few months ago at 12/1.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.