Marc Cucurella

Status
Not open for further replies.
If we rate Cucu as good enough to be our 1st choice LB in the big games for years to come, we'll pay 50m, why not? But we may have doubts that he can make the LB position his own. Why pay 50m for him, if he is seen as a very good option to rotate Cancelo and Walker?

If we are reluctant to go above 45m, we don't see Cucu as a guaranteed starter but just as an improvement on Zinchenko. Maybe we do not rate his potential as world-class and think that at 50m we can get a player with a higher ceiling.

We lack enough info, but we may be certain that Txiki does what he thinks is the best for the team long term, and not just next season. Had we signed Kane for 150m, we wouldn't have Haaland now...

That is a pretty logical take. Indeed there have been contrasting claims most of the summer. Some say/guess he is our No.1.target no matter what, others have always maintained that he was 'an option to replace Zinchenko' if he left.

While I myself probably can see the first one as more likely, the timing and where we are suggests otherwise maybe.

We have gone and secured our first choice targets decisively and swiftly. Ferran in an interview earlier said our identified targets were forwards, and a midfielder to replace dinho, anything else depended on departures. So perhaps the club are either treating the Cucurella transfer as that, or trying to give the impression they are.

I'm not that bothered by the £50m valuation, as Bloom can set it at whatever he feels is right and is in a good position regarding contract years left. I don't think the examples you give are worth comparing though, as at the point of sale:

Mendy - title winner with Monaco and key role in run to CL semis
Laporte - 6 years at Bilbao in La Liga, Cup winner, team of the year
Cancelo - league winner with Benfica & Juve, Portuguese international, UEFA Nations League winner
Ake - Dutch International (not a bad comparison here)
Walker - England International, 6/7 years PL experience, team of the year, CL experience
Dias - League & Cup Winner with Benfica, CL experience, UEFA Nations League winner

Whether you think their cost and valuation is right etc is a different matter but I wouldn't do a like for like comparison.
Scored his only league goal against United. Take my money!

Talksport fella reckons the £30 mill bid was dowin to one reason only, the money men are tightening the purse strings. City without an endless purse, could be interesting.
If you believe anything what anyone says on that radio channel then you have serious issues.

I haven't listened to it for years as it pandered to rags and dippers in the main. They loved winding up Arsenal and Spurs as they react and call filling up their revenue. They don't or didn't get much a reaction from City fans, hence why they are always negative about them to please the masses.

Reading what others say on here, nothing seems to have changed.

Said it all along, Brighton’s model is a stepping stone club. Nothing wrong with it at all because it’ll get higher calibre players to their club with the promise of being able to leave.

Playing hardball with their prize asset wanting to go to the champions is risky and *might* put off future moves.

Even if Tap In is guessing (likely) then it’s an educated one. No disrespect to Brighton but if you’re Cucurella and City are after you, you want to go and test yourself in that team.

They deserve to set a high price given they took the risk last year but it’s all relative. Still think it’ll get done with us paying more than we wanted and Brighton getting less. The usual stuff.
It's all silly money. Price partly dependent on the cost of a replacement for Brighton. Brighton haven't got any left backs either.

I just think Zinny gives us flexiblity plus we have Cancello who did a great job there - I'm not one for questioning Pep on this - but this lad has had 1 very good season and they're asking silly money -

I loved Zinny for his heart and flexibility and Cancelo is as good as it gets going forward and can play either wingback roll.

I just have a feeling that this guy will turn into an absolute beast of a signing for us. Think in 2 seasons time we will look back and wonder how did we get him for so cheap.. even if we pay £40/£45m odd.

I have Zabletta vibes about him and not just because he looks like him albeit with crazy hair!

Someone posted a tweet here appearing to be from Cucurella where he’s shared an article by that chancer Remario or whatever he’s called, he added “#FreeCucurella” so assume fake
Comment was made in jest months ago before the rumours and out of context. And was in Spanish as his English was not good.

I just think Zinny gives us flexiblity plus we have Cancello who did a great job there - I'm not one for questioning Pep on this - but this lad has had 1 very good season and they're asking silly money -
Flexibility for where, he's no chance of getting into our midfielder, left back was his only position for us and Cucurella is better.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.