Marc Cucurella

Status
Not open for further replies.
I am still surprised why the deal is not completed till now.
This is not because I want it to happen but I think Pep prefers players to have a preseason with him before the start of the season. He was clearly miffed at Stones and Foden for missing the preseason. He would have preferred a match or two with Sosa/Cucu or whoever we are trying to sign.

It's not even about the money. Leaving aside the owner's money and all, arent we like 60-70 million in profit after Zinc/Sterling/Jesus/Academy lads sale and we don't shy from paying big money once Pep has an eye on the player.

Either City doesn't rate any LB more than 30 mil or We are just trying to win the net spend trophy from Liverpool ( Which I am all for it) Lets be the first team to win 7 trophies in a season!

Its not the same. We were alright with the likes of Bissouma, Ostigard, Taylor Richards (remember him) being sold. Even players like Duffy and Clarke if they go.

Cucrella is our player of the season and City have offered a fraction of the price we value him at.

It is worth repeating, he wants to go to you, we are willing to sell him to you, that has never been in dispute. We are not going to be pushed around by you.

i have seen so many things written on this site including sometimes you act like your interested in a player as a smoke screen to signing another player.

I honestly think if you sign him it will be for a package over £50m. Thats the compromise. Cucurella is being professional at least at the moment. So there is no pressure on us. We have laid our cards on the table from the very beginning. Nothing has changed YET.
You are entitled to ask for what you want for him, but it sounds like you are basing it on what we have paid for fullbacks before. There is no bidding war here, it is a case of one club wanting him, one club willing to consider selling him and one player willing to accept the move. I don’t think you are in as strong a negotiation position as you think you are. If we walk away you will be left with an unhappy player, then what? Accept a similar bid in 12 months time and an adversely affected team spirit?

The only happy solution for both parties here is a halfway £40 million accepted offer. Otherwise both clubs will be in weaker positions when they next negotiate transfers. If we walk away at £30 mill you will be weaker, if we cough up £50 mill we will be weaker.

Starting to think that Brighton were looking for a LB because they thought City were going to pay 50m. Why not, given that Arsenal paid 50m for White! But...turns out they were (probably) wrong. As things stand, a deal is anything but done or close. If there's a deal, it will be closer to 50m than to 40m, that much is certain now.

I think no Cucu deal is more likely now. Things may change a bit with a transfer request. But Sosa/another LB + JWE is the likely way to go forward.

Last edited:
I thought the bid for Phillips was low but the Leeds board didn't. Its what the decision makers at the clubs think. 30 mil for Cucurella in my opinion is abit low 35 mil with 5 mil add ons in my opinion would be fair. He had a good season last year but that's basically it, is he a 1 season wonder? Why isn't he a regular for Spain? How will he fair in champs league? Can he play 2 games a week for most of the season? and can he start for us when last season he wasn't as good as either of our full backs imho. There is an element of risk for us.
You can say that about any player. But you still think a package of £40m is reasonable. I honestly think Cucurella deal isn't going to be about value as we don't want to sell. It therefore has to be about being Peps number 1 target. With that in mind £50m can't be out of the question. If he isn't Peps number 1 target and you only want value transfers then you will walk away.

Starting to think that Brighton were looking for a LB because they thought City were going to pay 50m. Why not, given that Arsenal paid 50m for White! But...turns out they were (probably) wrong. As things stand, a deal is anything but done or close. If there's a deal, it will be closer to 50m than to 40m, that much is certain now.

I think no Cucu deal is more likely now. Things may change a bit with a transfer request. But Sosa/another LB + JWE is the likely way to go forward.
I don't get why people don't understand the part where we say we don't want to sell. Leeds wanted to sell as they over spent in last couple of season. We don't want to sell.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.