Marc Cucurella

Status
Not open for further replies.
You have just turned down a £16m bid for a player that has only played 9 senior games. If he was from anywhere else other than Man City people would say your crazy. £50m bid for our player of the season seems more and more reasonable.

If you want to sell untested players at high prices based on potential why cant we sell our player of the season who potentially is your missing link for £50+.
Yet Brighton have turned down £30m for Cucurella, thats how transfers work. We probably think that with one decent season we can get more than 3 times than £16m.

Its not the same. We were alright with the likes of Bissouma, Ostigard, Taylor Richards (remember him) being sold. Even players like Duffy and Clarke if they go.

Cucrella is our player of the season and City have offered a fraction of the price we value him at.

It is worth repeating, he wants to go to you, we are willing to sell him to you, that has never been in dispute. We are not going to be pushed around by you.

i have seen so many things written on this site including sometimes you act like your interested in a player as a smoke screen to signing another player.

I honestly think if you sign him it will be for a package over £50m. Thats the compromise. Cucurella is being professional at least at the moment. So there is no pressure on us. We have laid our cards on the table from the very beginning. Nothing has changed YET.
That's the issue him being your player of the season and other transfers have no impact on our value of the player. You value him at one figure and we value him at another it is what it is. I have no doubt he will remain professional and will cause you no issues or headaches but I also believe he wants the move, it's his agent you need to worry about. I'm happy either way he is a key player for Brighton and you value him accordingly at City he could be a rotation player as I can't see cancelo or walker being happy to be a backup.

Gone are the days we will be held to ransom by greedy chairmen demanding silly money.
It didn’t work out for Kane and it won’t for Cucurella.
There is no way in God’s world we are desperate yet.
Plenty of water to go under the bridge on this one but I can guarantee 50m plus won’t happen for this guy.
Bloom although a gambler is playing a risky game
If he doesnt allow him to leave after he's made BHA aware of what he wants, Cuc doesn't kick up a stink, gets his head down & puts in a similar season are Bloom & BHA going to get much more
Where as
Cucurella COULD kick up a stink, especially his agent, get injured or get embroiled in a relegation scrap & the fans get on Potters back, seeing as they booed him last season after Leeds game & a run of several poor results.

Why do you think it's our right to sign every player we want ?

They have a valuation, it's up to us to pay it, and we either pay or go onto the next target, simple.

It's understanable why we have become hated by other fan bases, we are becoming dipper like.
Why is it up to us to pay a valuation that hasn't been proved to be fact, its pure speculation.
We've put in a bid that has been rejected, but both parties are negotiating. Surely its upto Tixiki & the board to get the best deal that they can & if its not in their interests they'll walk away

That's the issue him being your player of the season and other transfers have no impact on our value of the player. You value him at one figure and we value him at another it is what it is. I have no doubt he will remain professional and will cause you no issues or headaches but I also believe he wants the move, it's his agent you need to worry about. I'm happy either way he is a key player for Brighton and you value him accordingly at City he could be a rotation player as I can't see cancelo or walker being happy to be a backup.
I have no doubt he wants the move. I have no doubt that we will not stand in his way, but at the moment you have made 1 bid that even half the people on here think is low.

Do I think £30 million is a lowball offer? Most definitely.
I don't think it's a lowball offer, they paid £15m for him less than a year ago. That's a 100% return and in any walk of life that has to considered great business.

But i agree, if they want over £50m, that would be a huge gamble on our part.

The lad has had one season in the PL, his form could've been a fluke, maybe not, but he wasn't considered good enough for Barcelona.

I have no doubt he wants the move. I have no doubt that we will not stand in his way, but at the moment you have made 1 bid that even half the people on here think is low.
I thought the bid for Phillips was low but the Leeds board didn't. Its what the decision makers at the clubs think. 30 mil for Cucurella in my opinion is abit low 35 mil with 5 mil add ons in my opinion would be fair. He had a good season last year but that's basically it, is he a 1 season wonder? Why isn't he a regular for Spain? How will he fair in champs league? Can he play 2 games a week for most of the season? and can he start for us when last season he wasn't as good as either of our full backs imho. There is an element of risk for us.

We had the same reaction form Arsenal fans when we bought their players. We had the same reaction from Everton fans when we bought Lescott, courtesy of Moyes sh*t stirring in the media. We had the same reaction from Spurs fans when we wanted to sign Kane. Fans of other clubs don’t like City buying their (best) players, which is understandable. If City had paid the asking price, whatever it is, instead of going in with a cheeky 1st offer, Brighton fans wouldn’t be so annoyed.

Like many other people I think £40mill-£45mill+add-ons should do it this week. Hopefully.

As no (bad) news for us is coming from either City or Brighton, it’s safe to say negotiations are still on-going. :-)
There is a difference here. He hasn’t even been at Brighton a year yet, they bought him for £15 million. Clearly this is not a case of developing their own players and being adequately compensated. This is about cherry picking young European talent, showcasing them and selling for a profit. There is nothing wrong with that, but it is a bit rich complaining about the size of the profit when Brighton have done nothing with him.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.