Marc Cucurella

Status
Not open for further replies.
There is a difference here. He hasn’t even been at Brighton a year yet, they bought him for £15 million. Clearly this is not a case of developing their own players and being adequately compensated. This is about cherry picking young European talent, showcasing them and selling for a profit. There is nothing wrong with that, but it is a bit rich complaining about the size of the profit when Brighton have done nothing with him.
As Gordon Gecko once said “greed is good” lol

You can say that about any player. But you still think a package of £40m is reasonable. I honestly think Cucurella deal isn't going to be about value as we don't want to sell. It therefore has to be about being Peps number 1 target. With that in mind £50m can't be out of the question. If he isn't Peps number 1 target and you only want value transfers then you will walk away.
Peps already got his top 3 targets and only 1 was over 50mil. Englands current player of the year and arguably Leeds best player was 42 mil with 3 mil add ons, haaland was 51mil and alvarez was 14 mil all three are quality signing and represent good value. Pep is the best manager he will provide a list of 3-7 targets for each position and the board will do the best deal for the club and pep knows the club has done its best and work with what he has. As I said Cucurella could be worth 50mil to you but alot less to us its all about perspective.

Esbrand and Ake can both do a job there as back up.

At RB we have Rico Lewis and Phillips who if asked can do a job there as back up.
This isn't a mix and match depending who is available Sunday league team...its the most talented team in Europe...let's keep it at least a little real...

This isn't a mix and match depending who is available Sunday league team...its the most talented team in Europe...let's keep it at least a little real...
Some stupid statement people have short memories, we won the league by the skin of our teeth in May, now suddenly Phillips or a youth team player can fill in full back, nonsense. Zinchenko has to be replaced simple

Am I reading too much into cancelo starting at RB and Wilson Esbrand and LB with Walker on the bench? That says to me that if we had signed or go sign Cucurella that he will start LB with Cancelo RB? Considering Cancelo was LB and Walker RB last season and both were available fir the game it seems pep is planning for Cucurella to start.
Walker played the entire 90 the other day and he is 32 regardless of how fit he is...no need to put extra miles on his legs in July...

Status
Not open for further replies.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.