Marc Cucurella

Status
Not open for further replies.
We can and we will for the reasons I have already outlined. The only way this will change is if Brighton take the price we are offering as we won’t be going anywhere near their silly demand of 50m.
I bet we do get near to £50m Brighton are asking. Don't see why some people are so upset about it. If he is good enough and stays with us for 5 years plus £50m is a good price. We are selling players that have never kicked a ball in premier league for £10m plus.

You can say that about any player. But you still think a package of £40m is reasonable. I honestly think Cucurella deal isn't going to be about value as we don't want to sell. It therefore has to be about being Peps number 1 target. With that in mind £50m can't be out of the question. If he isn't Peps number 1 target and you only want value transfers then you will walk away.
Dream on City aren’t paying £50m for your left back, tbh we shouldn’t even go to £40m I’d say about £36/37m is enough for Cucurella, anyway it looks like your interested in Williams from the rags so the deal maybe close.

If we pay £50m then that's what we think he's worth. If we think he's worth £40m and Brighton want £50m then it's up to us isn't it. Wouldn't be the first time we've overpaid for a player.

Why do you think it's our right to sign every player we want ?

They have a valuation, it's up to us to pay it, and we either pay or go onto the next target, simple.

It's understanable why we have become hated by other fan bases, we are becoming dipper like.
To be fair, 40 plus 5 in add ons is a strong proposal...I agree that they have a right to ask for more but we also have the right to move on...I don't see the club as acting entitled in any way...I see more people being restless and impatient than I see entitled...there may be a few, but the reason we've become hated is because we win a whole bunch...if we were to win the CL you'll see the hate meter rise even more...We shouldn't worry about the scorn thrown our way by those who would love to be in our current position...I'll never feel guilty about being TOO good or winning TOO much...if we were to win 3 quadruples in a row I'd still be ravenous for more...just sayin'...

Am I reading too much into cancelo starting at RB and Wilson Esbrand and LB with Walker on the bench? That says to me that if we had signed or go sign Cucurella that he will start LB with Cancelo RB? Considering Cancelo was LB and Walker RB last season and both were available fir the game it seems pep is planning for Cucurella to start.

I think this will happen except in games against the likes of say, PSG who have Mbappe tearing down the right, yes.

We have been ripped plenty of times well before the present ownership, a player is valued by his present club, either pay or move along, but 50m in this market and for a club that has paid 50m plus for 3 previous FB, is not unreasonable.
In your opinion.

If we pay £50m then that's what we think he's worth. If we think he's worth £40m and Brighton want £50m then it's up to us isn't it. Wouldn't be the first time we've overpaid for a player.
Obviously mate if we pay £50m so be it, it won’t be the first time we’ve overpaid for a player like you said, but can you see City increasing £20m from our opening bid because I can’t, maybe £10m including add ons.

I'd sign the hippy then loan him out to Bournemouth or Palace just to piss on the Seagulls chips.
He isn't even that good. Had one good season last year and he's worth 50m? Is he fuck. If zinner only went for 30m plus with 4 premier leagues in his back pocket, a full international and years of premier league experience then why is this clown worth more?
Like always seems to happen with us trying to sign players, greedy chairman at the selling club suddenly stick a few quid on the valuation.

All these Brighton fans on here all of a sudden are getting tedius with their holier than thou attitude towards it. Do one.

I'm hoping pep throws Wilson Esbrand in and he comes up smelling of roses and shines, it'll save us money buying this one season wonder.
That's harsh...I'm willing to bet this kid becomes a top quality player at City...you're letting Brighton's asking price and the thoughts of some of their fans project onto the player...if you really feel that way about him then I'll just weigh in as a dissenting vote...

To be fair, 40 plus 5 in add ons is a strong proposal...I agree that they have a right to ask for more but we also have the right to move on...I don't see the club as acting entitled in any way...I see more people being restless and impatient than I see entitled...there may be a few, but the reason we've become hated is because we win a whole bunch...if we were to win the CL you'll see the hate meter rise even more...We shouldn't worry about the scorn thrown our way by those who would love to be in our current position...I'll never feel guilty about being TOO good or winning TOO much...if we were to win 3 quadruples in a row I'd still be ravenous for more...just sayin'...
I said nothing about the club been entitled, just some of our fan base.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.