Marc Cucurella

Status
Not open for further replies.
Doesn't say that to me. It says that Pep's trying things out — as is his wont in no-risk situations — for a scenario in which we have four players for two positions, one of whom can play in both of them. That's all I'd conclude, personally. Walker's as fit as a fiddle. There's no way he's suddenly going to become back-up to Cancelo. On the other hand, there's no way he's playing 50+ matches this coming season. No-one will.
Managing minutes. Walker played all the game on Thursday, Cancelo and JWE 45 mins each.

Doesn't say that to me. It says that Pep's trying things out — as is his wont in no-risk situations — for a scenario in which we have four players for two positions, one of whom can play in both of them. That's all I'd conclude, personally. Walker's as fit as a fiddle. There's no way he's suddenly going to become back-up to Cancelo. On the other hand, there's no way he's playing 50+ matches this coming season. No-one will.

All possible mate but I also don’t see a new £40-50m full back who is actually a proper left and would be our only first team one left out for big games??

True, but there is a human factor here. Clubs don’t want to seen as a soft touch and players want to maximise their potential, their success and their earnings. As much as the negotiating parties want to pour all the entities into a graphical mathematical formulae and then hit the maxima it doesn’t always work like that.

Seen as a soft touch?
I’m guessing that’s a reference to market perception and that would obviously be included as a value in the clubs assessment rather than as a gut feeling ‘add on’ that pushes common sense to one side and allows childlike emotional urgency to take the reigns of commerce.

And maybe the John Wayne style ‘spit & shake’ nonsense does really exist in the Walt Disney madness that persists in the management of some very badly run clubs (Man Utd et al) but it would undoubtedly be seen as anathema at a well run club like City.

Browsing transfermarket it does seem that 30m is a bit of a lowball. Aside from the two fullbacks that we paid 50m for Hakimi moved for 59m last summer, along with Chilwell for 45m, Wan-Bissaka for 49.5m and Ferland Mendy for 43m in previous seasons. 45-50m seems basically correct.

I’m not sure why Brighton would settle for less considering how much we’ve done in sales this summer and the fact that he’s obviously our first choice.

Browsing transfermarket it does seem that 30m is a bit of a lowball. Aside from the two fullbacks that we paid 50m for Hakimi moved for 59m last summer, along with Chilwell for 45m, Wan-Bissaka for 49.5m and Ferland Mendy for 43m in previous seasons. 45-50m seems basically correct.

I’m not sure why Brighton would settle for less considering how much we’ve done in sales this summer and the fact that he’s obviously our first choice.
That's upto them, also what we offer is upto us

Status
Not open for further replies.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.