Marc Cucurella

Status
Not open for further replies.
I get everyone's reaction to the comments from Potter/Weir, but honestly they probably mean nothing. This one looks like a kane saga to me. Start with a low bid (75m + add ons)- that gets rejected straight away. Get told City sources confident through the whole thing. No real second bid materialises as Brighton/Tottenham make it clear they want stupid money. Brighton/Tottenham sources say City are miles away from an agreement.

I'm not trying to criticise City, I'm pretty sure he's not worth 50m atm. Although could be when considering if we got 5-6 good years out of him or am I saying City can't negotiate- I respect that City set a price and are willing to walk away if a club tries to ask for way above value. I just think there are a lot of parallels. A lot of ITKs reported last year of second bids for Kane and confidence at the City end it would get done. There was a lot of reliance on Kane striking- as I think there is on this deal that Cucurella throws his toys out. I'm not sure that's going to happen tbh. I hope we do go get a different LB if it doesn't materialise.
Can see he’s maybe not worth 50 to you, but he probably is to us - pretty much irreplaceable at the moment at our level (as shown by the donkeys we keep getting linked with as ‘replacements’). Add the fact we don’t need to sell and looking less likely a deal will get done IMO - only unknown factor if the extent to which he’s pushing for it (and none of us have much of a clue on that)

Can see he’s maybe not worth 50 to you, but he probably is to us - pretty much irreplaceable at the moment at our level (as shown by the donkeys we keep getting linked with as ‘replacements’). Add the fact we don’t need to sell and looking less likely a deal will get done IMO - only unknown factor if the extent to which he’s pushing for it (and none of us have much of a clue on that)
Good post, however i think if the champions come in for you to take you from Brighton (no disrespect intended) you would start pushing quite hard

Naylor Crying again.

What he fails to understand is that Zinc was getting into a Man City team,not a Brighton 11.He also offers far more as a squad/utility player.....so the claim that Cucu is 'better' is very much open to debate and interpretation.

I guess we could make it 35 to show a bit of good will and stop them whining?

Naylor Crying again.

Tbf the guy is as solid a club journalist source you can get. 25+ years working as chief sports reporter for BHAFC news- he's gonna have some pretty strong sources. Given the quiet from all of city's reliable journalists I'd suggest there isn't much reason to disagree with him. All that has been said is its unlikely City would go to 50m.

I think if he's saying 50m or nothing then that's probably the case. Atm this thread is clinging to comments by Weir and Potter that could mean nothing and the hope of a second bid that is yet to materialise.

I'm not sure how you can be confident on this one atm.

These Brighton fans remind me of Ipswich fans back in Joe Royle times. Desperate for attention and some sort of rivalry with a big club. Must have crushed them to know we, and most everybody else, really didn't care.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.