Marc Cucurella

Status
Not open for further replies.
If Cucurella was playing in another division and in another country he would be a much cheaper signing. Prices tend to be over inflated in English Football.

Green Bay Packer's quarterback, whose home field is Lambeau Field where City played on Saturday. One of the most instantly recognizable sportsmen over here. Won the Super Bowl and has been MVP (Most Valuable Player - Yank parlance) at least once. Hope that helps ;)

That’s why I didn’t even know who he was…

I have to disagree regarding the left back position.From what i have seen of Cucurella......he is better positionally and he is faster,he is also his equal in terms of technical ability.
I already conceded this point in saying he is a better defensive Left back. But I disagree he is Zinchencko's equal in terms of technical ability. He isn't. Zee is discernibly a better and more expansive technical player.

Last edited:
Because, Brighton wasn't satisfied with the offer. But it's not objectively low.

City concluding he is a 30 million player is in line and above what the current market of Leftbacks are going for. I.e. all less than 30 million. Adding a ,5 million English tax to an average of less than 25 million brings it to about 30 million. That's an honest evaluation. It's not like they offered a price below what the general good LB is going for. They didn't.

Brighton wanting more has no bearing on that valuation. They are within their rights to want more. But 30 million is objectively NOT low.
I honestly believe that if he comes to City, whatever the cost, you are going to be pleasantly surprised as to how good a player we will have.
I think you`re doing the lad a bit of injustice and I do wonder if you also made the same comments about us paying £40M for Ake.
There is no "going rate" for any player ... its what the buying club want to pay.

I honestly believe that if he comes to City, whatever the cost, you are going to be pleasantly surprised as to how good a player we will have.
I think you`re doing the lad a bit of injustice and I do wonder if you also made the same comments about us paying £40M for Ake.
There is no "going rate" for any player ... its what the buying club want to pay.
Again, I am not doubting Cucu's talent. I think he looked great against us and I've seen some highlights. He looks the real deal. Especially, defensively. I'm just saying we didn't low ball Brighton.

Example Grimaldo is a fabulous Leftback who is available for 7million. You can check out his highlights. He too is discernibly good like Cucu. Won't be surprised if Brighton turns around and pay the 7 million by the way once this deal is done. So it's not about questioning Cucu at all. I'm simply backing out front office's evaluation. It's very logical.

Also, didn't say it about Ake coz at the time we were desperate and in need of a CB. We frankly were on the verge of being domn to just one CB.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.